jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Subject says enough.

Let the anniversary goodness commence.

Comments

• Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    Sale is a joke....in all my years living on this planet this is NOT what a sale looks like.
    This kind of sale is something Q from Star Trek would come up with to tinykitty us all off.
    (If you don't know who Q is Google it)
    icon_mad.gif
  • They didint learn anything from last years anniversary...
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I like how they end the sale right before/when the anniversary event begins.
    They did the same thing last year.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    The thing is ANYONE who was around last year better have the common freaking sense to NOT jump the gun with this sale, seeing as how LAST ANNIVERSARY went........
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Does anyone care to elaborate on what happened last year? This is some peoples first anniversary.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    A sale should cost you less money, not just this garbage bonus they keep trying.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    My terrible whale habit kicked in.

*dries tears with 50,000 HP*

icon_cry.gif
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone care to elaborate on what happened last year? This is some peoples first anniversary.

The usual sale on Hero points and ISO. After the sale, there was either a completely unannounced or a known-only-to-a-select-few change in the game that made 3-star and 4-star covers purchasable only with Command Points, rather than Hero Points. The folks who bought Hero points to store up to purchase that last cover they needed for one of their characters (pre-championing days) got screwed.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    sambrookjm wrote:

The usual sale on Hero points and ISO. After the sale, there was either a completely unannounced or a known-only-to-a-select-few change in the game that made 3-star and 4-star covers purchasable only with Command Points, rather than Hero Points. The folks who bought Hero points to store up to purchase that last cover they needed for one of their characters (pre-championing days) got screwed.

Holy cow, seriously? They did that on the anniversary?

That is just...that is seriously screwed up.

"Happy Anniversary, honey! Guess what I did for it? I cheated on you! Hooray!"
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Man, if they had kept the ability to just buy covers I'd be rolling though everything so easily icon_e_sad.gif
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    sambrookjm wrote:

Just to be clear, the anniversary happens in early October. The change of buying covers from HP to CP went in effect mid-January.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    sambrookjm wrote:

Just to be clear, the anniversary happens in early October. The change of buying covers from HP to CP went in effect mid-January.
    It was RIGHT after the Christmas sale.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    It was RIGHT after the Christmas sale.

But it wasn't right after anniversary, and that was the implication of the original post. IIRC, it was a couple weeks after the Christmas sale, and they gave a few days/a week's advance notice for it. Basically, if you were already at the covers you needed, you were fine, but if you bought it in order to use when you pulled more covers then you could/did get screwed.
  • northnorth
    northnorth Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    A sale should cost you less money, not just this garbage bonus they keep trying.

Agreed 100%
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I'm sure I asked a question and got a response that play store/itunes etc won't let them deviate from the set price. Can a dev clarify? It's this kind of info that helps smooth community relations. Thanks.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:

Oops. I had that fiasco tied to the wrong sale. My apologies.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    thisone wrote:
    I'm sure I asked a question and got a response that play store/itunes etc won't let them deviate from the set price. Can a dev clarify? It's this kind of info that helps smooth community relations. Thanks.

Which would line up with the fact that the other sale they usually run is to give you the $20 value for the $5 purchase.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    I'll confirm that (regarding purchasing cover w/ HP prior to Champions being introduced).

I did it, because I figured something would be changed w/ the Champion introduction, and I took an educated guess and spent the 2500HP for my 13th cover.

So they didn't explicitly say the change was going to happen, but it wasn't unexpected (to me at least).
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Well *someone* in my alliance thought the sale was a good deal. I just got 40 CP out of nowhere for alliance purchases.

I feel torn between feeling happy I got free stuff and wanting to kick them for wasting so much money on a terrible deal.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:

Other games do it fine, PVZ2 and Family Guy which I used to play had actual money off sales.