Team Cho?

Handoftheking26
Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
OK...seems like turning Cho into a poor mans SW has made him relevant. So what teams are you guys using? I've heard Cho/Daken is awesome, and I'm sure he's fueling some mean green teams....but I would love to hear some cool combos if you guys wanna share...thanks

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    This will get moved to advice or somewhere else.

In BOP I used 5/3/5 Cho with GT/IM40 to get massive AP quickly, with all the charged tiles. SS would do the job as well.

You probably want to use a green/blue user other than Cho. BSSM in 5* land would be a good match. Iceman in 4* land would go well with him.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    In PVE, the Cho-required node worked well with Quake, since she stopps the enemy aoe and does massive green aoe damage herself.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    Great question I have been working on this as well since he now has the highest possible level of my non-championed 4's. Here has what I have seen since I started playing with him, he likes to tank a lot of colors so his black seems very important, he generates lots of green and blue and the charged tiles. I am definitely going to take a close look at him and 4thor they seem to feed each other very well put those blues towards her stun and they both make the charged tiles to make her red hit like a truck, hit with his green as often as possible. The question then comes up who would be the 3rd and I am torn between 2 characters at the moment, IM-40 and Iron Fist, IM-40 generates even more blue and green so you get to the big hits faster, Iron Fist gets you black and completes the rainbow team where all color have a use. I am slightly leaning tows Iron Fist because of the tanking issue with Hulk, his heal is now usable and even though it is not huge it is true healing and feeds green and blue again.

I think Iceman is another obvious choice but I do not have him slotted well enough to comment much on him. Another outside the box character might be 2-star storm, especially when boosted, feed blue to her, keep the other team locked down and use his green to deal the majority of damage.

One final team I would like to mess around with is Cho, She-Hulk and 4-Hawkeye. Pump all green into she-hulk to deny other team from doing anything and all blue into Hawkeye for damage and healing denial. Unfortunately I only have 2 covers for Hawkeye but I think it could be a very sound group as well.

Personally I am not seeing much of the point to Draken, his strike tiles are weak, yes lots of green matches mean lots of tiles but I think there are better output options for the blue. I would be intersted to hear which he is the "hot" match up character with cho at the moment other than lots of people have him covered. It you paired them up with Prof-X (I will try this one soon) that starts to make more sense but anybody else seems less efficient.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    OK...seems like turning Cho into a poor mans SW has made him relevant. So what teams are you guys using? I've heard Cho/Daken is awesome, and I'm sure he's fueling some mean green teams....but I would love to hear some cool combos if you guys wanna share...thanks
    I would only use him with a buffed Quake or Iceman
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    In TaT, I've been using Flaptain, Cho, and Quake. Pretty fun team and gets the green rolling even faster.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Poor man's scarlet witch that's harder to get and more expensive.... so rich mans scarlet witch?
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I've got a freshly champed Cho and been having a lot of fun trying him out in Simulator and Thick as Thieves. Unfortunately I don't have any of this weeks 4* boosted, but I've been doing ok in TaT with 4* Cyclops and Switch (just because).

I like using him for his green rather than just as an AP battery, but to get the most out of him you need the 12 blue AP so you really need an outlet for the blue AP. Obvious candidates are Iceman and 4Thor, but he also works well with the likes of Falcap to reduce his countdown and Kingpin. I guess newer releases like Quake, Hawkeye and Peggy could also have some synergy with Cho.

Can't see him being viable in PVP outside of boost weeks, but to be fair you can say that for nearly all 4*s (i.e. whilst you can run Hulkbuster, Jean, Cyk, Rhulk etc they just paint a target on your back for all 4* plus players).
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    My impression is that he's way better than before, but still not competitive. I might not have the best data set, though. My opinion is based on his essential node (Lt/Muscle/Bullseye), which was brutal. I was pairing him with a functional OML and boosted champed Switch - managed to get 4 clears but after that, absolutely no traction. Wiped 3x. Chulk was too slow and not enough tiles placed to make a difference. When he did fire it usually destroyed good black or purple matches.

He's worth pumping some Iso into now, though. As a battery he's got some good pairing options, and might even be decent on defense if you omit active blue.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

That is how I have been using him in this pve, him (3/5/5) and IM40 both feeding Quake, his high hp and a heal help to reduce health pack usage quite effectively.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    According to the MPQ devs, he plays well with Star Lord.
  • Crowl
    Calnexin wrote:
    My impression is that he's way better than before, but still not competitive. I might not have the best data set, though. My opinion is based on his essential node (Lt/Muscle/Bullseye), which was brutal. I was pairing him with a functional OML and boosted champed Switch - managed to get 4 clears but after that, absolutely no traction. Wiped 3x. Chulk was too slow and not enough tiles placed to make a difference. When he did fire it usually destroyed good black or purple matches.

He's worth pumping some Iso into now, though. As a battery he's got some good pairing options, and might even be decent on defense if you omit active blue.

The way I look at him now is that he has at least moved into the main pack of characters with these changes, he is clearly useful when boosted, but not going to be my first choice ahead of other characters with better greens. If his blue was a better battery then he would be so much nicer, changes such as lower countdown, more tiles or more structure to the tiles converted with extra covers for example.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Crowl wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

That is how I have been using him in this pve, him (3/5/5) and IM40 both feeding Quake, his high hp and a heal help to reduce health pack usage quite effectively.

Doing the exact same thing. His blue at 5 is doing roughly 4K damage every time it fires which is great for knocking the bad guys down into insta-death from Quake's AOE. Plus the blue for her targetted attack is great against the goon CDs.
  • Kingpin + Cho + Star Lord
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Cho + Ice Man + Thoress = God Tier

Could possibly be one of the best 4* teams
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    If I must say I will miss trolling my alliance by sending them cho power ups icon_e_sad.gif
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Cho + Ragnarok + Kamila Khan for me

Cho and Rag both pump out lots of green charged tiles, Rag makes more blue for that ability, and Kamila harvests it all to punch everyone on the enemy team FOR JUSTICE.

On top of that, between all of their healing, it works out well. Kamila can use her purple to eat the green tiles, Cho makes more green, and Cho and Rag's green abilities are underwhelming so its all good.

Can't use yellow, but honestly with all the green that ends up being fine.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Switch+4hor+Cho.

Have been really enjoying this team
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    IM40 / Cho / 4Thor

Rush IM40 yellow as always to bring 4thor online and help bring Cho's green damage kicker online. Then build up some black and and spam the board with charged tiles galore. Let 4thor take advantage of this with her. The neat thing about Cho's unkicked green is that is only targets BASIC tiles for destruction. Which means the charged tiles are safe and cascades from the board shake can be VERY profitable.

Mohawk / Cho / 4thor

This is essentially the same team as above but it's better geared towards the long game. You'll have to build up 4thor's blue and red the old fashioned way but once the board gets spammed with charged tiles than you unleash Mohawks green to keep the skills going. Remember, mohawks green will get all benefits from a charged tile. Mohawks yellow helps keep the board clear of useless colours and improves the effectiveness of green.

Cho / Fury / Hood

Cho and Fury fully protect Hood. Hood has always been great with Fury to activate his Yellow and Cho ensures nearly every AP color gets some use. Fury's blue is a powerhouse so Cho generating blue charged tiles is great. Similar to the Mohawk/Cho/4thor team this one will be slow as you spend a good chunk of the match just powering up. Not good for sustained play but a fun team that should work fine.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meander wrote:
    In TaT, I've been using Flaptain, Cho, and Quake. Pretty fun team and gets the green rolling even faster.

Fully agreed. Fun and decently powerful. Sam accelerates Cho's CD and with charged tiles you end up with lots of Green and Blue for Quake, who, with her board-shaking powers facilitates keeping the train rolling.
  • Crowl
    evade420 wrote:
    Switch+4hor+Cho.

Have been really enjoying this team

What is the reasoning behind that one?