Increased Scaling On Easy Missions

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Happy Friday, everyone.

Anthony at Demiurge wanted to point out a recent bug fix (in R110) that has caused some players to wonder what's up. Here's the good word:
    "Some people may have noticed that easy missions (Including the 2-Star Required missions) are noticeably harder than before. This is actually due to a bug fix in R110 which I will call out below: 'Missions that have a maximum difficulty (like the 2-Star Required mission) no longer have different difficulties for different rosters of much different strengths.' There was a 'order of operations' issue where the scaling was being determined after the mission difficulty cap was taken into account. This also has the side-effect where missions were actually easier than they were intended to be. We are looking at these numbers and have made the 2-Star Required pins easier in the Story event that starts Monday (Dark Avengers: Heroic). We'll continue to look at player performance and feedback and make changes in future Story events."

Thanks!

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the update
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Was I the only one that groaned when they saw another Heroic starting on Monday? icon_e_sad.gif

Heroics have to be the least enjoyable story event. Guess I'll have more time to play something else next week.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also groaned to see another Heroic so soon.

I play a lot on weekdays (I have an hour train commute each morning and evening), and I don't play much on weekends. So it would be nice if sometimes they would do a fun (ie non-Heroic) PVE that included SCL, where the majority of it took place on Mon-Fri. Thanks! icon_cool.gif
  • Will the clearance levels be available on monday's heroic PVE?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't mind Heroics if the design philosophy was "All villains locked out". No using Dark Avengers. No using Juggernaut during the event you're supposed to fight him in (or Venom in the Venom story). Simply, tagged as villain, locked out of use.

Also, glad to finally have clarification on the scaling change. That patch note hadn't been very clear on what it was actually supposed to do. Thank you.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Start anniversary week with another heroic.
    Of course.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    The information is appreciated as always. Is it really necessary to adjust the easier missions to be double the difficulty they were before, though?

Seriously... it was nice to just have a few nodes that I could blow through without needing to think or potentially worry about health packs.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    DARN PEMDAS!!!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guess I am maxing Drax for the Heroic...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why can't scaling be rolled back for the start of sub 3 of the current event?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least one pro for Heroic story events is that there is some easy SHIELD Rank XP to grab. I'm not sure that makes up for the challenge for this week's boosted list, though (for me at least). icon_e_smile.gif
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Smudge wrote:
    The information is appreciated as always. Is it really necessary to adjust the easier missions to be double the difficulty they were before, though?

Seriously... it was nice to just have a few nodes that I could blow through without needing to think or potentially worry about health packs.
    I also appreciated being able to use characters I wouldn't get to use on higher difficulties, like characters that are fun but of a low level or new 3-4*'s with only one cover that I want to try out.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Family Reunion IV - killed my 1 cover GG, due to those nasty strike tiles generated before I could down that lvl 140 muscle.

He's never died on one of the 3 'trivial' nodes, lol. It was so weird. I used 2 Health packs for this first run, one was for DP who kept jumping in front of Groot (but I wanted Groot to take a little more damage to heal!!), the other to resurrect GG.

R&G/DP/SW did pretty good for this sub.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    DARN PEMDAS!!!

Aunt Sally has scr*wed us AGAIN.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i thought Amadeus' Inferno was next
  • slidecage wrote:
    i thought Amadeus' Inferno was next

thats not really an event. its what? like 5 nodes total you clear one time each for a cover?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately, bugfix or not, this change sucks. No one wants level 200+ 2*essential nodes. They aren't as much fun at that level (even if they still aren't often a real challenge for 4*rosters), and most importantly add a non-trivial time burden onto a game mode that already asks players to put in as much as 3 hours per day.

Can you please unfix this problem?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately, bugfix or not, this change sucks. No one wants level 200+ 2*essential nodes. They aren't as much fun at that level (even if they still aren't often a real challenge for 4*rosters), and most importantly add a non-trivial time burden onto a game mode that already asks players to put in as much as 3 hours per day.

Can you please unfix this problem?

Agreed. Thanks for the info, but please change it back. The "bugged" version was better.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Waitaminit.... Let me see if i got this correct... You mean the easier levels in the Easy and 2* nodes were all due to a BUG????

icon_eek.gif

Who ever asked for harder Easy nodes?

Please bring back the easy Easy and 2* essential nodes! Pve is already a time sink. Help make it less of a time sink
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, erm...devs? Remember when you changed the scaling to make things a little easier and we all said "Good job! This feels about right!"
    What part of that sentiment made you feel like going back and bumping it back up again? =(