Cosmetic Purchases

2»

Comments

• Unity wrote:
    This would be so cool. Like if Moonstone could change her outfit and cover to this: http://senderstruck.files.wordpress.com ... nstone.jpg
    I hope you've just found next gold character.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    quadiak wrote:
    Interesting thread.

I too feel somewhat obligated as to rewarding the developers in some way, then I remember how absolutely blown out of proportion they have set their pricing and that feeling is soon replaced by contempt.

There was a time when I thought I should make a small donation in the way of purchasing a bit of iso-8 to level up my Patches when he was first awarded, then I roughed out a small calculation of what I would get for around $10 and it amounted to piddly squat all. Needless to say I decided not to make that purchase or any other.

I would still like to know the amount of iso-8 it would take to level a 3* character from 15 all the way up to 141 and what it would cost to purchase it. Considering that I spent 25000 iso-8(the equivalent of $50) to bring my Punisher from 95 to 107, I have no doubts to could be in the vicinity of $500 and if one was to purchase the HP to gain 10 extra covers at 1250/cover, one would definitely be over the $600 mark. And some call this microtransactions? HMPH This is just plain robbery.

I would love to see statistical data on how much money some people have spent to get their rosters and Alliances(which cost another $100 worth of HP for a 20 slot team). Although the skeptic in me would never ever believe they were being honest, and assume they spent up to 10 times what they admit to.

If I ever give them anything it will simply be a $5 purchase of HP with the intent of buying roster slots to house useless characters like Captain America which don't deserve to have the HP spent on them, but seem to be necessary for the developers to continue to make a rather large income and so they keep making him into various carnations and a mandatory character in certain events.
    $5 is about 1 roster slot
  • quadiak wrote:
    I would still like to know the amount of iso-8 it would take to level a 3* character from 15 all the way up to 141 and what it would cost to purchase it.

A 3*** character requires 172,764 ISO to level completely from 15 to 141 (from Yeggy's MPQ Calculator).

With the Bonus ISO offer on the $100 package (65,000 ISO), you can gain that much ISO in 3 purchases.

At normal rates (52,000 ISO), 3 $100 purchases will leave you 16,764 ISO short of this target.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Well IceIX could always release the Hot Coffee mod for Daredevil...

NOBODY WANTS TO SEE BAREDEVIL
  • rowaasr13 wrote:
    Unity wrote:
    This would be so cool. Like if Moonstone could change her outfit and cover to this: http://senderstruck.files.wordpress.com ... nstone.jpg

I hate golds and 3's. They are starting to disgust me.
  • Unity wrote:
    rowaasr13 wrote:
    Unity wrote:

I hate golds and 3's. They are starting to disgust me.
    How they're any different from existing 1->2 or 2->3 variants?
  • quadiak
    quadiak Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Lyrian wrote:

A 3*** character requires 172,764 ISO to level completely from 15 to 141 (from Yeggy's MPQ Calculator).

With the Bonus ISO offer on the $100 package (65,000 ISO), you can gain that much ISO in 3 purchases.

At normal rates (52,000 ISO), 3 $100 purchases will leave you 16,764 ISO short of this target.

Well I suppose I was off by a bit, but still $300-$350 to level up a character(assuming one finds all the covers), that is insane.

I don't image there is many, at least I would hope, that spend that kind of coin on a game like this, I suppose other than spoiled rich kids.
  • Every character should have alternate costumes as well as Separate entities. I'm surprised symbiote spiderman hasn't showed up yet, because it would give a chance for more attack moves rather than traps/protection tiles. Then there's characters like storm, who has three different skins, but no one wants to level her up three times!
  • If it was something that even just replaces the avatar graphic with something else, the ability animations (like how they changed wolverine's) and covers I'd like it.

Especially if it in some way allowed us to use excess covers as a way to level them up and unlock the new graphics.

Personally I feel it's kind of a waste selling 3 star covers for 500 iso even though my stuff is already ideally covered.
  • Advocating another revenue stream for the publishers to get even more money from players is crazy. Can buy health packs, Hero Points and ISO in one game already at high prices. Each new cover is DLC at a premium cost so super expensive game. If Call of Duty was 'free' like this with $10 to buy an Assault Rifle, $5 per grenade, $5 per health pack, ammo regeneration but could buy ammo packs, body armour $10, perks $5 only if you grind for hours playing with a pistol only....

You get the point and you would not play or pay. Put a Marvel badge on it and print money but making it more about money or grinding for hours will lose players. icon_cry.gif