Devs - 1.7 Appreciation Thread

Options
Plastic
Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I want to say thanks a ton for the animation changes! The little things in life sometimes make the biggest difference.

I'm sure others have things they've noticed that makes a difference for their gaming experience. Let's hear it.

Comments

• yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Patch Notes: https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... e-9-27-16-

I also want to further thank the devs/release folks for putting details and explanations on all the patch changes. It shows that there were real thought going on for all the changes (but I barely have any of those cards so I can't comment on the changes themselves).
  • Coconut99
    Options
    Wait, so the 1.7 notes posted there only mention a change to Kiora's first ability...were her 2nd and 3rd abilities left alone? Or also nerfed down?

EDIT: Never mind--downloaded the patch, logged in, and checked it out myself. Yep, only 1st ability changed. Not a horrible nerf that way...1st ability was fairly OP.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks for the little quality of life improvements - especially the unmastered cards filter! icon_e_biggrin.gif:D

And I hope to never see another RC again now!
  • glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    hopefully they improve the drop rate too
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe I'm crazy but I swear all the loading screens are faster and my phone isn't running nearly as hot as it used to. So thank you!
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just killed a double-reinforced Runaway Carriage by casting a Tyrant of Valakut, so thanks for taking away Prevent Damage.

I love the chat, though I would like it even more if it went into landscape mode if my iPad went into landscape mode. I have a keyboard on my iPad and right now I'm typing everything sideways.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    I want to say thanks a ton for the animation changes! The little things in life sometimes make the biggest difference.

I'm sure others have things they've noticed that makes a difference for their gaming experience. Let's hear it.

You're right about the little things, such as spawning Knight Allies with the 2nd ability of Gideon 2. Now the 3rd and 4th reinforcement just show a sparkle over the token. I've noticed the same when using "Foundry of the Consuls" summoning Thopter tokens. I'm sure it's the same with all "Summon X Tokens". Very nice.
  • glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    hang on, you are saying my super thopters buffed by olivia don't exist anymore????
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for all the rebalance changes. They are fair and nice towards players. I actually feel inclined to spend money in the game again.
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rewards for the avacyn event look worse on average, but I guess that was to be expected.

On a positive note, playing story mide I noticed that there was a bar showing your progresses towards already completed objectives, so it might work in the same way for the objective in the events and we won't have to count them manually anymore.
  • newbee1kenobi
    Options
    glggwp wrote:
    hang on, you are saying my super thopters buffed by olivia don't exist anymore????

they are still buffed correctly as 4 creatures ... if you have 4 cards to discard ... madness trick don't work anymore

Also prism array seems to have been reversed, now it'll only make you draw if there is a creature to disable on opponent board.

overall i like the changes tho, much less huge 1 turn combo win, and really love the faster animations
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Early indications are good!

Token animations speeded up some (could do with a tad more? Devil's Playground always plays 2 tokes slowly and 2 quickly, even if there are already some in play).

Prized Amalgam doesn't appear to be crashing anything no matter how many zombies I build over other zombies.

Very happy with Sorin's makeover.

I'll have to go somewhere else and complain about something different today.
  • MaxMagic420
    MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have a lot of criticism usually, but I give credit where it is due. Maintenance ran on time for the scheduled amount of time, maybe even a bit less, nice smooth update. Good fixes, especially the reinforcement animations. Kudos to you folk. Please keep up the good work and open ears.
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Westwale abbey and startled awake appear in the list of lootable cards in boosters too.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    tm00 wrote:
    Westwale abbey and startled awake appear in the list of lootable cards in boosters too.
    They DO? About time! Now spirit decks can get really dangerous - and fast!
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    tm00 wrote:
    Rewards for the avacyn event look worse on average, but I guess that was to be expected.

On a positive note, playing story mide I noticed that there was a bar showing your progresses towards already completed objectives, so it might work in the same way for the objective in the events and we won't have to count them manually anymore.

The progress bar for events was always there. It's just bugged so that it only works for the first time you're doing it.
  • Pestilence
    Pestilence Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thank you!
    Finally a thread that's positive and supportive of the fine people that work hard to entertain us.

I am appreciative of the fact that you listened and didn't fully nerf our beloved Kiora.

Keep up the good work and don't listen to the haters that have no idea how complicated it is too make such a complex game idea work at all. The bumps in the road have been overall minor and quickly fixed. star.pngstar.pngstar.png
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The patch looks amazing so far.

Probably some bugs are still there but honestly ALL the bugs i knew of(many) so far look fixed.
    Animation speed up is a GREAT improvement. My behold the beyond casts especially are as fast as lightning now!

Also looks like ai is casting the SoI damage and buffs cards properly now.

So far all I see is a GREAT JOB!
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mainly appreciate the Sorin buff! Prized Amalgam fixes are greatly appreciated as well!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    I mainly appreciate the Sorin buff! Prized Amalgam fixes are greatly appreciated as well!

The answer to all deck challenges is now Sorin.

My Sorin deck is insane right now. The mana bonus on the first ability means I'm gaining 2-6 mana. The creature/spell/support limit changes mean I can pick only three creatures, should I choose.

My Vampire Ally + Vampire + Vampire Knight creature loadout is fantastic. If I have two of the three, I can drop four Kor Allies on the board for 5 mana and heal and deal. I had to laugh when I dropped two of those supports back to back and dealt 48 damage, healed 8, and buffed my creatures by +32/+0 for 10 mana.

Kiora who?