any rumours on anniverary events?

13»

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    And c'mon guys, of course you can discuss rumors ... wishes .... dreams ... just don't rumor anything accurately enough. You know the brilliant plans of Demi can't possibly be guessed icon_lol.gif

If you use a team of Moonstone, Yelena, and Bagman and make a match-8, you unlock their SEXY SKINs.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    On a more serious set of predictions:

If the anniversary is only the two "off-season" events, I predict that one of them will be a "Class of 2016" like last year's "Class of 2015" event, where the boosted characters are those released since the last anniversary. I'm aware those are all star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png , but it might not matter.

It would be nice to see a new boss-type event, but I'm not going to hold my breath given how recently Civil War just ran again. By this time year 1, there had been a Facebook poll asking which PVE event folks wanted to see rerun.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Is any anniversary event expected to happen right before or right after season XXXIV?
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Is any anniversary event expected to happen right before or right after season XXXIV?

The last two anniversary events were their own "mini-seasons", leading into the start of the next Versus season. Like the current mini-season, they have their own reward track and prizes. They've had special tokens in the past that did not pull from vaults. During year 1, the tokens had high-ish (5%?) chances for Devil Dino, at a time when XFW, IW, and Fury were the only other 4* covers in the game. (The Goddess of Thunder launched around the same time, with 20-person lightning rounds that awarded one of her covers to the top 1 person - which cover rotated through the week.) Those tokens also had small chances for big chunks of ISO or HP, both of which were unheard-of at the time. With a 50 HP daily deal and expectation value return of something like 37 HP once all the math was done, it was a pretty good deal to pull at least that one every day.

Oh, yeah - every event that week awarded double the normal amount of ISO.

Anniversary 2, last year - first, there was the incredibly hard Galactus run. Then, the tokens weren't nearly as generous, even with the 50 HP daily deal price. Then, it was supposed to be double ISO, and somebody forgot to set that flag. Between that and people not beating Galactus as regularly thanks to the incredible difficulty, it felt like less ISO was being given out.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I recall correctly, the 20-person LRs were an error, not an intended feature

No, they were definitely intended. The prize structure was based around it.
    http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... nniversary)

Here are the details on the previous two anniversaries.

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Anniversary
    http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/2nd_Anniversary

What stuck out for people immediately is the odds of getting Devil Dino went from 9.9 in the first anniversary to 3% in the second. Odds of drawing a 4* were way down, too.
    People bought HP specifically to get the 50HP daily token and just go mental...and then saw the odds and just didn't bother.
    The odds were improved, if I recall. I think they bumped DD up to 5% and 4* odds up to 0.2% each (I forget how many 4* were out at that point, so I couldn't tell you the cllectve percentage).

Also the final progression for the whole Anniversary was a 10-pack of anniversary tokens. But the second year we got a singular Legendary. Not a lot of good if you were trying to get as many DD covers as possible before having to wait another year.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:

It would be nice to see a new boss-type event.

Get ready for MODOK!!

1959787-modok.jpg
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first rule about event rumors, you don't talk about event rumors.
    The second rule about event rumors, you don't talk about event rumors.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Get ready for MODOK!!

1959787-modok.jpg

Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease....
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    If I recall correctly, the 20-person LRs were an error, not an intended feature

No, they were definitely intended. The prize structure was based around it.
    http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... nniversary)

Link goes to a dead page, but I'll happily take your word for it. If it was intended before, maybe we WILL get something similar again!
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Chipster22 wrote:
    I'm hoping it will be like Star Trek movies, where every other one is a good one.

The first was awesome, the second...not so much, third????

Except that's inverse star trek.. all the odd movies suck...