Time to deal with the next greatest threat to the game

Merrick
Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that the scourge of cupcakes has been dealt with, it is time for D3 to tackle the true scourge of the game.

You know of what I am speaking. An evil that resonates so thoroughly through the game and allows people regardless of the strength of their roster to advance and progress at a rate well beyond what they might otherwise be able to achieve.

I am of course talking of buyers clubs. People, some of whom have only played for a few days, being granted what for a normal player would be weeks worth of CPs.

Obviously this should be a huge concern. If they were worried of a small percentage of the players getting 25 CP an event, what must they think of people getting 140 CP at a time?

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    D3 doesn't like Out of Game communication when it comes to playing PVP, but they LOVE it when it comes to Buyer's Clubs! $2000 a club, for a single stark buy? They'll look the other way... it's pays the bills. 2 buy clubs per programmer per month, 2 buy clubs per month for office rent, 1 buy club for the phone system...

In all honesty, buy clubs are the only thing that seems to make the money feel somewhat worth it (I've never spent, I'm basing it on my personal feelings of value). $100 = 7 CP, no, $100 = 140 CP, ok.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Looooooollllll

Why in the world would D3 attack something that gives them lots and lots of $$$$$???? That wouldn't make any sense.

If people want to spend lots of money on the game, then by all means, go for it! We've had this discussion before. I love getting alliance CP, but I'm totally happy with someone leaving my alliance so they'll receive CP in return for the amount they spend. They deserve the extra CP. As a non-buyer, I don't.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Executive #1: One more thing. We have a major problem with MPQ.
    Executive #2: It's Friday afternoon; let's hear it. Maybe it's something we can fix quickly.
    E1: Large groups of players are getting together and conspiring to send us large sums of money in exchange for virtual goods that we can produce at zero cost.
    E2: I see. And?
    E1: That's it.
    E2: ...
    E2: You're fired. Clean out your desk.
  • that horse got of the barn so long ago its died of old age by now.

keeping others from voluntarily blowing their money now to "catch up" with the people that did it originally six+ months ago (which is the only way its possible) would be supremely unfair.

and oh yeah, d3 knew this would happen the second they added alliance cp to $20 plus purchases. cha-ching. good on them as far as im concerned. its not my money in all those stark buys.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    D3 doesn't like Out of Game communication when it comes to playing PVP, but they LOVE it when it comes to Buyer's Clubs! $2000 a club, for a single stark buy? They'll look the other way... it's pays the bills. 2 buy clubs per programmer per month, 2 buy clubs per month for office rent, 1 buy club for the phone system...

In all honesty, buy clubs are the only thing that seems to make the money feel somewhat worth it (I've never spent, I'm basing it on my personal feelings of value). $100 = 7 CP, no, $100 = 140 CP, ok.

If anything, you'd expect a combo system. Like, if you were in the alliance when I made my purchase, and you make a purchase within a few hours, the alliance gets some bonus ISO, too.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demiurge is a business. One of the main objectives of any business is to make as much money as possible.

Buy clubs will sometimes get players to spend more than they normally would. Like someone joining a Stark club and spending $100 instead of $20 on a Logan Loonies like they were planning to spend. This makes Demi more money than would get otherwise.

Conclusion: Buy clubs are good for business. Demiurge would be making a very big mistake IMO if they, for whatever reason, decided to get rid of them.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Yeah a combo system would be better. So you buy a stark salary, and your alliance gets a combination of hero points, iso, tokens, and a small bit of cp. Right now at 140cp per stark buy club is sorta insane. They said they didn't want 5* characters to be buyable. But that's what's happened. If it was maybe 20-40 cp per stark buy club, it would make it hard to buy 5* characters. The mega whales would pay whatever to get the newest 5* and will continue to do so no matter the cost. But other's wouldn't be able to buy a usable 5* character with less than $1000.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Some day, some happy day, this game shall be CLEANSED of all the FILTH, all the COLLUSION, all the IMPURITIES, and RNGsus shall smile down upon we noble few who have truly played the way it was MEANT to be played, spending not a DIME and speaking not a WORD to our fellow gamer, for these are the ways of IMpurity that do SULLY the One True Way of enjoying this, the sacred Puzzle Quest of MARVEL. Amen.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    316?cb=20140302214907
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I personally feel it is better to cater a mobile economy around thousands of people that will pay a few bucks, the devs of this particular game are all about the few players that will pay thousands. Don't hold your breath on them doing anything to buy clubs. It ain't gonna happen.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man what a sad life, resenting everything and everybody who is above one's station and lobbying to bring everybody down to one's own level of misery (or preferibly, below). Bitterness, envy and smallness of heart, now those are real "scourges".

Also, to reference the title, who or what is exactly being "threatened" according to you (other than your own sense of validation?)
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I thought this thread was going to be comical.

And then I realised OP was serious....!
    an evil that resonates....
    I am of course talking of buyers clubs

Drop me out mate, try starting a petition
  • Hate to remind the OP...

Buy a Stark.. generate 140 CP.
    Whether it's on your account or spread across 20 alliance members.

Only way to stop that is remove all alliances.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Be careful what you ask for...

Why do people not consider the unintended consequences?

Right now, a when can be a part of a smaller or mid tier alliance, and go out for a buy whenever. There are very large whales spread among many many T50 alliances.

You enact a change to give considerably more benefits to the alliance as a whole, you will solidify the most frequent buy clubs into permanent alliances. The whales will concentrate even more into just a few alliances.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    They may have already fixed this to some extent.
    Take away a large group of players means to keep the game entertaining and work together to achieve a common 1300+ goal, very possible some of these players will lose interest in spending money on this game.
    Whether or not it was intended gameplay, ccs kept a lot of people invested in the game and motivated to score high, more money spent on shields, more trips to buy clubs. It will be interesting to see what effect this has.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    aMddpb0.gif
  • gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Be thankful for the people who pay for this game, of it werent for them we all wouldnt playing right now.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    This is another thread about being salty about the loss of cupcakes, isn't it?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    64688134.jpg
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Second page and no one has come out in support of OP.

How out there mist you be if you can't get support for a nut ball position from the Internet icon_e_smile.gif