Level 7 - but only 15 CP?

2»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    what an awesome way to roll this out.
    Hey, cl8 to 10 may or may not have the usual 25 cp, it may even have more, but we're not telling you that.
    We're also not telling you when it's coming.

Meanwhile, enjoy playing for fewer rewards against the same MMR!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remember, please: SCL 7 is Rank 32, i.e. 3* players. 15 CP sounds adequate to that level. In exchange, they greatly improved the amount of of 2* and 3* cover rewards in PVP, Shield and Season, which is what those players need the most. Yes, it's annoying that for the time being we, 4* players are in the same category, but tht's an entirely different issue. Everything will be fine once SCL 8-10 rolls in.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Remember, please: SCL 7 is Rank 32, i.e. 3* players. 15 CP sounds adequate to that level. In exchange, they greatly improved the amount of of 2* and 3* cover rewards in PVP, Shield and Season, which is what those players need the most. Yes, it's annoying that for the time being we, 4* players are in the same category, but tht's an entirely different issue. Everything will be fine once SCL 8-10 rolls in.

Um, if what you are saying is true, and SCL 8 comes out for PVP and awards 25 CP, would SCL 8 for PVE come out and award ....30+ CP? icon_eek.gif
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:

Really, is anyone seriously expecting lower cl players to hit 1.2k in pvp?
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    KDN is here and KDN WILL NOT APPROVE THIS 15 CPs... MAKE IT BACK TO 25 CP please. ASAP. This PVP is okay to let go but next one you have to fix this....
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Well, so we will not have a plus of cp in pve´s. Many posts demand, that 7 day pve´s with 25 cp to a single pvp with 25 cp´s is not fair. So D3 solved this by lowering pvp-rewards. Sad thing, for pve- AND pvp-players.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    8% less effort (1200 down from 1300)
    40% less reward
    Perfectly reasonable, eh? I wonder, how many posts have been locked/deleted over the past24h?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Well, so we will not have a plus of cp in pve´s. Many posts demand, that 7 day pve´s with 25 cp to a single pvp with 25 cp´s is not fair. So D3 solved this by lowering pvp-rewards. Sad thing, for pve- AND pvp-players.
    Most PvE comparisons are actually between a seven day PvE compared to a fourday and a threeday PvE. I don't haven't seen many comparisons between PvE and PvP.
    *shrug* Hi-Fi said he'll look into it. I hope it's just that whoever copypasted the PvE clearance level reward structure missed that they split up the PvE CP and put in 15 CP in PvP by mistake...
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Pylgrim wrote:

Dont understand why it is adaequat to that level. 3* player to reach progression in pvp is one nearly impossible thing and 3*players need 4*covers urgent to get punish... uhm progress to 4* land. The wall in front of 3* players is higher now.

What we see is another statistic trick. More people will climp to progression, because its lowered, but overall not more cp will handed out. Its the same with higher iso-sell-rates for champions and the lowered droprates in pvp for 2*s and with pve-progression 4*s but lesser heroictokens (4*chances). Every new feature has a nerf on the other side.
  • MrCrowley
    MrCrowley Posts: 81 Match Maker
    If MM is the same regardless of the SCL, then I dont see the point of the whole SCL in the first place. Once you stop needing 3s, you will always go for max SCL to get the best possible progress rewards. Placement rewards are not worth much.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just going to be a little more moderate in my response, even though I feel the same blistering anger than many more feel.

First, assuming that this is just another error/miscommunication on behalf of Demiurge: Let's not burn them in effigy just yet. They very recently split up the way the 25 CP comes in in Story events. This looks very similar, only the remaining 10 CP were forgotten. A sloppy mistake, but (and I'll allow myself a little anger here) we've come to expect that kind of sloppiness by now, haven't we? When was the last time you can recall anything being rolled out without a hitch? (New characters don't count.)

Second, assuming that this is deliberate: Let's burn them in effigy! It wasn't enough that you had to scuttle a way to counter any number of persistent problems with Versus, now you make that effort worth less? 15 CP doesn't even get you a classic pull! Once upon a time, I decided that Versus was a much better deal than Story and I spent a whole lotta time and effort building a team that eventually made it to t10. The primary motivation was that the time-to-reward ratio was much greater that route. Since then, the gap has been closed significantly (that's good!) but if this is a permanent change, the pendulum will most definitely swing the other way around (that's bad!).
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I were a betting man, I'd guess they wanted to reduce the total season CP to 15 because of the short season and accidentally reduced it for the first event as well. While their track record for trying to fix things is improving greatly, their record of implementation is more spotty. Hopefully it's corrected by the next event...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Dont understand why it is adaequat to that level. 3* player to reach progression in pvp is one nearly impossible thing and 3*players need 4*covers urgent to get punish... uhm progress to 4* land. The wall in front of 3* players is higher now.

What we see is another statistic trick. More people will climp to progression, because its lowered, but overall not more cp will handed out. Its the same with higher iso-sell-rates for champions and the lowered droprates in pvp for 2*s and with pve-progression 4*s but lesser heroictokens (4*chances). Every new feature has a nerf on the other side.

I said that 15 CP is an adequate maximum progression reward for a Rank 32 and so player, not that 15 CP is a good reward for 1200 points. Here's the heart of the issue: because MMR is unchanged, even if people of lower ranks only compete for placement against people in their own CL, they still se and are seen by everybody their MMR normally allows. So I agree, a transitioning 3*-4* in a cupcake-less world cannot reach 1200, let alone players in lower CLs. I think that's going to require some trial, error and measuring, but I expect that once the dust has settled, the maximum progression rewards will be adjusted to something like this:

SCL2: Max. progression reward at 300
    SCL3: Max. progression reward at 400
    SCL4: Max. progression reward at 550
    SCL5: Max. progression reward at 700
    SCL6: Max. progression reward at 850
    SCL7: Max. progression reward at 1000
    SCL8: Max. progression reward at 1200
    SCL9-10: ???

EDIT: nevertheless, they have changed Season and PVP SCL7 max prog to 25 CP. Everybody rejoice!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I said that 15 CP is an adequate maximum progression reward for a Rank 32 and so player
    But that means absolutely nothing as long as rank 70 players are forced to play as rank 32 players.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I don't know what you guys are seeing, but my progression rewards show 25 cp for 1200 points in fist bump and 25 cp for 4000 in the season. Did you join the event or are you just browsing? I'm playing on mobile.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I said that 15 CP is an adequate maximum progression reward for a Rank 32 and so player
    But that means absolutely nothing as long as rank 70 players are forced to play as rank 32 players.

And I think they're skating dangerously close to a scenario where the gulfs between segments of players will grow ever wider, when they should be working toward the exact opposite. Lower rewards also mean lower CLs will have fewer opportunities to catch up. Combined with likely lower overall scores in the lower CLs, it becomes increasingly difficult for transitioning players to advance.