nonnel
nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Say it ain't so!!

My fist bump PVP rewards are showing 15 CP for 1200 progression

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are multiple CP progression rewards before the final progression.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Look at versus, no there aren't
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only in PvE/Story events.

PvP just saw a 40% reduction in CP.
  • I think the message is clear here. Too many players were reaching progression and improving their rosters. Killing cupcakes, making progression harder and lowering the reward accomplishes this. This way an already slow RNG progression becomes even slower.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Unless there is a commensurate reduction in the cost of LTs, this is a steaming pile of poop.
  • BariusRad
    BariusRad Posts: 47
    edited September 2016
    I'm sure that at level 9 or 10 for PVP you'll get your 25 cp or more, but not before.
    But you can play and enjoy PVE there is sufficient level 7.
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2016
    Many of us veteran players focus mainly on PVP, and can progress without the grind of PVE because of the progression rewards. Reducing by 10 without an alternative way to gain CP or earn 5* covers is absurd. If the higher clearance levels allow 25 CP they should have waited to release these changes until those clearance levels are available. This is a huge blow to many of us. I don't mind the loss of cupcakes, don't care much for them, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I hope it's an error on their part and fixed quickly, but I somehow doubt it.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Ha, did we think progression requirements were getting reduced for free? This is demi/d3 we are talking about icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Hopefully there are a couple 5cp sprinkled in there on the climb to progression similar to what they did for PVE and they just forgot to tell us. Silly D3! We forgive you... JUST GIVE US BACK OUR TINYKITTY 25CP!
  • If you do not like this - play in PVE or buy for the money CP!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    And placement awards for most people are worse now. 4* increased from top 1 to top 5, but 3* dropped from top 100 to top 50...

Well this sucks.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    I've never even come close to hitting 1300 (or 1200, for that matter), so it's a moot point for me, but for those who can and do make it that far, yeah, this sucks. It would be nice if they stuck 10 CP in somewhere lower on the ladder. For instance, remove the stockpile at 100 completely, place 10 CP at the 500 mark and then move everything else down accordingly (750 ISO at 400, 25 HP at 300, etc.)
  • BariusRad wrote:
    buy for the money CP!

Why would we reward D3 for taking things from us?
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    BariusRad wrote:
    If you do not like this - play in PVE or buy for the money CP!

This clearly doesn't affect you.

I am free to play because I cannot afford to buy (I probably would if I could), and I do not play PVE because I have a family and don't want to have my phone in my hand 18 hours a day. Would like to watch my kids grow up.

This would change the trajectory of growth for a player like me (and would probably ultimately end in me quitting), so I find your opinion completely invalid and uneducated, with all due respect.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    "1300 Progression Score - Reduced to 1200"

Never said they would reduce 25 CP to 15 CP.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    looks like season progression is nerfed to 15CP also.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    I think the message is clear here. Too many players were reaching progression and improving their rosters. Killing cupcakes, making progression harder and lowering the reward accomplishes this. This way an already slow RNG progression becomes even slower.

I'm willing to bet that 25 CP for 1200 progression is still in pvp but we just don't have access to it yet.
    Hopefully CL 8, CL9 and CL10 launch VERY SOON so we can get our lovely 25 CP reward back.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the message is clear here. Too many players were reaching progression and improving their rosters. Killing cupcakes, making progression harder and lowering the reward accomplishes this. This way an already slow RNG progression becomes even slower.

True, they need more to buy ($$) their progression.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    BariusRad wrote:

This clearly doesn't affect you.

I am free to play because I cannot afford to buy (I probably would if I could), and I do not play PVE because I have a family and don't want to have my phone in my hand 18 hours a day. Would like to watch my kids grow up.

This would change the trajectory of growth for a player like me (and would probably ultimately end in me quitting), so I find your opinion completely invalid and uneducated, with all due respect.

Barius is confused about PvP however the pve suggestion is a good one. You should give pve a fresh look. You can hit max progression playing a few matches throughout the sub being opened. And the initial scaling of the first few clears isn't too bad. You won't place for poop but should get max progression which is a chunk of cp.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    BariusRad wrote:

I can't even.........