Omg fix 4* Cyclops

2»

Comments

• CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I teamed HBIM up with X-Force Wolvie and Iron Fist. It tears through pretty quick. Use IF to pray some black tiles (probably stunning yourself for a few due to Jean, but it's survivable). Surgical Strike Jean out, Repeat on Prof. X next. Cyclops crumbles like a delicious Oreo without them.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    I only have the one red cover for IMHB through the progression from the event. I think my first clear I was able to get through with my 2/4/2 Luke Cage boosted to Level 200 and my Level 169 3/5/5 Iron Fist. I was starting to run out of health packs, so I think the second time instead of using Cage I used my 4/2/4 Beast boosted to Level 203 with IF. For the third clear I think I swapped out Beast with my 5/5/3 Level 173 3* Daken. My final clear I had to resort to my 3/5/5 Level 167 Quicksilver and 4/4/5 Level 137 2* Hawkeye.

My first couple clears I concentrated on Professor X first, but then switched to taking on Teen Jean first as I had gotten hammered by her AOE a few times.

The node currently sits at Level 227 Cyclops and Teen Jean and Level 228 Professor X. I tried for a 5th clear several times with each of these teams, but I think the best I managed was taking down one or two of the three. I'm not sure I'll be able to get a 5th or 6th clear under my belt or not.

EDIT: Actually I think on my third clear I used Beast and 3* Daken, not 3* Daken and IF. IF was down and I needed a purple user to replace him for my rainbow coverage, which was Daken. And that was the only drawback to using Quicksilver and Hawkeye, no yellow coverage.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I didn't have too much trouble. Iron Fist and Drax pulled me through. Focus cyclops, get purple, get black, turn it into red for swipe, one shot professor X.

Rinse repeat kill Jean.

Rinse repeat kill Scott.

Ez pz
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Figure15 wrote:
    If the yellow stacked it would definitely be hit with the nerf stick. Image with 2 yellow out you get 6 red for 1 teamup match.

I would switch to 5 yellow covers and get 8 red per match icon_cool.gif

IMHB, Hood and Rulk worked pretty well, but if my IMHB had been under covered, I can see how that would have been a pain. Even champed a few matches went long enough to end with Hood yellow.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    cardoor wrote:
    Figure15 wrote:
    If the yellow stacked it would definitely be hit with the nerf stick. Image with 2 yellow out you get 6 red for 1 teamup match.

I would switch to 5 yellow covers and get 8 red per match icon_cool.gif

I would drop 3 cd's and get 12 red per match, then if anyone dropped 4 cd's I would drop cd's infinity.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    dokiy wrote:
    That node drove me bonkers until I hit upon IF and Daken as partners. I let Daken build up strike tiles to help chip away at Jean with IF attack tile. Get enough black to fire overdrive and punch Cyclops in his stupid face. With HB strike tiles out IF does 2k damage a turn and soon Jean and Pro are down

Thanks doiky. I was gonna skip that node and the 1CP but I tried your method and it worked like magic.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I lied, it was most certainly not ez pz.

AI had it out for me, ended up getting blasted by match-5s and Cyclops blitzing me down over and over. Burned through all of my health packs and time, so I just cleared everything else.

Dropped me from first to third. They took my jean icon_e_sad.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Cyclops can flaunt that butt all he wants, but after the first showing the effect wears off.
    Seems accurate to me.

I just wanted to repost this response because it is the greatest thing anyone has ever written on this forum.