Thread for DECADENCE

Cousin Simpson
Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
We are among friends, so please share your most deliberately shameful, morally indefensible decisions, like the time I matched away a Tommy Gun tile that was at 1 by placing an "I Got a Plan" teamup next to it.

Comments

• rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    This one time a bunch of us were at a party and.....oh wait, you mean MPQ related don't you......
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you mean things like using a certain unpopular character to increase Ghost Riders Hellfire cd tile? Or the the other day when I used GR Hellfire tile to make a crit5 against Teen Jean? You mean moves like those?
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Using IM40 and LCap:

1) Charge to 30 red AP
    2) Throw shield (19 red AP left)
    3) Throw 2nd shield (8 red AP left)
    4) Place shield next to two other reds (11 red AP)
    5) Throw 3rd shield

I do this all the time. Sometimes on what I think is the last wave of a wave node.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to use LCap's yellow to make a couple of yellow match-3s. Most inefficient yellow battery ever.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    You say decadence and all I can think of is:

0242826_480x360.jpg

Stupid Guilty Pleasures TV show.

In the game, I do from time to time fire off an overdrive to generate red to kill even low level caltrop loving ninjas. I want to make sure those bleeps stay dead.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    In DDQ I sometimes purposely set up match 4s for my opponent in a color I need so I can steal it away with obw next turn and still gain 3 ap with my turn.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Orion wrote:
    I used to use LCap's yellow to make a couple of yellow match-3s. Most inefficient yellow battery ever.

I do that!

I use my 5*'s to clear the trivial nodes so that my useable characters don't need healing.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll deliberately leave match 5s out there for the AI to trigger Jean Grey, even if it's a color I use.

Then I munch on a gold-leaf-and-saffron cookie while my men-at-arms quell the peasants massing outside my manor, and discuss the plight of the merchant class with a group of my peers.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:

I do that quite often as well. In fact, I once actually used yellow for shield to protect against dead ninja punches, and it felt weird to use it as an actual shield instead of a yellow battery.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started leveling up Devil Dinosaur to champion him for the anniversary week at the expense of championing my actually-useful 3* characters (at the time I started, only Nick Fury & Sam Wilson had more than 6 covers among my 4*'s). Sure, the iso influx from the rank system pretty much let me catch up to where I should have been without any problem, but I had no idea that would happen when I made the decision...
  • Cousin Simpson
    edited September 2016
    Do you mean things like using a certain unpopular character to increase Ghost Riders Hellfire cd tile? Or the the other day when I used GR Hellfire tile to make a crit5 against Teen Jean? You mean moves like those?

More like the second. It's basically using a good-to-great ability to do something as boring as making a match-3! It's the MPQ equivalent of lighting cigars with $100 bills.
  • Cousin Simpson
    I myself am ever forthright and morally pure.

I don't believe you! Surely within the deepest recesses of a MAX PLAYER like yourself hides utter dissolution and squalor! icon_twisted.gif
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using a 30 AP Repulsor Punch to take out the last opponent when simple match damage would do.
    Using A little off the Top 3 times in a row vs an opponent with less than 100 health, even though another red power would wipe them out (or just match damage).
    Why use one power to win, when you could chain together 5 plus a match 5 first.
    Allthese and more I do for utter decadence over the peasants.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    For me it's using 3* Bullseye in wave nodes. Always maneuvering so he makes the final kill. Bam! Spam. Covering the board with so many attack tiles that there is no place for any ninja shenanigans. It's soooo decadent. icon_twisted.gif
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    When down to the last non-mover goon (pick your favorite Maggia), delaying victory by trivial matches to let Scarlet Witch's Arcane Incantation countdown go off so you have enough AP for Reality Crush.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Decadence used to be the norm before the true healing change. You'd use OBW to prolong matches forever, stealing and healing till everyone was at full health before dealing the final blow.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    HaywireII wrote:
    I use my 5*'s to clear the trivial nodes so that my useable characters don't need healing.

Yes! I do this, too! Bolt, IM46, and Natasha pick all the trivial bones clean! I use Surfer and a strike tile generator a lot to save on health packs on the hard nodes.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:

Yes! I do this, too! Bolt, IM46, and Natasha pick all the trivial bones clean! I use Surfer and a strike tile generator a lot to save on health packs on the hard nodes.
    I go OML, Phoenix and Iron Fist for the trivial. Nice and easy.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    If Rulk can end a match with 9 green but I have the purple to boost it to 18... it just feels like a bigger grasshopper on the windshield.
  • Cousin Simpson
    I am surprised and yet deeply heartened to know that so many people don't understand decadence! There may be hope for this world yet! (Not really.)