Fix the game lag issue before new character release!

2»

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aside from loading the game up at the start, my black screens seem to last about 5 seconds each time they come up. iOS here.

That doesn't seem like a long delay, but as often as the app takes you to a transition, it adds up. Using a stop watch online to time black screen while playing a match:

Boot up the App after force closing it:
    41.4 seconds

Enter Hearts of Darkeness sub:
    4 seconds

Oops opened up main sub, get out, click on Spirits of Vengeance:
    7.5 seconds

Choose loaner node, click Start!:
    6 seconds

Choose the loaners, Fight!:
    1.4 second

Choose Team Ups, Fight!:
    6.5 seconds

Skip dialogue:
    6.4 seconds then board loads.

Can start moving tiles now. 20.3 seconds of additional black screen between choosing the node and starting to move tiles.

Fight ends, Victory, skip dialogue:
    6.7 seconds

Claim prizes:
    6.7 seconds

Back to the sub to choose the next fight.

Total additional Black screen from choosing a node to fight, to back to sub screen to choose another node: 33.7 seconds.

10 nodes = 5.6 minutes additional time for one clear (assuming you treat the loaner the same as the other nodes)
    4 clears = 22.5 minutes additional time for getting the timers started (placement impacted by 22.5 minutes later at hitting max points compared to non-lag players and points lost by 22.5 minutes of less point regeneration).
    2 additional clears near the end to get green checks = 33.6 minutes.
    1 additional clear to get nodes to 1 point = 39.3 minutes of additional black screen for 1 24 hour sub. Placement impacted by loss of points regeneration, and clearing significantly slower than non-lag players.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I'm on iOS, and find all these 5-10 second delays infuriating. Any minor navigation in the game, like starting a match or checking a leaderboard and going back to a menu, now eats up an extra 30 seconds. A 2-hour PVE clear now has an extra half hour tacked on staring at black screens. That's 25% more time, doing literally nothing.

I really hope this gets cleared up in the next patch.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I'm on Android so this lag doesn't affect me, but as someone that has done the math on PvE timing for competitive placement this is total ****. Anyone experiencing lag issues on the scale being reported is not just handicapped by it, but literally cannot win a PvE release event. This really needs to be resolved.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I'm on Android so this lag doesn't affect me, but as someone that has done the math on PvE timing for competitive placement this is total tinykitty. Anyone experiencing lag issues on the scale being reported is not just handicapped by it, but literally cannot win a PvE release event. This really needs to be resolved.

This is not strictly an IOS issue. I'm on android, and i'm seeing the lag(black screens between every screen transition).