MPQ At Marvel.com: Luke Cage Is Fully-Charged!

2»

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bohemond wrote:
    "My team up when testing Luke Cage was Jessica Jones and Iron Fist."

I assume they mean Jessica Drew (based on the power name). If not, we just got another character reveal.
    Funny thing about that: Alias, the series in which Jessica Jones was introduced, was originally pitched as a Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman series. Marvel felt a bit uncomfortable associating an established character, even a B- or C-lister, with some of the adult content of the series, so it was rewritten as a new character.

What would really bring this full circle is if the basic power design for Spider-Woman was originally pitched to Marvel as one for Jessica Jones, but they asked it to be Drew instead.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Bohemond wrote:

I assume they mean Jessica Drew (based on the power name). If not, we just got another character reveal.

My bad, I was so in the netflix shows that it was a slip up. I meant Jessica Drew.

icon_greengoblin.png Cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Bohemond wrote:

My bad, I was so in the netflix shows that it was a slip up. I meant Jessica Drew.

When will we get his full stats?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Disappointed that LUKE was not a 5*.

Oh, well. I guess there's always hope for a 5* Panther, in a year or something.........
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    dider152 wrote:
    Boo, another variant. When I started playing this game I thought there would be new characters released all the time, not just variants. It's too late to just leave now, but it's very disheartening that you guys just lack creativity.

This isn't about creativity. It almost never is. This is about Marvel having a TV show to push and wanting the character front and center because of it. Same reason we'll be getting Doctor Strange in a month or two.

Careful, I have just been issued a warning and had a post deleted for being unconstructive, trolling/flaming for stating the complete opposite of this and defending the new character selection.

In light of this warning I would like to say I can't wait for this new release and am excited to earn the chance at winning covers for this latest edition of a much loved character.

Demiurge and D3 forever.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    If you haven't checked it out, the current comic series with Luke and Danny is really good. It's super fun and the art is great.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Underwhelmed....where is Medusa ?
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Thanos wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Bohemond wrote:

When will we get his full stats?

I put the stats up now in the character thread.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    I want that Luke Cage to hug me.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The one thing I hate about variants is that we are blocked from using their other * tier in PVE. I use Luke Cage a lot for difficult nodes but now they will randomly throw in 4* Cage and I'll need to find a new team. The last Gauntlet node with BB, Peggy and XFD is a perfect example, they randomly threw in XFD just so we could not use 3* DP for whales.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    maybe i'm not getting the pun, but what does Luke Cage have to do with "fully charged"?
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    chamber44 wrote:
    maybe i'm not getting the pun, but what does Luke Cage have to do with "fully charged"?

Power man.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    chamber44 wrote:

His original comic/name was Power Man.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The one thing I hate about variants is that we are blocked from using their other * tier in PVE. I use Luke Cage a lot for difficult nodes but now they will randomly throw in 4* Cage and I'll need to find a new team. The last Gauntlet node with BB, Peggy and XFD is a perfect example, they randomly threw in XFD just so we could not use 3* DP for whales.
    Considering they have used Deadpool in the last node in many Gauntlets I don't Think "randomly" is the right Word there...
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Considering they have used Deadpool in the last node in many Gauntlets I don't Think "randomly" is the right Word there...

Yeah, they did that on purpose, not just for the whales, but because it basically makes for a really hard node. Nearly anyone else on that team, and you attack Peggy first to lower your AP costs, but with 4* Deadpool not only do you have to target him first, but you can't use AoE powers either without facing a lot of damage in return. All of which allows Black Bolt to build up AP for his scream.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:

Yeah, they did that on purpose, not just for the whales, but because it basically makes for a really hard node. Nearly anyone else on that team, and you attack Peggy first to lower your AP costs, but with 4* Deadpool not only do you have to target him first, but you can't use AoE powers either without facing a lot of damage in return. All of which allows Black Bolt to build up AP for his scream.

Or just stun Peggy and then wipe out Deadpool.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    No more variants lol! I understand new show, and comic, but the fact that it seems like their are more variants being released then actual new characters, granted I know that isn't the case but still. On a lighter note it is Luke Cage who I love out of the Marvel Knight and Hell's Kitchen area of the marvelverse. Been waiting for Jessica Jones and Hellcat (Patsy Walker) to be introduced into this game as well. Hopefully during anniversary there is some Halloweenish characters with that supernatural feel introduced from Hell's Kitchen. Also since Ghost Rider is now a part of the MCU with agents of Shield maybe we will get a continuation story with Mephisto when we left off on Cho's story last year. Just the variant thing is starting to get old.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Or just stun Peggy and then wipe out Deadpool.

I keep forgetting about that since I don't have a single blue cover for Iceman.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was surprised to see "Power Man" as a 4* character. We've already got Luke Cage. He's pretty awesome on both offense and defense. I didn't think the character was popular enough to warrant a retro-slide.

But, OK. Sure. Let's go back to that era and make him awesome with Iron Fist. Iconic comic fair. I'm guessing a red/yellow/blue so he rainbows his best bud...

Eh, almost. Same colors as 3*, but he's got fortification and monkeys with special tiles on both sides. I can envision the potential. Then I check the art...

Whut?
    If you're gonna go retro, at least represent the character! I was expecting a 'fro and chain belt. This Cage is modern Cage with cel-shading and a slightly different shirt.