MPQ At Marvel.com: Luke Cage Is Fully-Charged!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey there!

It's that time again, where we point you at an awesome Marvel Puzzle Quest interview at Marvel.com. Today, D3 Go!'s Josh Austin provides first details and screenshots for the game's newest 4-Star character - Luke Cage (Power Man)!

You can READ IT HERE.

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: LUKE CAGE
Quote:
"Marvel.com: Luke Cage is one of my favorite characters in 'Puzzle Quest.' He fits into almost any team comp just for his passive defense tile generation. Why’d he need an upgrade?

Josh Austin: With the excitement of the upcoming 'Marvel’s Luke Cage' series [on Netflix], the addition of a new and stronger Luke Cage is an awesome way to celebrate the show and this 4-Star variation brings a ton more defensive options to the table!
"

Comments

• Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Looking forward to using him in a loaner node and then having him covered maybe by March!
    I do love Luke Cage.
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    I mean....I honestly was hoping against all odds it was Misty Knight. The variants are getting stale honesty and you could have introduce Misty Knight for Luke Cage tie-in the same way you introduced Kingpin for Daredevil tie-in. icon_neutral.gificon_neutral.gificon_neutral.gificon_neutral.gif
  • Bohemond
    Bohemond Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    "My team up when testing Luke Cage was Jessica Jones and Iron Fist."

I assume they mean Jessica Drew (based on the power name). If not, we just got another character reveal.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2016
    Anyone else do a double take reading that article where they said they were testing him out with Jessica Jones and Iron Fist?

I was like What?!?! And then he said "Seeking Redemption" which is Jessica Drew's power.

I wonder if he's a reverse Carnage where he'll spawn a shield every time a goon creates a countdown tile.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    They suggested teaming up Luke Cage with Nova. Except Nova and Luke Cage have the exact same colors combos. I wonder though, if you fortify a black strike tile, what happens when Nova uses his black to remove it?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are we sure he isn't great when paired with star-lord too?

Also, marvel.com is getting very ambitious, suggesting 5* pairings. I hope some newbie doesn't read that advice, start the game, then then give up on dismay when realize it will take them 6 months to build a roster than can even think about earning enough LTs and CP to get a usable 5* (or a 4.5 thousand bucks spent in buy clubs)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wobby wrote:
    Looking forward to using him in a loaner node and then having him covered maybe by March!
    I do love Luke Cage.

Well, this is 4* #39....maybe they'll start doing DDQ (3*'s were daily well before they hit their final forty!) and you can cover it maybe by January!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Sweet Christmas, that is some damn-fine artwork. I haven't picked up that very acclaimed PMan/IFist series yet, but really like Cage's new duds.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    It looks like this release PvE will be happening prior to the fix for the lag that's making competitive play functionally impossible for some users.

Is there any possibility of a re-run of his release PvE after R110 is released (or whenever the lag is fixed)?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    They suggested teaming up Luke Cage with Nova. Except Nova and Luke Cage have the exact same colors combos. I wonder though, if you fortify a black strike tile, what happens when Nova uses his black to remove it?
    It should work like Kingpin's black when the countdown is fortified, converting it to normal and leaving a fortified basic tile.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know who that guy as this is the Power Man I am familiar with

3736605-8122357351-luke.c.jpeg
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    yawn... another variant, who looks like coach from left 4 dead 2.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    My team up when testing Luke Cage was Jessica Jones...

Oops? I've said too much.
  • cmgc
    cmgc Posts: 12
    Really great job on the artwork! Personally, been a little disappointed in some of the newer releases.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Great another retread character. Just what we all wanted. Hmmm, wonder what the top 5 characters were that people voted on that we'll never see?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I don't know who that guy as this is the Power Man I am familiar with

3736605-8122357351-luke.c.jpeg

I should have known better, but I actually expected them to go this route with Genndy Tartakovsky's long awaited Cage mini finally seeing the light of day.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    yawn... another variant, who looks like coach from left 4 dead 2.
    I find a hotdog stand in this place I'm gonna be a one-man hotdog apocalypse! icon_lol.gif
  • Boo, another variant. When I started playing this game I thought there would be new characters released all the time, not just variants. It's too late to just leave now, but it's very disheartening that you guys just lack creativity.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least they didn't stick with the lazy path
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    dider152 wrote:
    Boo, another variant. When I started playing this game I thought there would be new characters released all the time, not just variants. It's too late to just leave now, but it's very disheartening that you guys just lack creativity.

This isn't about creativity. It almost never is. This is about Marvel having a TV show to push and wanting the character front and center because of it. Same reason we'll be getting Doctor Strange in a month or two.