Here, have a small rant.

Options
Yvendros
Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I like Breakneck Rider. Good cost, good indirect removal, fullfills werewolf objectives.

He usually does me good. Then along comes a Runaway Carriage (or Avacyn just now), and there goes my whole team.

Irksome.

Comments

• glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    where is the rant?
  • Yvendros
    Options
    it's a small one. maybe more of a small annoyance.
  • newbee1kenobi
    Options
    well for breackneck's defense .. the avacyn would have killed you whole team even without berserk.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One time I bounced(gone missing) it myself to avoid the berserk.
    Another time I replace him with himself(untrasformed) for the same reason.

Yes it overall annoying to face an rc when you have it in play but there are solutions icon_e_wink.gif
  • Mangus 73
    Mangus 73 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree, rc is in almost every event deck and the whole game at the moment seems to revolve around it. Sick looking at it.
  • Yvendros
    Options
    Oh, i usually find ways to answer the situation. and i don't mind as much in events. but when i'm farming in QB, it's just a waste of time...
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Every time I see RC it's clear the player feels the need to exploit the heck out of that card before it's nerfed... instead of, you know, attempting to design a good deck instead.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    Every time I see RC it's clear the player feels the need to exploit the heck out of that card before it's nerfed... instead of, you know, attempting to design a good deck instead.

An RC deck is a good deck.

It has few weaknesses and the space to stock tons of answers.

But it's telling how outclassed it really is by looking at the platinum tier games. It almost never appears anymore in the current meta.

What made it so bad was unleashing it on a population that didn't have the answers. Mono red were dead. Anyone without their respective color's mass removal were dead. It being an uncommon ensured more people had access to the card than the people who held the answers.

RC does exactly what it says on the tin. There's no exploitation here.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    What made it so bad was unleashing it on a population that didn't have the answers. Mono red were dead.
    Skyraker Giant disagrees.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    What made it so bad was unleashing it on a population that didn't have the answers. Mono red were dead.

Is Skyraker Giant good? Life outside of Platinum Tier must look very different if it is.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Pqmtg- wrote:

Is Skyraker Giant good? Life outside of Platinum Tier must look very different if it is.
    Skyraker Giant was a mono red answer to RC that most of the population would have access to. Is it good overall? No. I was merely throwing cold water on a blanket statement about mono red being screwed with RC.
  • Chavez303
    Chavez303 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Pqmtg- wrote:

Skyraker Giant was a mono red answer to RC that most of the population would have access to. Is it good overall? No. I was merely throwing cold water on a blanket statement about mono red being screwed with RC.

manared.png
    Cobblebrute
    Hulking Devil
    Ondu Champion
    Resolute Blademaster
    Skyraker Giant
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    whitecrit.png
    True Faith Censer
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:

Skywalker giant is hard countered by the rogue passage in every self respecting RC deck.
  • Chavez303
    Chavez303 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    Pqmtg- wrote:

Skywalker giant is hard countered by the rogue passage in every self respecting RC deck.

And there are plenty of easy support removals.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    Pqmtg- wrote:

demolish icon_e_smile.gif
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Honestly running Skyraker Giant in Platinum to counter Runaway Carriage will drop your deck's power level so much that you're likely to lose more matches to non-Carriage decks than you get to win against Carriage decks from having your Skyraker being there to block Runaway Carriage assuming it isn't 1) unblockable, 2) given First Strike, and 3) grown/boosted to too big a size for Skyraker to kill.

Skyraker Giant is not a solution for Runaway Carriage in the Platinum tier.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    Pqmtg- wrote:

demolish icon_e_smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H367O_T4DU
  • Corn_Noodles
    Options
    Of course it isn't and I never suggested it was. People in the Platinum tier have better counters and the cry over RC is not coming from Platinum.
  • Netatron
    Options
    Of course it isn't and I never suggested it was. People in the Platinum tier have better counters and the cry over RC is not coming from Platinum.

I'm tired of seeing RC in platinum. It's tedious.