2 events at once?

Options
huntly
huntly Posts: 99
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Unless NoP is only one day there will be 2 active events for a day. My big question (other than if it will cause glitches) is can you join an event if you are actively in another?

Comments

• Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think the Saheeli thing is a mistake. Who knows though since nobody is communicating anything to us one way or the other.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When events were first announced some months ago, they posted a screenshot where you could see two events at once. Now it finally is happening. And why not? Except for the even larger time investment.
  • rob443
    Options
    I don't think it will happen. NoP will end on friday going right into the Saheeli challenge. Timer will count that moment as "the next day".
  • Netatron
    Options
    Interesting if we get Saheeli's event again. Will she still have the same trash deck? What happens if you earn a 2nd one of her?
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd hope that those that already have her might step aside and let those of us that were unable to get her last time have a go. I suspect though that the one ones who have her will try to deny her to others by winning her again. icon_cry.gif
  • Plastic
    Options
    Abenjes wrote:
    I'd hope that those that already have her might step aside and let those of us that were unable to get her last time have a go. I suspect though that the one ones who have her will try to deny her to others by winning her again. icon_cry.gif

You never know. icon_e_wink.gif One problem is that those with her still want to get ribbons for prizes and for their coalitions.
  • Netatron
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    Abenjes wrote:

You never know. icon_e_wink.gif One problem is that those with her still want to get ribbons for prizes and for their coalitions.

And then there are people like me who are just curious about what happens if you get 2 copies of a planeswalker, since the only dev who ever really communicates anything is on vacation.
  • Plastic
    Options
    Netatron wrote:
    Plastic wrote:
    Abenjes wrote:

And then there are people like me who are just curious about what happens if you get 2 copies of a planeswalker, since the only dev who ever really communicates anything is on vacation.

Now I want to know also! I'll be aiming for her too, thanks.
  • Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    Options
    1ax3cm.jpg
  • Mangus 73
    Mangus 73 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There was a lot of talk of people being burnt out last time this happened.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I Hope it is not some Kind of bug.
    Saheeli(I have her) is really funny to play and also strong.

Anyways i would suggest to NOT join the event until it's official it's not a bug(or until it's about to start of course) to avoid possible problems related to the possible removal of the event.
  • qwweetrtr
    qwweetrtr Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    huntly wrote:
    Unless NoP is only one day there will be 2 active events for a day. My big question (other than if it will cause glitches) is can you join an event if you are actively in another?

What do you mean? it literally says under Nodes (starts in 1 day) and under Saheeli starts in 2 days. They are NOT at once?
  • alextfish
    Options
    Unless Nodes is 24h or less, that means they'll overlap...
    But that's not really a problem, because each one only allows you a few matches at a time.

I do hope this Saheeli event isn't a 3 day marathon like the last one though.
  • Sherwood
    Options
    I guess there's no problem if they overlap only if they don't share planeswalker colors. And that could be annoying just for those players that have just a planeswalker of each color.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If I remember correctly, the last time we had the Saheeli event there was also an NoP right before it. NoP started Wednesday at noon (EST) and ended Friday at noon and the Saheeli event started at noon on Friday. The goofy timers in game aren't to be trusted.

On another note, am I the only one incredibly annoyed that it's running again? I already have her and I know I'll come off as sounding like a snob or something but they made such a big deal out of the limited time exclusive only chance to get her for a long time yada yada yada last time around and now here she is again. They are so inconsistent with the term 'exclusive' and they even said she wouldn't be available again until Kaladesh releases. I highly doubt and sincerely hope that they aren't already pushing out another large set when SoI is still riddled with bugs. My other beef is with the fact that now I need to grind out a three day long event to get as many ribbons as possible while not getting into the top ranks (so I don't deny others the chance of getting her) and basically get next to nothing as a personal reward in order to keep my coalition competitive. And no I don't have to participate in the event but I think I'm the only in my coalition that has her so all the others will be participating and I don't want to be the reason we don't get a good coalition reward. End rant.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just checked in game and Nodes now has a 23+ hour countdown and Saheeli Rai's Challenge says start in 1 day. So now I have no idea. Seems even more likely that it's a bug that they don't even know happened since none of them seem to monitor the forums or play the game.
  • huntly
    Options
    qwweetrtr wrote:
    huntly wrote:

What do you mean? it literally says under Nodes (starts in 1 day) and under Saheeli starts in 2 days. They are NOT at once?
    If NoP is 48hrs and Saheeli starts 24hrs after the start of of NoP then for 24hrs there will be 2 events to compete in "at the same time"(a synonym for "at once")
  • livingstonii
    livingstonii Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I felt like last time we had both events I didn't have enough time playing constantly to complete each node without losing out in points. one event at a time.....
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi everyone,

We hope to have some info for you later in the day today, but I can confirm that the Saheeli Rai event running again is not a mistake.

Thanks.
  • Flaricus
    Flaricus Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ya this is going to kill me this weekend.......
    Dont want to damage my coalition because of lost time, but also have a life outside of this game. I believe this rolling over through both events will burn out some people, and it may be me.......