10 health pack still not enough

BariusRad
BariusRad Posts: 47
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm new character on this forum, and I don't know there was this topic or not... But I want say that for those who have a small roster, 10 health pack not enough for pve speed timer play and not enough for pvp heavy lifting... And generally don't have enough to play normally sometimes. Sorry, but i think will be better if we'll have 15 healthP for play. I often buy them for HP, but I can not buy them every day, because it is expensive for me. Thanks.

Comments

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    If you have a small enough roster that 10 health packs isn't enough to get through a full PvE clear, then you might need to rethink whether trying so hard for PvE placement is what you should be doing right now.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have a small enough roster that 10 health packs isn't enough to get through a full PvE clear, then you might need to rethink whether trying so hard for PvE placement is what you should be doing right now.

If placement is even across all CL's then even progression will be tough for smaller rosters.

I can switch between like 6 useable teams now and I definitely remember when it was MNM, c storm, third or no node at all.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Used to be juts 5 health packs! And we were happy for'em!

And then we walked 10 miles to school, uphill, both ways! In a driving blizzard!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Save your tacos. Open them when you're in a health pack crunch.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Utilize Daken and Wolverine then you won't need health packs. The team is strong enough to handle most teams. When I first started playing I never used health packs and now I have well over a 100.

I mostly use Luke Cage now to save on match damage, team him with IF and you can stop any PvE team without taking damage.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    BariusRad wrote:
    I'm new character on this forum, and I don't know there was this topic or not... But I want say that for those who have a small roster, 10 health pack not enough for pve speed timer play and not enough for pvp heavy lifting... And generally don't have enough to play normally sometimes. Sorry, but i think will be better if we'll have 15 healthP for play. I often buy them for HP, but I can not buy them every day, because it is expensive for me. Thanks.

I suppose it would be more productive to ask you whom your go-to characters are. If we could figure out perhaps where some of your issues may be coming from directly, it may be easier to impart advice.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dninot wrote:
    Used to be juts 5 health packs! And we were happy for'em!

And then we walked 10 miles to school, uphill, both ways! In a driving blizzard!

And we used to have to shield hop to 1300 just for the 4* progression cover with an average match only being worth 25 points instead of 37.
  • Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    I have 92 characters and all 2* champed, almost all 3* champed.
    And so much characters I can use so sometimes I just think I have so much advantages than players who have smaller quantity of characters ( I want to say roster but usually wrote rooster, but I hope your rooster is OK and not smaller than mine icon_e_biggrin.gif (sorry if it is impolite)).
    So anyway when you just start it is impossible to have the same advantages as 678 days players.
    As Russians said "The slower you go, the farther you get". star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only real changes needed with health packs would be to have separate supplies for pve and pvp or for reward healthpacks to be stored separately from the regular 10.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Crowl wrote:
    The only real changes needed with health packs would be to have separate supplies for pve and pvp or for reward healthpacks to be stored separately from the regular 10.

I'd settle for a different boosted chars list each week. Spread the workload out (in theory) and create some balance that way.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:

I'd settle for a different boosted chars list each week. Spread the workload out (in theory) and create some balance that way.
    ...aren't we already getting a different list each week?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Someone should have said this already, but stop using your HP for health packs. Use it for roster slots only!
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    If we went back to 5 health backs, we'd play half as much, and have more time for other things.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    What are your usage habits? How damaged do you let charterers get before your heal them?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I first started out, I hated having a small roster, but I loved the game and was obsessed with it. So I actually started up a second game on my other phone, so that I could play that one while I waited for my characters to heal and my healthpacks to return on the first game.

But now that I have a huge roster and lots of healthpacks, I only play the first game. I haven't played the second game in years. I should probably delete it at some point. icon_idea.gif
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Crowl wrote:

So instead of 15 you 'only' want 20 health packs plus regenerating free packs even when you come with a surplus...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

So instead of 15 you 'only' want 20 health packs plus regenerating free packs even when you come with a surplus...
    That''s not a whole lot different than what we used to have before they changed the taco vaults. That served as a surplus supply.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

It is only 20 health packs if you play both sides of the game, if you focus on one or the other then it is still only 10 i.e. to get the benefit from them it would drive engagement in the game as a whole, the other suggestion would just be a nice to have thing that is less useful nowadays with the reduced amount of healthpacks in the vault.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    10 is just fine when start having 20+ characters.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Save your tacos. Open them when you're in a health pack crunch.

This was a better strategy before the reduced the number of health packs in each vault. It was hard to open 5 tokens without getting health before. Now it can often take 10-15.

10 is a fine cap for regenerating health packs in the current meta, but I would like to see the regen timer dropped to about 20 minutes or so.