Point loss in PvP - not anymore

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
Idea is simple - while playing PvP you wont be loosing points when defeated by enemy. Why? Well, lets say its difficult to reach good rewards when 2 players defeat you while you are fighting one. The amount of defeats or 600+ point ranks in unbearable and i am not talking about the fact that enemies have usually way better roster than you (few days ago i got my **** kicked by Rulk that had 40 000HP and 18k green AoE power - pretty tough opponent for someone with zero 4* maxed icon_e_biggrin.gif )
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    There should be a points loss in PVP, but they should also have a score that doesn't reduce, the first should be for deciding placement rewards and then the second should be for progression rewards so that people could grind their way to those eventually.
  • veny
    Crowl wrote:
    There should be a points loss in PVP, but they should also have a score that doesn't reduce, the first should be for deciding placement rewards and then the second should be for progression rewards so that people could grind their way to those eventually.

Hm, i must admit i like this more than my original idea icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    There shouldn't be points loss, because the loss doesn't just put you behind the one who defeated you. It puts you behind several people who had nothing to do with the battle. Having someone get ahead of you because they won is one thing, but dropping below 30 or so other players who were doing nothing is a poor design.
  • veny
    ... and now i lost 30 pts cuz my game crashed...
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    And then how would they sell shields? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lampo wrote:

People fighting for placements will still get them, most of those trying for progression still won't buy them.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lampo wrote:
    They shouldn't sell shields. The more HP you waste on shields, the fewer recruitments you buy and the fewer roster slots too.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Lampo wrote:
    They shouldn't sell shields. The more HP you waste on shields, the fewer recruitments you buy and the fewer roster slots too.

They could start to sell boosts for HP (instead for ISO) at an agreeable rate, say, 2 HP for 10 or 20 double boosts and 4 HP for 10/20 rainbow boost. With PVP becoming a slugfest now, I think people would start to buy boosts to help them win.
  • I would at least like a reduction in point loss.

I'm all up for getting rid of point loss entirely though. I sometimes log into my game after I have done a few rounds of PvP and had a night of sleep only to find that 6 people have fought me and I lost at least a 100 points. I need to at LEAST do 2 more battles to get those points back and I don't have the time or roster to do that all the time.

I don't care too much about ranking, I mainly care about the rewards since I want some good HP and a few 2* covers. The point reduction sometimes manages to get me off the progress bar for an entire day and I would have fought so much and for what? For nothing.

It also makes no sense that losing to someone takes away about 30 points while winning (when someone attacks you) gives you like, maybe 10?
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I would at least like a reduction in point loss.

I'm all up for getting rid of point loss entirely though. I sometimes log into my game after I have done a few rounds of PvP and had a night of sleep only to find that 6 people have fought me and I lost at least a 100 points. I need to at LEAST do 2 more battles to get those points back and I don't have the time or roster to do that all the time.

I don't care too much about ranking, I mainly care about the rewards since I want some good HP and a few 2* covers. The point reduction sometimes manages to get me off the progress bar for an entire day and I would have fought so much and for what? For nothing.

It also makes no sense that losing to someone takes away about 30 points while winning (when someone attacks you) gives you like, maybe 10?
    I think that's what they did with new season changes
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    If there was no point loss in PVP, then it would just be an endless grind with even less variety in enemies than PVE.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about this...

Checkpoints.

Have a checkpoint at the following scores..

That helps players at all levels, keep the scoring as it is but at least this way people can have a check mark near a progression so the climb to the progression is less stressful.

Also as there's only 3 checkpoints you'll still sell shields. This seems like the perfect compromise between what everyone wants
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    I think instead of having set check points, you should be able to establish your own whenever you shield. they can still sell their hp that way and it gives far more motivation to start earlier since you wouldn't have any negative hops. People not willing to spend on hp, well, who really cares if they can't score well. End of the day it's just a game, not like you're letting people starve.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to see point loss still happen, but it only hurts placement and not progression. Kinda like forward progress in football, progression should only count points won and not lost. I think taking away all losses would break PvP too much, it should still exist on the placement side.

Also I would love to see shields reworked so that people shielded were still attack able, they just didn't get the negative points for losses (but still get positive for wins).
  • Lampo
    I think they reduced the point loss in the last season, but now it looks that every loss takes away from 20 to 35 points again... icon_neutral.gif
  • Truffleupagus
    Truffleupagus Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Add another vote for point loss not affecting progression. As someone fairly new to the game (day 100), I'm finding it extremely discouraging trying to go for any rewards in PVP. For example, I lost 150 points overnight. I tried to reclaim them this morning but point loss wiped them out again within 20 minutes. And, of course, all my health packs got wipes out in this ordeal. I suppose I could buy more health packs but, at the rate I lose points, there's really no reason to.
  • veny
    Poll edited, i hope its clear enough... if not, tell me asap and i will change it
  • Lampo
    what about the option "lose less points"?
    If every win is 45 points and every loss is 25 points, every time I go to sleep I lose everything I built the day before...
  • veny
    Right now i am loosing 2-3 matches per one match won. With this i cant simply get over 800points... without being whale, there is no real chance how to reach max progress loot... and this idea may solve it.
  • Two scores. 1 doesn't drop, it is for progression. 2 drops as it does now, it is for ranking. A reduction in what is lost would be great. Maybe if we say it every day...