.................... Lag

tanis3303
tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
Can we get a pulse / update on where the dev team is at with this issue? I don't know about the rest of y'all, but this week has seen the least playtime from me in the last 2 years, because I can't take the loading times.

Is this something you can fix? Have you found out what's causing it? Can it be hotfixed (hopefully soon) or do we *shudder* have to live with it till R110? Any information would be appreciated, as I'm finding it a struggle to even open the app up, since I know I'll spend almost as much time staring at blank screens as I will actually playing the game...

Comments

• jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Seconded.

D3, I get that it may not be fixed this morning, or today, or this week... but this is a significant issue for a very large percentage of your player base.

Are we in the "finding" phase, or the "fixing" phase? Is there any sort of ETA? Do we have a rough idea of what's causing the issue?

I think given the magnitude, at least a daily (if not a morning/evening) update is warranted- even if the update is nothing more than "Bear with us guys, we are working on it."
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes please, already four days since the R109 and still no news icon_e_sad.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine seems to be totally gone this morning, I thought they ninja patched it. If not that maybe the iOS 10 upgrade I did last night resolved it. Either way mine is back to normal this morning.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Yes please provide an update, a response.

There was a data push last night and it reduced the lagging (Still lags but at least a little better).

With high hope that it was a hot fix that fixed the lagging issue... no... as soon as you close and re-open the game the lag comes back.

This is really painful. I can't compete effectively on PVP and in the heat of the battle a few second lag could mean losing hundreds of points.
  • jobob
    broll wrote:
    Mine seems to be totally gone this morning, I thought they ninja patched it. If not that maybe the iOS 10 upgrade I did last night resolved it. Either way mine is back to normal this morning.
    Mine also seems better this morning... although yesterday it seemed better at times too. I wonder if it is related to the amount of players online and server load.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The solution should be simple.

Take a look at whatever code is linked to Storm's tiles that make them activate quickly. apply it to every other tile type. Done! 8D
  • Bossblack
    jobob wrote:
    broll wrote:
    Mine also seems better this morning... although yesterday it seemed better at times too. I wonder if it is related to the amount of players online and server load.

Do not close and restart the game... the lag will come back.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    CS responded that it'll be R110 before it can be fixed.
  • jobob
    Well son of a **** **** ****. I went from T1 in my **** season bracket by 1800 points to being behind 200 **** points in one **** PVP because I can't **** stomach this **** lag bull ****. ****.

Thanks for the heads up Jamie... really appreciate you checking.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor

Then all changes and rebalances and clearance levels should be 100% on hold until this gets fixed. Competitive PVP play is crippled by this, and it reduces the fun factor soooo much that, like Jobob, I want to throw my phone through a window and find something better to do. Lightning rounds should be renamed via hot-fix to Molasses Rounds immediately.

App stability should be paramount and the first check when any new change comes through. If the app is not stable, then the update gets delayed until there is zero chance that user experience will be significantly diminished by new and exciting content.

I read the new R update posts and I get excited as do many, but I am not interested in sacrificing the ability to play the game just so I can get my ISO quicker.
  • Bossblack
    ZeroKarma wrote:

Then all changes and rebalances and clearance levels should be 100% on hold until this gets fixed. Competitive PVP play is crippled by this, and it reduces the fun factor soooo much that, like Jobob, I want to throw my phone through a window and find something better to do. Lightning rounds should be renamed via hot-fix to Molasses Rounds immediately.

App stability should be paramount and the first check when any new change comes through. If the app is not stable, then the update gets delayed until there is zero chance that user experience will be significantly diminished by new and exciting content.

I read the new R update posts and I get excited as do many, but I am not interested in sacrificing the ability to play the game just so I can get my ISO quicker.

Totally agree with Zero. And If I were a new player on iOS who just downloaded this game the very first time, with this lag I bet the game will be deleted within minutes. Who wants to play a game that lags so bad?
  • jobob
    Bossblack wrote:
    Totally agree with Zero. And If I were a new player on iOS who just downloaded this game the very first time, with this lag I bet the game will be deleted within minutes. Who wants to play a game that lags so bad?
    Agree 100%, and given that it hits different platforms harder than others, it has completely skewed this season's PVP.

Even resource management is SUPER frustrating. I bought a few 40 packs after SHIELD rank came out, so I have like 100 covers in my queue expiring before R110 will drop. Gods, given the lag of just opening up a character, or going to the roster screen... that is going to be such a pain.
  • jobob
    Let me also say that HOPEFULLY CS is just giving a canned response.

First, we know CS tends to say things like this, often without knowing anything about what the devs are doing.

Second, if the devs actually informed CS WITHOUT making an announcement on the forums, leaving us to find out second-hand from a freaking mod who could get more useful info out of CS than the actual red names... Well, that would be shameful.

So, for now... I'm going to hold out hope that a fix may come sooner than R110.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards

We have to wait another 10 days before we have a fix?!?!?!

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

This should be patched ASAP, I don't know any other game that releases a patch with a critical bug, and they wait ON PURPOSE for 15 days to release the fix. Incredible.

PS: Man, I just installed iOs 10 on my two year old 6 Plus runs like the wind with everything I do, then I open MPQ and I am just staring at black screens all the time. It really makes me want to quit.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor

bpcc34R8.jpg
  • Swingmonalisa
    Swingmonalisa Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    It's gotten worse and worse for me as the days went on...I avoided updating it because my alliance mates mentioned there was lag - then I was FORCED to update (iphone 6+ just updating today to iOS 10 but was at 9.3) and the game is damn near unplayable. The lightning rounds this week were garbage - I have a champed OML, so normally it takes me about 3 or 4 minutes to clear the seed teams and get to 248 points...this week the entire LR schedule it took at least 10 minutes to clear the seed teams, which made me lose out on tens of thousands of ISO in placement rewards/champ rewards for my 2*, etc. I consistently get top 50 and most times top 25 on LRs, but this week I got maybe two top 50s because there is a 5-10 lag between EVERY SINGLE MENU. I was hoping to champ my Winter Soldier this week and use the covers we got from Civil War, but don't think I'm going to make it because of this **** lag.

Pensrule2007
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The good news is that there's no way there was a winner in the "Guess what random **** gets broken in r109" pool, so the jackpot will carry over to r110...
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Just got a pop up saying R110. God damn this is going to suck for a few weeks. At least it's almost off season.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    ... iOS devices seem to be hampered.

It takes a non-zero amount of time to do a release and run it through the process to release in the apple store, and you can't sideload patches on iOS very well....

Cutting a hotfix branch is actually pretty expensive to a dev team, and I don't want SCLs 8-10 delayed, or any of the other planned work for 110.
  • jobob
    What is the release date for R110?