Event preview is up. 4* in progression rewards!

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Venom greenflag.png at 21k points!

Comments

• DFiPL
    The highlights IMO:

Punisher blackflag.png at 6k
    5 CP at 7500
    Heroic at 9k
    Punisher blackflag.png at 12k
    5 CP at 13.5k
    50 HP at 15k
    50 HP at 18k
    Venom at 21k
    event token at 27k
    15 CP at 36k
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    While I'm certainly glad there's progression awards, the placement awards still stink.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    While I'm certainly glad there's progression awards, the placement awards still stink.

I though everyone wanted to get rid of placement rewards entirely?

That being said, the placement covers "stink". The placement ISO has been more than doubled.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:

That being said, the placement covers "stink". The placement ISO has been more than doubled.

the 4 star placement was an imrovement on the already not great offerings, they've been sapped up to the top 5 exclusively, changed from 1 for top 10 2 for top 5 and 3 for #1(i think top 2), to now being

3 cover for 1 and 2 covers for top 5.

Competition also may be much higher than before as brackets won't fill as quickly, so sadly flunking out of **** awards intentionally (you can bet I won't even be taking placement cho) won't make a difference in brackets.

I guess this is RIP noob brackets., which were usually noob + thoe 4 over ambitious people with 5 star champs who grind everything to death and make you wonder why they even tanked the last few events if they were going to grind as hard anyway.
  • DFiPL
    STOPTHIS wrote:

Gonna be honest, if you ask me to choose whether progression or placement get improved, I'm going to choose progression every time. Anybody angling for top placement will get the improved progression rewards along the way, but those of us who don't finish T10 are never going to benefit from improved rewards for T10 or T20.
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Am I missing something or didn't the top progression used to be 25cp? I don't play pve much but I could have sworn it was
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Tarouza wrote:
    Am I missing something or didn't the top progression used to be 25cp? I don't play pve much but I could have sworn it was

It was, but now that progression is broken out in the progression rewards - 5cp + 5cp +15cp = 25CP. Plus the 4* Cover.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:

the 4 star placement was an imrovement on the already not great offerings, they've been sapped up to the top 5 exclusively, changed from 1 for top 10 2 for top 5 and 3 for #1(i think top 2), to now being

Competition also may be much higher than before as brackets won't fill as quickly, so sadly flunking out of **** awards intentionally (you can bet I won't even be taking placement cho) won't make a difference in brackets.

I guess this is RIP noob brackets., which were usually noob + thoe 4 over ambitious people with 5 star champs who grind everything to death and make you wonder why they even tanked the last few events if they were going to grind as hard anyway.

So basically, top 10 gets the same amount of covers, just one of the 4 stars is progression instead of placement. Top 50, same thing (one progression cover instead of the the third placement cover). 51-100 loses one cover (since that gives out tokens instead of a single cover). 101-200 stays the same, cover wise. Anyone below that probably wasn't hitting max progression in the first place.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Total CP is still at 25 just more distribution, always nice.

Now the prog ISO has almost doubled...which is a huge boost to the players. That alone makes me happy.

All in all, cl7 appears to be a net benefit for all casual players (vets included)
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Nice! There aren't enough free hours in my day to compete for anything past about top 50 so 4* in Story mode progression is awesome. I'm very happy with this.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Just like the tests before, none of it really makes much of a difference until a new character is introduced. How they handle that will determine just how much better or worse this new system really is.

At a first glance, I don't like it - but as many times as I've told myself "this could make me walk away from the game," I adapt, and most others will too. Of course, I didn't have another game taking my attention away from MPQ until recently....
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    waywreth wrote:
    Tarouza wrote:

It was, but now that progression is broken out in the progression rewards - 5cp + 5cp +15cp = 25CP. Plus the 4* Cover.

Ok thought I missed something thanks
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:

So basically, top 10 gets the same amount of covers, just one of the 4 stars is progression instead of placement. Top 50, same thing (one progression cover instead of the the third placement cover). 51-100 loses one cover (since that gives out tokens instead of a single cover). 101-200 stays the same, cover wise. Anyone below that probably wasn't hitting max progression in the first place.

It's more or less the same, the 3rd cover is actually in the next event.
    Not in the same event. 3 covers out of 13 for someone is a big deal.

2 can be gotten from top 5, and the 3rd from progression in the next event where it will be required.

So it's not horrible. Not ideal, but not horrible.

I likely won't be seeing placement rewards anytime soon, so the 1 cover per event for sure will be nice.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bit of a shame they relegated the placement rewards of a specific cover to top 50. Top 100 means a 74% chance of a random 2* in clearance 7.

I guess the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. I'm certainly not going to complain about them putting the required 4* as a progression reward, no sirree.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Why is the progression cover the same garbage character as the gauntlet progression cover???
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peej13 wrote:
    Why is the progression cover the same garbage character as the gauntlet progression cover???

Because that's how it always is. It's the schedule. Next event hb will be progression.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    The way I see it in terms of covers, everyone who reaches progression gets a 4* cover, not just the top 10, although you will be getting it only in the next event. Top 5 gets one extra cover. So a slight net increase in covers distributed overall, just via outside of placement.

I've been a top 10-20 player for a while, but I don't usually bother to fight for top 5. This change makes me even less enthusiastic to compete for top 5. Which is probably good for my long term health I suppose.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    STOPTHIS wrote:

If this is a step towards moving all value to progression and away from placement in PvE, I'm all for it.
  • DFiPL
    Peej13 wrote:

Because that's how it always is. It's the schedule. Next event hb will be progression.

I wonder if there's a way to predict which HB it'll be. I won't complain either way because all three powers can use covers, but I do wonder.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a casual PVE player that has been hitting progression for the CP and never caring about placement - this is pretty fantastic. I mean - sure, I'd like to see more....but there are more shield levels not yet seen! Could we be getting three 4*'s in progression rewards later on? Even more ISO? All of that is great, and a real quality of life change.

I have to completely ignore placement more than ever....but I've grown accustomed to that in both PVE and PVP anyway. Please - keep every major reward as progressions! If *gasp* a 5 star ever shows up as a reward - I hope it isn't as T1/2/5/10...I hope it's under progression.