Gauntlet

Dalbok
Dalbok Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just curious what other experiencing in regards to relative scaling. Not sure if scaling is directly connected to the difficulty rating (using the same/related algorithm) or not but at which Sim Node does it appear Hard (Red Difficulty Level)?

For me it was in Alpine Tactics, Sim 25. I seem to recall that in previous runs (although admittedly, it's probably been several runs of this event, since I could bear to try and get through it) I could get to the later nodes of the Global Domination Stage before I saw Hard nodes.

Just curious if everyone is experiencing the same thing.

Dalbok

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its hard no doubt. I have 20 4* champs so I had a wide roster to work from. From my perspective it got hard faster, but stayed consistent with regard to difficulty. I.e. the last node felt the same difficulty as sim 33.

just keep trying new combos.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't really paid attention to the difficulty, green-red, I just look at enemy levels. I just started the second part this morning and my first node of the second part was with lv 280(ish) enemies. So I can't wait to see what the 3rd part is going to be leveled at for me. icon_rolleyes.gif

Side note: my highest character is OML, (of course) at lv 315 with a 5/4/1 build. Second highest is HB at lv 289 with a 5/5/3 build. Have 11(maybe 12) champed 4*. All 3* champed except for 6 still at lv 124.
  • BlackWidow70
    BlackWidow70 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I don't pay a lot of attention to that; but I *think* the first "Hard" I got was node 40 and my scaling topped out on node 42 at 300/300/300
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just grateful they boosted Ant Man for the event. He's the only 4* I've got champed in the whole selection, my Cyclops is *okay* but at 5/4/2 he's not as ideal as he could be. Goot for a single nuke with some prep.

Ant Man's so much fun to use though. Gotta love doing 22k damage if you manage to get 18 purple.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just with the format made more sense when compared with other "Story" events. It's in place of a normal PVE, but not formatted in any such way. The first leg especially should be capped down, and the required-character missions should be using the 2-star featured character rather than the 3-star, using the level cap of the 2-star missions. The scaling of the first leg has never made sense to me.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    My scaling took a large jump in wilderness. Then went up 2 or 3 levels every node until the end. Ended at 343 on last node. My top 3 characters are:

286 - cMag
    280 - Black Panther
    273 - Teen Jean
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Here is what my gauntlet looks like

Wilderness survival
    Simulation 14 -
    Hulk, BW5*, IM40 - lvl 291

Alphine tactics
    Simulation 28 -
    Cage, BSS, Blade - lvl 332

Global Domination
    Simulation 42-
    XFDP, Blackbolt, Peggy - lvl 372

Highest leveled character - OML at 375
    And reached progression for the 1st time since i played gauntlet.
    Thanks to 4*cyc and antman for doing most of the tough fights.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    My highest are 3 5-stars with one cover each, and a few championed 2-stars (only one of those is boosted). Not exactly an elite roster but I did make it to #31. Then its JG and IM took away 2 of those 5-star characters, leaving me with BB (with a yellow cover, fun to play around with at lower levels with my single cover characters, but I'm not finding it particularly useful in really hard fights). The next two highest after that are 152 and 145 boosted characters. The 207-208 baddies made short work of everything I've thrown at them so far. The node says "normal" for me. Yeah, okay.
    I think this is the end of the line for me, unless I get some absurdly good luck with taco tokens or something.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    I just looked at them all, and none of them appear as "Hard". Every single one down to the end of the 3rd sub is no higher than "Normal".

The final node of the 3rd sub scaled to level 360, which was the highest level that I faced. My top two in my roster are that level or higher, 360 OML and boosted to 369 4clops. The next highest would be Cmags boosted to 292, or my next highest unboosted, rulk and 4thor at 277 each.

Compared to my roster, level 360 is fairly normal, and it was only due to how good the three characters are that made it difficult. It was the only node that I wiped to, but there were several close calls, saved by an invisible profx boosting attack tiles he created.

In full disclosure, I did do the trick of only doing the main track, none of the side tracks, to help keep my scaling as low as possible, since each victory increases the scaling overal just a bit, and the hardest node is usually the last one on the main track. Who knows if that would have hit "Hard" had I did the side tracks before trying it.
  • Natsufan01 wrote:
    In full disclosure, I did do the trick of only doing the main track, none of the side tracks, to help keep my scaling as low as possible, since each victory increases the scaling overal just a bit, and the hardest node is usually the last one on the main track. Who knows if that would have hit "Hard" had I did the side tracks before trying it.
    I don't think that's true anymore. Ever since they started the new scaling system, node starting difficulties stay fixed once you enter the event.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    mine almost exactly matched my t3 characters in the event - right at 390. t3 are 405 OML, 383 cyke, 380 antman. definitely not easy with some of the team compositions, but very doable. winfinite once. whales once. most of the rest got oml/cyke/hood. mine were labeled normal all the way to the end though. never got to hard or deadly. that was kinda weird.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I was able to run through the entire Gauntlet, nodes turned Red at Sim34 (Moon Knight, IM40, KK Level 298). I've only got 1 4* champ, 4hor, next closest is a 10 cover Thing at 209 (3/2/5). AntMan (5/0/3) was boosted to 273 also have a max covered PX at 150 (5/3/5), all 3* champed except DocOck, Rags, Sentry, Vision. I was able to get through all of the harder nodes with either winfinite, 4hor/IM40/Thing, or some combination of BP/Fist, KK/MoStorm, etc, depending on who happened to be locked out at any given node.

Did not lose very often except for the final BB/Peggy/DP (Level 321) node about 3 times before resorting to boosts, used +2 All, +2 B/P, on final node with Winfinite. I also lost on the invisibility node once, whaled it the second time out of frustration. Did have many close calls though along the way, 4hor's blue stun saved my team very often when she was near death. Had to make tough choices sacrificing some characters to prevent AI matches and using near-death characters to absorb AI nukes so the rest of the team could carry on.

Really enjoyed the event, for me, I thought the scaling was perfect and the right amount of challenge. This was the first time I've completed the Gauntlet.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    This was the first gauntlet that I was able to complete. Mainly thanks to my recently champed Cylcops after Civil War. But the last node was still given a yellow "normal" difficulty rating at simulation 42 against level 339 enemies. Still used Deadpools whales to get thru a few missions but I usually find the last sub too hard to try.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 22 3* champed 0 4* champed.

I haven't cleared all of the Gauntlet yet, but I'm inching close. I have cleared the first 2 subs and have 8 nodes left in the final (6 of those being the essentials). So far hard has not showed up. The highest level I've seen is 293, which is higher than I typically see in my PvP.

I haven't found the scaling to be too bad. The last sub has been pretty brutal, however the levels aren't as much of a problem as the character quality is much higher than I'm used to. For me that's making this tougher than levels. Really have to chose who your fighters carefully, and the kill order, and your boosts on some of these.

Right now it looks highly likely I will finish the whole thing, which will be a first. I gave up before the end of sub last time, but that was also admittedly broken scaling. I know a lot of people are less than thrilled by the Venom cover, but my 2/0/1 will be glad to have it and it's less work I will have when I finally transition into 4* land icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    First red Hard node for me was Simulation 33, five fights into Global Domination: Level 253 star.pngstar.pngstar.png Punisher and Level 254 star.pngstar.pngstar.png Magneto and Blade. Current available node is Simulation 38, Gorgon, Ant-Man and star.pngstar.pngstar.png Storm at Level 282. I figure if I manage to make it to the final node, it'll top out close to 300, maybe a touch above.

My current highest three characters are all boosted for the event: star.pngstar.pngstar.png Hulk at 250 (although I champed him after the event started, so I think he was at about 236 when the event started), star.pngstar.png Thor at 206 and star.pngstar.png Human Torch at 203. Non-boosted, my highest three are star.pngstar.pngstar.png Daken at 173, star.pngstar.pngstar.png Storm at 170 and Rocket & Groot at 169.

It does feel like the scaling is a little high to me personally, especially considering two of my three highest boosted characters are star.pngstar.png , and the event will likely end with a node 50 levels higher than my single best boosted character (64 if you account for his level when the event actually started), 100 levels above my next two best boosted, and 130 above my first non-boosted.

But then again, a gauntlet is supposed to be challenging. I do wish the progression rewards were a little better considering the challenge. I haven't used any boosts yet, although I likely will before the event ends, and I've also lost a number of fights and churned through a fair number of health packs.

The 500 ISO on a first win is pretty awesome though. I would love to clear every node for the extra ISO and XP too, but realistically will probably only be able to do that for Wilderness Survival and maybe part of Alpine Tactics, as the season for the SHIELD Simulator is coming to a close soon and I still haven't hit the 1700 mark for the star.pngstar.pngstar.png HT cover that I want.
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    My scaling never went beyond "normal". Sim 42 is 3x377. My highest 3 heroes for this event are Ant-Man (boosted to 380), OML (normal at 375), 4Cyke/Star-Lord (boosted to 369).

First Gauntlet I've ever completed without using any boosts or mega-whale points.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    First red Hard node for me was Simulation 33, five fights into Global Domination: Level 253 star.pngstar.pngstar.png Punisher and Level 254 star.pngstar.pngstar.png Magneto and Blade. Current available node is Simulation 38, Gorgon, Ant-Man and star.pngstar.pngstar.png Storm at Level 282. I figure if I manage to make it to the final node, it'll top out close to 300, maybe a touch above.

My current highest three characters are all boosted for the event: star.pngstar.pngstar.png Hulk at 250 (although I champed him after the event started, so I think he was at about 236 when the event started), star.pngstar.png Thor at 206 and star.pngstar.png Human Torch at 203. Non-boosted, my highest three are star.pngstar.pngstar.png Daken at 173, star.pngstar.pngstar.png Storm at 170 and Rocket & Groot at 169.

It does feel like the scaling is a little high to me personally, especially considering two of my three highest boosted characters are star.pngstar.png , and the event will likely end with a node 50 levels higher than my single best boosted character (64 if you account for his level when the event actually started), 100 levels above my next two best boosted, and 130 above my first non-boosted.

But then again, a gauntlet is supposed to be challenging. I do wish the progression rewards were a little better considering the challenge. I haven't used any boosts yet, although I likely will before the event ends, and I've also lost a number of fights and churned through a fair number of health packs.

The 500 ISO on a first win is pretty awesome though. I would love to clear every node for the extra ISO and XP too, but realistically will probably only be able to do that for Wilderness Survival and maybe part of Alpine Tactics, as the season for the SHIELD Simulator is coming to a close soon and I still haven't hit the 1700 mark for the star.pngstar.pngstar.png HT cover that I want.

Probably not realistic for you to finish gauntlet. The third board pretty much assumes your fully maxed in 2* and over 3/4 of the way through 3* land
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Nothing feels like hitting the elite echelon's when you receive 100 ISO for playing the thirtieth node in an event. Imagine the surprise and honour for receiving a 2* character when you hit the thirty-second event. That's when you know you're in the big leagues!
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I was actually surprised how easy this Gauntlet seemed compared to the last. I finished all nodes with a total of 3 losses, and didn't use super whales once. I primarily used these characters:

OML (level 330)
    IMHB (champed)
    Kingpin (champed)
    4hor (champed)
    Magneto (champed/boosted)

Now I'm going back through for some XP and ISO.
  • Arhiippa
    Arhiippa Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    For me the only red nodes were simulation 40,41 and 42. No essential nodes were red. My highest levels are a boosted Hulk and a few 5*s at 255 and the last node is leveled at 297.