Why so little CP in gauntlet?

2»

Comments

• zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    The rewards might not measure up if you look at the output per day when compared to other PvEs. However, every first win is a guaranteed 500 ISO! Coupled with the ridiculous scaling in the last of the three Gauntlet chapters, I'll take it any day. You don't have to replay each node to get the best reward. Even better yet, we aren't having to fight the same boring-**** Dark Avengers like we're always made to. Give me this set-up every day of the week, I love it.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Asking the important question:

Why no Alliance rewards for Gauntlet? Seems like the perfect opportunity for some Boss-event-style Alliance progression rewards.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Yes, in gauntlet you get some truly challenging nodes that will force you to exercise your roster and strategies instead of trouncing for the nth time Dark Avengers + goons with your same 3 best characters. However, for some people, this is actually another upside as well, you know?
    Like I already said, I didn't want this turning into whether or not some people prefer banging their head against the wall. All I'm saying is that the available awards per day don't measure up, even if you ignore the difference in difficulty and any other intangible pros and cons.

But the intangible pros and cons is precisely why this event exist! it's like wondering why you are not making as much money while you are taking a holiday to a tropical island (or I guess, given the nature of the event, a safari would be a more appropriate metaphor) as you make while you are working.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    xidragonxi wrote:
    Asking the important question:

Why no Alliance rewards for Gauntlet? Seems like the perfect opportunity for some Boss-event-style Alliance progression rewards.

Sounds like a fairly horrible idea, the gauntlet is generally considered a break from competitive play where alliances do not have to require participation, adding in alliance rewards would totally invalidate that and add a lot of additional overhead for alliances having to merc out far more people than usual.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    But the intangible pros and cons is precisely why this event exist! it's like wondering why you are not making as much money while you are taking a holiday to a tropical island (or I guess, given the nature of the event, a safari would be a more appropriate metaphor)
    Have you seen the end nodes? More like Naked and Afraid.

But seriously, "intangibles" aren't going to help me max a character before my queue covers expire.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gauntlet has always been abysmal for rewards. It's not just cp, it's hp, tokens and ISO too.
    It's my most disliked PVE event for this reason. Big Healthpack investment, little return.

Though they did a small upgrade with the ISO. Would still prefer the third reward to become a standard token. I need covers to rotate my 2stars!