It Finally Happened

spghttihead
spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Pulled a yellow OML for my 4/5/1. ZERO chance of maxing him in time and I gotta sell it for a measly 2k iso. Wish they had a way to deal with this crud.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    If only we could trade covers.. even Pokemon Go is implementing a trading mechanic
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Jeez 5 yellow OML covers.

What a tragedy. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    If only we could trade covers.. even Pokemon Go is implementing a trading mechanic

As if it's bad enough we have buyers clubs you want a trading club too? Or perhaps your like alliance members spoon feeder weaker ones excess covers? Essentially there would be no progress.

Cover trading is a bad idea... A very bad idea. I'd rather they implement a way to simply re roll the cover colour
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    I got black one from daily reward few days ago... i have 5/2/1 i think icon_e_biggrin.gif
    There should be load of XPs for selling 5*s...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

As if it's bad enough we have buyers clubs you want a trading club too? Or perhaps your like alliance members spoon feeder weaker ones excess covers? Essentially there would be no progress.

Cover trading is a bad idea... A very bad idea. I'd rather they implement a way to simply re roll the cover colour

While I like the idea of re-rolling, would the idea of trading work for you if it was mandated you had to trade for equal value?
    So no trading 1*s for a 4* so newbies can't get a full roster from the flotsam left by the whales as they drift by?

If I wanted a 4* cover, I've got to give up the blue Ice Man currently in my unused cover list in an even trade. I'd be down for that, tbh. I mean, I've had so many Nick Furies and Invisible Womans that I've just turned into ISO when someone might have wanted them instead of the 9th Spider Gwen Yellow they've pulled in 3 months.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I still think that giving out CP (or XP) for selling high rarity covers is a better solution than allowing people to trade them.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome to MPQ first world problems... Which is a massive disappointment when you draw dup covers you can't use.

I have a 3/3/5 Oml, a 3/2/5 SS and a 0/5/3 GG.

I have drawn 6 additional red Oml, 1 black SS and 1 purple GG.

Which means that i had 8 5* covers which are totally worthless. ;(

My Oml experience was especially bad because I had a 0/0/5 Oml for the longest of time, and kept drawing duplicate red covers.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards

Even if they just unlocked the colour of a cover if you had already maxed that colour it would be a reasonable option if they didn't want to allow trading or rerolling colours.
  • Blahahah
    atomzed wrote:
    Welcome to MPQ first world problems... Which is a massive disappointment when you draw dup covers you can't use.

My Oml experience was especially bad because I had a 0/0/5 Oml for the longest of time, and kept drawing duplicate red covers.

You poor thing. How did you ever survive.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    The ability to dump some cp in (but less than buying a whole cover from scratch) to sorta "transmute" a covers color in like an iso lab that happens weekly or something, would be a likely bring many happy campers.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

I understand the concerns and obviously there will be players finding a way to exploit this as everything else but if implemented properly it could be solid. Just like someone stated above, there would be rules such as you cannot trade a 1* for a 5*.

Personally I would like to see our own "Comic Storage Bin" that allows you to store unused covers for an unlimited time. They could give us the first 1-3 storage slots and if we wanted more they can charge monthly "rent" of like 200 HP a month or sell us Storage Slots.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Good luck with this topic! Every time I brought it up the topic would get moved to the suggestion section and get buried!
    5* cover should be colorless and u should be able to pick your color....or pay an ISO/hp (like champing) fee to change it.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    The ability to dump some cp in (but less than buying a whole cover from scratch) to sorta "transmute" a covers color in like an iso lab that happens weekly or something, would be a likely bring many happy campers.

5 CP to change a 3* cover to a different color
    10 CP to change a 4* cover
    15 CP to change a 5* cover

I'd be all over that.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

5 CP to change a 3* cover to a different color
    10 CP to change a 4* cover
    15 CP to change a 5* cover

I'd be all over that.

Yeah me too. Please Devs do it ASAP!

I also think trading would be a bad idea and it would help much more some people more than others. This 'change color' system would be good for everybody.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

You poor thing. How did you ever survive.

Nothing to do about it... Just carry on, but with a huge load of disappointment.

But life's like that sometimes.

And tbh I know i have it better since I have a usable Oml.

(I could sense the sarcasm but cheers)
  • Dudemon
    Dudemon Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Crafting... we need crafting. Like in Hearthstone.

Dudemon
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Just reading the title of the post I thought "Another guy like me who has never ever pulled a yellow OML cover has had his entire game experience changed with one random pull". Guess not.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    Just reading the title of the post I thought "Another guy like me who has never ever pulled a yellow OML cover has had his entire game experience changed with one random pull". Guess not.

I'll be that guy who'll bump this thread, but for now, after my latest 5* pull, my OML is 3/0/3 -- to go with my 5/0/4 Phoenix. icon_neutral.gif
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    Jeez 5 yellow OML covers.

What a tragedy. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Right. He was saying he pulled yellow OML number 6. It hurts enough selling a legendary for a pinch of ISO, but having to sell an Epic because there is no use for the cover sucks super hard.
  • Blahahah
    I think that honestly they should give you like 20cp for every legendary cover you sell.