Well done d3p (sincerely)

jimstarooney
jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Time to seperate the men from the boys hahahaha!!!!
prepare for lockdown!

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Hi, Jim! icon_lol.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me personally it makes no difference. I've stumbled across cupcakes a few times and been grateful for them but I don't shield coordinate 99% of my scores are au naturel.

I hit 1100 in torch with no cake.

Hit 1100 in cyke with no cake.

My roster isn't quite at 1300 level yet so i don't expect I will get that but it's entirely possible to hit at least 1k without having a whales roster or cupcakes
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I find the whole thing absolutely tinykitty hilarious myself.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    For me personally it makes no difference. I've stumbled across cupcakes a few times and been grateful for them but I don't shield coordinate 99% of my scores are au naturel.

My roster isn't quite at 1300 level yet so i don't expect I will get that but it's entirely possible to hit at least 1k without having a whales roster or cupcakes
    Don't fool yourself. It's possible for you to do this because you're hitting people who have their scores inflated by cakes. If cakes die you won't be able to climb as high as you can now without shielding even if you never see a cake yourself. Your targets will have their scores lowered which means they won't be worth as many points to you. And other people who are hitting cakes regularly will no longer be able to do so so they'll start hitting you instead.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Let's make sure to lock this thread. If a thread complaining about the loss of cc's is blocked, then threads coming on to gloat about the loss of cc's have a similar degree of merit.
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    It's great to see we have Freedom of Speech.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    this could also be psychological warfare put the fear of cc losses, then no one bakes, ergo no more cakes.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    this could also be psychological warfare put the fear of cc losses, then no one bakes, ergo no more cakes.

Denying someone does not diminish their desire, ask my children about dessert.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    ZeroKarma wrote:
    Let's make sure to lock this thread. If a thread complaining about the loss of cc's is blocked, then threads coming on to gloat about the loss of cc's have a similar degree of merit.
    its not gloating,this should have been fixed ages ago.and now it has:)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    Don't fool yourself. It's possible for you to do this because you're hitting people who have their scores inflated by cakes. If cakes die you won't be able to climb as high as you can now without shielding even if you never see a cake yourself. Your targets will have their scores lowered which means they won't be worth as many points to you. And other people who are hitting cakes regularly will no longer be able to do so so they'll start hitting you instead.
    Exactly... I don't know if this is a function of point deflation, narrowing of the mmr, or both, but you were pretty much the only target I could queue worth more than 20 something points. Sorry 'bout that.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have it all wrong. Demiurge thought we were spending too much ISO in the skip tax so they removed the root cause of it. Thanks Demiurge for the ISO infusion! Another great change.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Exactly... I don't know if this is a function of point deflation, narrowing of the mmr, or both, but you were pretty much the only target I could queue worth more than 20 something points. Sorry 'bout that.
    At least you didn't triple me. Ryesteve is no longer welcome to merc with Ace of Blades.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross wrote:

Denying someone does not diminish their desire, ask my children about dessert.

that is the wrong analogy, the right one would be: someone that bakes a cake, but every time they bake they get threatened, so the baker stop baking; so more more cakes.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:

It's an interesting point. I imagine that's not entirely true, there will still be players who hit higher scores due to having better rosters. You could be right though.

As for lower points available? I make my 1k by mainly beating 35-50 point matches those mythical 75 point ones never show up.

Good point though
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    ZeroKarma wrote:

Cupcakes are a method of exploiting an existing mechanic to assist alliance mates.

So, if this is being fixed, this means we don't want mechanics of this type to be exploited anywhere, correct? No more outside collaboration to gain an unfair advantage?

I assume then that mercing will soon be taken care of, and that buyers clubs will be removed also?

There's lots of things that could be considered exploits of the current system that could be "addressed" to different degrees. Hopefully we can find something that diminishes your enjoyment of the game as well.
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    No cupcakes?! No mercing?! No buyers clubs?! Talk about taking the social out of social gaming.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    It's great to see we have Freedom of Speech.

You have that freedom in public places, in countries that guarantee and honor it.

This is d3go's forum.

Just like any other privately-owned forum, you may post at their pleasure, and may be censored or blocked for their convenience.

Everyone wave to those in dev jail! Will see you all again on player-friendly channels, I'm sure.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Don't forget removing the retreat button so I can't farm ISO in SHIELD Sim, lets close these holes up.

Edit: and remove the ability to lose
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    ZeroKarma wrote:
    ZeroKarma wrote:

Cupcakes are a method of exploiting an existing mechanic to assist alliance mates.

So, if this is being fixed, this means we don't want mechanics of this type to be exploited anywhere, correct? No more outside collaboration to gain an unfair advantage?

I assume then that mercing will soon be taken care of, and that buyers clubs will be removed also?

There's lots of things that could be considered exploits of the current system that could be "addressed" to different degrees. Hopefully we can find something that diminishes your enjoyment of the game as well.

And bracket sniping and any points at all for dumping to team mates and best build threads ....

lots to fix by the look of it icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    At least you didn't triple me. Ryesteve is no longer welcome to merc with Ace of Blades.

Well, about that....
This discussion has been closed.