Death of Cakes

2»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    alphabeta wrote:
    The team you unshield on now appears to be the only team visible - therefore no more bakes unless bakers are prepared to unshield on a cup cake and reshiled after a single fight.

09/09/16 - day MPQ died

If that's all this change is, then i can think of three or four ways to exploit that system off the top of my head. And there are many, smarter people than me thinking about this problem right now. Kind of surprised if demi thought that change alone would fix the "problem."

This "fix" is doomed to failure and will likely be irrelevant in just a few events.

Preventing specific tactics will not do anything to change the underlying structure that Incentivizes players to bake.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was hoping the "fix" would involve adjusting points earned by the difference between your team and the opponent's, which would also have the welcome effect of making it less likely for transition teams to get smacked around by maxed 4*/5* murderers' rows. I should've known better.

(and yeah, "the day MPQ died"? Walk it back just a little, there.)
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor

So byeee bye Mister Cupcaking guy
    Hit the bakers for some cakers but the bakers went bye
    My season score's looking awfully dry
    Guess I'll log on to the forums and cry

(spoken with love as a regular cake eater - I just needed a rhyme)
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    I was hoping the "fix" would involve adjusting points earned by the difference between your team and the opponent's, which would also have the welcome effect of making it less likely for transition teams to get smacked around by maxed 4*/5* murderers' rows. I should've known better.

Maybe maybe not - actively seeing people pull out of buyers clubs right now - those are the wages of Demi/d3 right there
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    IF you still maintain that your winning team is the Defensive Team until you shield, then it will be forever defined (until the end of the event) as the team that you shield with each consecutive time... Then you play normally, and your first shield should be on a cupcake.

You then don't have to bake anymore, and you can eat cupcakes with your A-Team while people queue your initial cupcake. Isn't it a perpetual cake at that point?

It'll take some testing, and just closer coordination.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler

Transitioners are not welcome on this game.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Folks on LINE have pretty much figured it out, it's going to be a lot easier for 4*/5* to climb now. New system makes it much easier for those folks, just need a good roster and LINE.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    IF you still maintain that your winning team is the Defensive Team until you shield, then it will be forever defined (until the end of the event) as the team that you shield with each consecutive time... Then you play normally, and your first shield should be on a cupcake.

You then don't have to bake anymore, and you can eat cupcakes with your A-Team while people queue your initial cupcake. Isn't it a perpetual cake at that point?

I was under the impression that your defensive team is now set by the team you unshield with. So the only way to reset your team would be to shield and break.
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    G53uojWl.png?1

^^^What happens when you try and bake cakes now.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:

That would leave you very vulnerable every time you un#
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    jobob wrote:
    Folks on LINE have pretty much figured it out, it's going to be a lot easier for 4*/5* to climb now. New system makes it much easier for those folks, just need a good roster and LINE.

I'm not in any of the main pvp rooms anymore, could you explain why it's easier for 4/5s now?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:

I was under the impression that your defensive team is now set by the team you unshield with. So the only way to reset your team would be to shield and break.
    If that is true, and you never shield... the question is what are the other players seeing as your team? I guarantee I'm going to get hit when I hit 800, and i don't shield until I'm done for the event.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    If ccs are really dead - THANK YOU!
    Just wish this happened a year ago.
    People will now need to learn how to actually match 3.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Well, it's been an hour since they implemented a huge change mid event, with no acknowledgement or communication.

Im guessing that we won't hear from them until 4pm EST. and then of course no further communication until Monday.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    tbighead21 wrote:
    If ccs are really dead - THANK YOU!
    Just wish this happened a year ago.
    People will now need to learn how to actually match 3.

Even if ccs are dead, there will just be some other tactic that achieves the same outcome. The underlying problems that incentivized baking (e.g. the PvP system punishes losses very harshly, and the rewards at any given score do not match the roster strength needed to reach them.) all remain. People will just find some other technique to do the same thing (it's already starting actually).
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Nothing has changed in the middle of the event. Please refrain from making assumptions and posting them as facts.
This discussion has been closed.