Excitement for R109

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I assume more information on R109 is coming soon. I'm excited to learn more about it!

Also congrats on over 100 updates! How time flies. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should be soon. Shield rank has already been out for a week and they usually announce Release updates 1 week in advance. I hope the release date didn't slip because they are still trying to respond to the game crash compensation issue.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tomorrow or maybe Thursday if they're late posting the notes. I don't think they've ever gone more than 2 weeks between updates, but I'm too lazy to dig through the news/announcements board to confirm that.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah we were supposed to get the info of Shield Clearance when R108 went live, but I guess with all the problems with the R108 they decided to wait.

It would also be nice to know when Scarlett is going to latest and when IM is going to classic. It was supposed to be when CW ended but still no news...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Yeah we were supposed to get the info of Shield Clearance when R108 went live, but I guess with all the problems with the R108 they decided to wait.

This is incorrect. Clearance was always scheduled for R109.
    Source: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49624&start=40#p558556
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hopefully, once parts 1 & 2 arrive on Monday and part 3 arrives with R109 in a few weeks, players will consider the updates to be awesome additions.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    broll wrote:
    Polares wrote:

This is incorrect. Clearance was always scheduled for R109.
    Source: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49624&start=40#p558556
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hopefully, once parts 1 & 2 arrive on Monday and part 3 arrives with R109 in a few weeks, players will consider the updates to be awesome additions.

I meant the info, not the features. They said that when R108 went live they were also going to publish in the forum the info of what Shield Clearance was going to be about. At least this is what I remember, I might be wrong...

Anyway I am also quite exited, and I want to know what this is about!!!!
  • V1rusHunter
    V1rusHunter Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    They seem to be on two week sprints so next drop should be next Monday.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi,

We should have the next set of release notes previewed in a day or two. There isn't any additional info on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels in there though.
    If all goes to plan, we should have a separate post or two with details on Clearance Levels going up in the coming days.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds great, David! I appreciate knowing approximately when I can expect more information on this. Thanks again.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I figure that's because somebody else gets to do the formal announcement first?
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Personally im more interested in the status of them fixing the facebook issues and recieving my gifts again. I would gladly trade this shield nonsense for my fb gifts in a heartbeat. Ive already missed out on almost as much iso as they gave me with my shield level. Having a stable platform where all the benefits work is way more important than issuing shiny new bling that screws everything up.
  • I, personally, have found it very refreshing that D3 has been making the changes they have made. Obviously the iso infusion was awesome, but they obviously heard the cries about crit boost rewards as well. The future may be bright indeed.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    that was a pretty novel way to address the critical boosts.

have a mystery icon with an homage to Rngesus! I thought it was an extremly clever solution
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    My excitement just took quite a dip with the reaction to the cupcake thread.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:

I feel the same. But it seems that any attempt at discussing potential changes before these changes are live and official will result in a locked thread.

Let's wait and see. I'm back to lurcking.

On a more positive note though, I reckon that, overall, devs did a good work with the recent changes. Therefore I want to be optimistic and hope the incoming changes will keep the fun in the game. Because this is the only thing that really matters to me: I will keep playing as long as I'll have fun playing the game
    (I'm stating the obvious here, but sometimes this is useful icon_e_wink.gif )
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Same here... at first.
    I hope the cupcake restriction is tied to better rewards through the Clearance level system. That might make it sting less.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I for one am excited. I need a tool that will allow me to get more than 2-3 chances at 5* per week (that is with 15% success rate at best). As i am not part of Line clubs (including baking clubs) I don't have a problem with that being limited if it opens up the chance for non-participating players to get the PvP CP award. As it is now - that award is out of reach for me (time won't allow me to play in such a coordinate manner). Currently I am limited to 25 CP in PvE twice a week (if we are lucky and don't get the week long slug PvE - they should be gone) plus the CP from nodes (14) plus potentially Latest token form DDQ. Not that much - 2-3 pulls from classical and one from latest...

Hope is high as recent changes are pretty good. PvE play when you can for max progression is working great for me (not so much with the placement but i can't care less). The shield rank has allowed me almost to finish my 3* champing project. I am close to having all 2* in a farm (HP intake was very low for me in last 2 months so I still need 4k to finish the farm). Bring in better rewards (or/and easier gameplay for less great rewards) and do something about 5* pulling chance and I will be a happy player again. Definitely excited.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:

For sure. Buzz kill
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    hard to get excited about something new and game changing when essential scaling and character boosts can't be kept straight. color me cautiously pessimistic.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    hard to get excited about something new and game changing when essential scaling and character boosts can't be kept straight. color me cautiously pessimistic.
    That may in fact be why they run Gauntlet when the Clearance system is supposed to launch. Less chance to muck it up.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Same here... at first.
    I hope the cupcake restriction is tied to better rewards through the Clearance level system. That might make it sting less.
    Wow, you guys said the magic word and this thread hasn't been locked yet...