2»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    That's nothing.
    Imagine drawing a red and purple for your 2/5/5 Phoenix.
    Been there, done that.
    Have you gotten the green Phoenix from the daily resupply? Mine got converted to ISO...
    Yes of course, that's where my second green came from.
    Been waiting on green for 4 months now.

Yep me too, I have to 'throw' two greens and one red. Then I think I have also sold like 4-5 SS (but this case is different, he was max covered but not champed).

So yeah, getting 6+ power covers in 4 land is bad, but in 5 land 'makes you cry' icon_e_sad.gif

We NEED a system where we could swap the color of cover by paying some CP or HP (trading would be better but is probably much harder to implement, specially without any type of rooms where people can go to trade with).

Then it would also be nice if 4 and 5 covers would be worth more. 2000 iso for a 5 cover is really cheap, getting these cover is super hard so they should have a bigger selling value, if it was like 5000 iso and 5 CP would be so much better (then 2000 iso and 2CP for 4s), and I think this values are quite reasonable, and the extra CPs would at least help you a bit in getting another chance at a 5.

Pulling 5s is hard enough, pulling a 5 you can't use is really 'depressing'
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first ability I maxed in 4* land was star Lord purple...since maxing it I've drawn an additional 26 purples...still haven't maxed red or yellow.

Same thing with Bobby blue, green or purple would help but all I get is blue... The Bobby is blue...The Bobby is blue...The GODDAM BOBBY IS BLUE!
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    For the longest time I could not obtain my last XForce cover. I was 5/2/5 and could not get that last black to save my life. I must have sold tons of G/Y covers just waiting.

Now, I have my first 5* dupe sitting in my queue (Mean Jean Purple #6) and it is killing me. She is 2/5/3. It will soon be xtra iso icon_e_sad.gif
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    My 4Thor was sitting at 2/5/5 for months. After opening my 12th and 13th yellow cover this weekend, I broke down and bought that last red so I could champ her and apply those two covers.

Two days later I got the 14th yellow from a Heroic. I know people say it isn't the right way to do things but screw that. This is a game and I don't need all that stress. This is now the 3rd character I bought the final cover for with Rulk and 4Pun being the other two.
  • newton999
    newton999 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    @Dragon
    If i were you, i would use CP to buy your last cover.

3 months ago, I had the same problem. My iceman was stuck at 12 covers. I opened 40 classic LT and no Iceman.
    I used my last 120 CP to buy that damned green cover.

I never regret it. I play Iceman / 4pool / IM40 every day ^^!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    newton999 wrote:
    @Dragon

3 months ago, I had the same problem. My iceman was stuck at 12 covers. I opened 40 classic LT and no Iceman.

I wish I had done that when I had a bunch of blue covers in my queue that were expiring. Instead I figured "I'm bound to get Another green or Purple soon!" and burned it all on token pulls.
    I Think I got one more blue that way though...
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    newton999 wrote:
    @Dragon

I wish I had done that when I had a bunch of blue covers in my queue that were expiring. Instead I figured "I'm bound to get Another green or Purple soon!" and burned it all on token pulls.

You should plan on buying the cover and wait until the first one in your queue expires; if you get a lucky pull, hooray! If not, you still get to champion your 4*.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    newton999 wrote:
    @Dragon

You should plan on buying the cover and wait until the first one in your queue expires; if you get a lucky pull, hooray! If not, you still get to champion your 4*.
    That was the plan. Then I changed the plan. Then I regretted changing the plan.
    I do plan to do the same thing with the CP I set aside for Phoenix's third purple cover though...
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    I'm about 4/5th's on the way to championing my 3*s so 4* and 5* still have a long way to go for me. I've been opening LT's and using CP as soon as I get them. For a couple of months I saved them, then after a few events I thought that low level 4*s would be more useful with more powers or by actually having them in the first place. They're still pretty alien to me apart from some of the earlier ones which I had a decent spread of colours for, mainly Kingpin, Ant-Man and Invisible women who subsequently became the first and only 4*s with max covers. But any way, I've spoken way too much without giving some experiences.

Kingpin was my first 4* cover, one of his colours was the first of my 4*'s which I first maxed out which at the time I believe he was 5\1\2. My ratio of black covers over purple and yellow after that was about three to one. At this point I didn't even have an Ice-Man who is now currently 2/0/1. Even now I have nine 4*s with only one or two covers, when I get my twelth black Kingpin cover I'll still feel sympathy for those 4*s.

If I go into a 4* which I haven't maxed out, at one point I had Elektra at 5\1\0. I pulled four more purple's before the next black and two more, including a daily drop, before the next. I have a S.H.I.E.L.D. resupply drop soon which will bring her up to a 5\4\0.

Ant-Man and Invisible Woman haven't been too bad, even after maxing them I've only pulled a handful of covers for them but they still happen. My 4* Punisher is currently 0/0/5, I pulled four blue tokens for 4* Cyclops but then managed to get a yellow for him during the Civil War event and 4* Sam Wilson is sitting on 1/1/5. I've just checked my roster and The Thing is currently 2/5/2, 4hor is 5\1\4 and 4* Jean Grey is 4/5/0.

To put this in a little more perspective, my Howard the Duck has more covers than Rhulk and Iceman. When was Quake released? Six months ago? I got my first cover during her introduction event, I got my second cover only last week.

The next time I pull an Ant-Man, Kingpin or Invisible Woman cover, I will personally go to my 1/0/0 Nova and I will apologise and ask for forgiveness.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah it's weird that championing was used to sort of "address useless covers" but not address the most useless covers. The 6th+ of any color before 13 covers.

You should be able to spend a much smaller amount of Cp and color swap one.
    That way the currency is still used, but if you have the luck to bump into it it isn't useless. (because 2000 iso compared to a 5 star cover, or even 1000 compared to a 4 is a joke)

Trading would be a welcome feature but likely will never happen.