Another day, another cover I wish I could play swapsies with

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Got a legednary token in my daily drop. Got an Ice Man cover.
It's blue.

My Ice Man is 2/5/5. I really want that last green. Now I just gotta hope I get it within 2 weeks or this cover will be a waste.

Once again I find myself wisdhing we could play swapsies like in the play ground.
"Got. Got. Got. Need. Got. Need. Need. Got."

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, it's one of the worst feelings you can get in the game.

My Fury is 5/4/3...drew another yellow from a LT the other day.

SIGH
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Oh tell you what, XForce Wolverine's yellow is the bane of my life. It is by far and away the most frequent 4* drop I've had. I'd sold at least 10 of those since I started when the game came to Steam. My Wolverine was sat at 1/2/5 for over a year. When I finally got him to 13 covers I worked to champ him immediately.

Even now if I get a cover to pour into him, it's usually a yellow one.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haha, I'm the same with his green. It was my first 4* max cover, and he's been at 5/2/3 for aaaaaaaaaaaaages. Probably sold around half a dozen. Not even exaggerating.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    It's blue.

My Ice Man is 2/5/5. I really want that last green. Now I just gotta hope I get it within 2 weeks or this cover will be a waste.

Once again I find myself wisdhing we could play swapsies like in the play ground.

I pulled a green today that my 5/1/3 iceman would love to trade you for. That's my 10th green cover for him.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    chaos01 wrote:
    It's blue.

I pulled a green today that my 5/1/3 iceman would love to trade you for. That's my 10th green cover for him.

God I totally would too. I'd even throw in 10k ISO as a thank you fee.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Man that would be an awesome feature.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm starting to enter this phase of the game. I've had to burn three blue Quake covers despite the fact that for a very long time she was the only 4* that I had any colors maxed out. Now there are 4 characters that give me ISO covers and I have a hoard of CP that I was saving until IM46 moved down to classics. At some point the opportunity cost of opening a legendary and getting one of those covers is going to force me to hoard for completely different reasons.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was in this exact situation with Iceman -- I'd decided to stockpile the 120 CP to buy the last cover. You might want to consider going that route to remove some of the luck from making your Iceman usable -- the earlier you can get him to 5/5/3, the better. (Amazingly, I pulled a green Iceman from, I think, an event token and I burned the CP on classic draws. Now I'm in the same situation with 4clops: 5/2/5 with a red in queue, and I'm currently saving the CP to buy the last yellow cover.)
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I feel you guys. My 4* cyclops was 5/1/5. It's been that like for months. I finally got a yellow during the civil war event. I expect many more red or blue covers coming my way before I get my last yellow cover. icon_evil.gif
  • CrimsonHulk
    CrimsonHulk Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I've been in the same situation with Hulkbuster. I remember getting my second red cover for him, bringing him to 2/5/5 and leveling him to 250 in the hope that I'd eventually get that last red and I could champ him...that was six months ago. Now whenever a boosted week rolls around I frown at him in disgust knowing that all he is is a tanky, self-damaging red battery with a limp Repulsor Punch. I've pulled about a half dozen blue and black covers for him in the meantime.

As a less frustrating example I've endured the same situation with Carnage's (2/5/5) red as well, I'm just not as impatient to champ him as I am Hulkbuster.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    I've been having the same issue with XFDP's blackflag.png, having sold at least 7 of those while he remains at 0/5/5.

Now, I'm having it again with X23's greenflag.png (she is 5/4/2). I've had to sell three of those covers in the last week. icon_cry.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phoenix is the one that sticks out for me. I have pulled ten green covers, seven red and only two purple.... But now I have the 720 CP I need to buy a third purple.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    I'm starting to get my first dupes and it really sucks, i know it's gonna get much worse. Got my first two last week: purple Miles and Deadpool (5/0/2 and 1/1/5 respectively), in a row... also pulled a yellow Cyclops (3/5/3) right before hitting the yellow cover from Civil War.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's nothing.
    Imagine drawing a red and purple for your 2/5/5 Phoenix.
  • Quebbster
    Bowgentle wrote:
    That's nothing.
    Been there, done that.
    Have you gotten the green Phoenix from the daily resupply? Mine got converted to ISO...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    That's nothing.
    Been there, done that.
    Have you gotten the green Phoenix from the daily resupply? Mine got converted to ISO...
    Yes of course, that's where my second green came from.
    Been waiting on green for 4 months now.
  • Quebbster
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    That's nothing.
    Been there, done that.
    Yes of course, that's where my second green came from.
    Been waiting on green for 4 months now.
    I would happily have traded one of my five extra green covers for one of your extra purples...
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Iceman is 0/5/1. I don't have an exact number for you, but I have gotten somewhere between 12-14 blue covers to date. For the longest, I didn't even have that one purple. It's such a bummer, since he's one of my favorite characters and he's rendered unusable even though I've gotten 13-15 of his covers.

The silver lining is that I was able to beat Crash of Titans last time with him at 0/5/0, as his level 5 blue was useful enough in the one-on-one setting.
  • Quebbster
    mega ghost wrote:
    My Iceman is 0/5/1. I don't have an exact number for you, but I have gotten somewhere between 12-14 blue covers to date. For the longest, I didn't even have that one purple. It's such a bummer, since he's one of my favorite characters and he's rendered unusable even though I've gotten 13-15 of his covers.

The silver lining is that I was able to beat Crash of Titans last time with him at 0/5/0, as his level 5 blue was useful enough in the one-on-one setting.
    If I had to pick just one color for Iceman blue would probably be it. Purple supports the other two Powers, and green isn't as scary withour Purple to prepare the board.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been in the same situation with Hulkbuster. I remember getting my second red cover for him, bringing him to 2/5/5 and leveling him to 250 in the hope that I'd eventually get that last red and I could champ him...that was six months ago. Now whenever a boosted week rolls around I frown at him in disgust knowing that all he is is a tanky, self-damaging red battery with a limp Repulsor Punch. I've pulled about a half dozen blue and black covers for him in the meantime.

As a less frustrating example I've endured the same situation with Carnage's (2/5/5) red as well, I'm just not as impatient to champ him as I am Hulkbuster.

Thats funny cause my Hulkbuster is 5/2/5, and I sure as hell cant get any black covers but get plenty of red.