Poll: have you gain a SHIELD rank?

2»

Comments

• at 67..60k iso bonus on top of the 800+K since inception, definitely a positive by d3
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Started at 65 - currently 66, about 700 XP deep. I skipped the last heroic so I probably missed 300-400 xp there.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hit 66 on Saturday, half way to 67 thanks to all the 4*'s falling in Civil War.

Slightly slower than I expected when it launched...but one level a week seems just fine.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I started at 65 and I'm 1/3 of the way through 67 now. So, 2.3333 levels in a week? I'm sure it will slow down now, especially with a 48 hour sub in iso brohood. I figure I'll hit 68 by end of this week.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    madsalad wrote:
    I started at 65 and I'm 1/3 of the way through 67 now. So, 2.3333 levels in a week? I'm sure it will slow down now, especially with a 48 hour sub in iso brohood. I figure I'll hit 68 by end of this week.
    There is no 48 hour sub in Brotherhood, it's seven 24-hour subs.
  • madsalad
    Quebbster wrote:
    madsalad wrote:

Sweet. For some reason I thought all 7 day missions had a 48 hour sub. I never really keep track of them too well.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    madsalad wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    madsalad wrote:

Sweet. For some reason I thought all 7 day missions had a 48 hour sub. I never really keep track of them too well.
    Enemy of the State is the only seven-day PvE with a 48 hour sub, and that's the first one so you can skip the first 24 hours if you want.
    Most 4 day PvEs have 48 hour subs though. The only ones I can Think of that do not are Thick As Thieves and Venom Bomb.
    I Think player's view of the Florida sub in The Hunt may change a bit now that all those one-time nodes represent a hefty XP dump...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gone up 3 already. 41 to 44.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went up from 65 to 66 in around 5 days. But there was a deluge of pack opening plus CW gave a lot of XP per day. I imagine in general, it will be around one level every 1-2 weeks. You can get a decent amount of XP from PVE.

I'm really happy that they've added it for TUs, since now it's something fun to do instead of a responsibility.

Also, do you think you get more XP for sending 5* TUs, 4*s or 3*s? I ask because 5*s give 5 XP, but they also take over a day to return. I wonder which are the fastest returning TUs that give the most experience.
  • madsalad
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I went up from 65 to 66 in around 5 days. But there was a deluge of pack opening plus CW gave a lot of XP per day. I imagine in general, it will be around one level every 1-2 weeks. You can get a decent amount of XP from PVE.

I'm really happy that they've added it for TUs, since now it's something fun to do instead of a responsibility.

Also, do you think you get more XP for sending 5* TUs, 4*s or 3*s? I ask because 5*s give 5 XP, but they also take over a day to return. I wonder which are the fastest returning TUs that give the most experience.

I've started giving out 8-12 hr 3* and 4* TUs to my alliance members to maximize XP. I also now try to blatantly waste/use TUs on the lower end nodes in PVE just to clear them out and request more. (I guess I could just delete them...)

Iron Fist, Mystique, Daredevil, 4* Cyke, 3* Steve, Beast, Blade, 3* Bullseye are all 8 or 12 hours and I feel are mostly useful daily. Plus, the offer a better turnover/xp ratio/rate.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went from 65 to 66 over the weekend, but that was largely due to being in the midst of recycling 2* champions and the extra XP from Civil War rotating nodes.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Came in at Level 33, about 40 percent of the way to 34, and I obtained level 35 just this morning. I was hoarding a lot of 2* covers and was able to open a spot on my roster, which I ultimately used for GSBW. But instead of just selling the 2* covers, I would roster a character and add all their available covers in my queue. When I added all the available covers I sold the character and started with another.

Each cover added was XP, plus I got a little extra for never having had 2* Daken and Moonstone on my roster. The drawback is that selling each character was only 250 ISO, instead of 250 ISO for each individual cover.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have now ranked up and claimed my 30k iso.
    Onwards to level 67!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    Each cover added was XP, plus I got a little extra for never having had 2* Daken and Moonstone on my roster. The drawback is that selling each character was only 250 ISO, instead of 250 ISO for each individual cover.

There is a trick here you can use that someone posted a while back.

When you are going to sell multiple covers for 1 character you should apply all covers to the character and then level them up using existing ISO. Then sell. You actually get more ISO in the end than the covers + your ISO input.

This trick only works if your multiple covers are the same color. So for example if you have 2 Daken Blue's you are better off applying the 2nd cover, leveling up Daken as high as you can and then selling him. This sell price is more than 500 ISO (2 single covers worth) + your tiny investment in ISO to level him. However if you have 1 Daken Black and 1 Daken Blue then its not worth doing because the sell price isn't more than 500 ISO.

KGB
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    KGB wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:

When you are going to sell multiple covers for 1 character you should apply all covers to the character and then level them up using existing ISO. Then sell. You actually get more ISO in the end than the covers + your ISO input.

This trick only works if your multiple covers are the same color. So for example if you have 2 Daken Blue's you are better off applying the 2nd cover, leveling up Daken as high as you can and then selling him. This sell price is more than 500 ISO (2 single covers worth) + your tiny investment in ISO to level him. However if you have 1 Daken Black and 1 Daken Blue then its not worth doing because the sell price isn't more than 500 ISO.

KGB
    This isn't exactly true... it doesn't get any better past 3 covers for 3*, and 2 covers for 4*
  • jobob
    Started at 65, now I'm at 75 about 25% of the way to 76.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB wrote:

Ahhhhhh, yeah I didn't really think about that. I just had thought that I would spend more ISO to level them up to some arbitrary level and wouldn't get the ISO back that I put into it, so I didn't bother leveling them up at all.
    KGB wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention to that. I was simply adding all the available covers for a given character regardless of color to get the XP, then selling and starting over with the next one until I cleared all my non-rostered 2*'s.
    jobob wrote:
    This isn't exactly true... it doesn't get any better past 3 covers for 3*, and 2 covers for 4*

Sounds like the best thing to do would be add the character and any duplicate colors to a certain point for the XP, level them up, then sell for the ISO. Wash, rinse, repeat. Provided it's a character you don't want to perma-roster at that point. I eventually plan to have all 2* characters (except for perhaps Bagman) for the champ rewards farm, but for right now I thought it was kind of a quick way to gain a little extra XP.
  • jobob
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    Sounds like the best thing to do would be add the character and any duplicate colors to a certain point for the XP, level them up, then sell for the ISO. Wash, rinse, repeat. Provided it's a character you don't want to perma-roster at that point. I eventually plan to have all 2* characters (except for perhaps Bagman) for the champ rewards farm, but for right now I thought it was kind of a quick way to gain a little extra XP.
    Well, before SHIELD XP, it was simple... for a 3*, use 3 covers of the same color and raise to max level -1. For a 4*, use 2 covers of the same color and go to level 83. But the XP has thrown an extra wrinkle in... since you don't get XP for a duplicate, the first cover is wasted. So to maximize XP, you want to throw as many covers on as possible before you sell. That lowers the ISO return significantly, though. What I don't know is how it shakes out when you factor in the amount of XP gained vs the reward for hitting the next ISO level. I assume selling at 2 or 3 covers still brings you out ahead, because even though you get a lot of ISO at the next level up, it does take quite a lot of XP.
  • Mikey Boy
    Mikey Boy Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I started at 49, but was less than 200 XP from leveling up. I managed that in a couple of days. Now, I'm about as close again to 51, and should hit that in a couple more days.

As others have said, Civil War has been very helpful in this icon_e_smile.gif