Poll: have you gain a SHIELD rank?

atomzed
atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Interested to know the rate in which the forummites have progress in SHIELD rank.

I just increase in shield rank from 65 to 66 (needed 2150 xp).

The activities that gave me the most xp were
1) opening LT tokens.
2) opening heroic tokens.
3) champ levels
4) 2* cover levels
5) completing civil war nodes (not so much for other pve because I didn't play much of the previous pve)
6) pvp
7) daily ddq.

My alliance didn't ask for TU a lot so I am missing out on that source of xp.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• I started about half way through rank 62 when the update went live and now I'm less than 150 XP away from rank 64
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gone up twice to 49 but I did have a hoard of tokens that were all opened just after and a bunch of champ levels that also got applied after they introduced SHIELD ranks.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I started halfway through 58 when the system went live, hit 59 two days later and expect to hit 60 early Monday. The way things have gone, I'm figuring to pull in 200-300 XP/day, which currently equates to about a level a week. (I'll take it!)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got rank 66 on Thursday I think, I am getting close to rank 67 now...
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I started at 32 and am 227 XP from hitting 35.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm already about 33% of the way to 68.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was just a smidge under 52 when the feature rolled out. I just passed 53 and am just over 10% of the way to 54.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh wow! This is amazing... Everyone who responded had managed to gain a rank. And it is within 6 days since shield rank was introduced.

If we assume that every 7 days, we gain a shield rank, that's about 30k every 7 days for rank 65. This is quite good icon_e_smile.gif

Thanks D3!
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    I started on 58 and half. Few hours ago i reached 60 so yeah icon_e_smile.gif
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    65 to 67 now.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I gained a rank yesterday, 65 to 66. That's almost a week worth of playing pvp, and civil war.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, not yet - I started at rank 56 and 0/1700, and am now 1262/1700. Getting there!
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm almost to 68. I figure I can get at least 1.5 ranks a week. That's about 180k iso a month. Could be more, but I rarely play PvP, and my alliance members don't request tu's that often, but i do open a lot of packs. So it should even out. Course, I might actually start playing PvP, it really depends on the SHIELD clearance level update coming soon and what it offers.

Demiurge has really stepped up their game lately.
  • Quebbster
    I'm almost to 68. I figure I can get at least 1.5 ranks a week. That's about 180k iso a month. Could be more, but I rarely play PvP, and my alliance members don't request tu's that often, but i do open a lot of packs. So it should even out. Course, I might actually start playing PvP, it really depends on the SHIELD clearance level update coming soon and what it offers.

You don't get much XP by playing PvP, so you aren't missing much actually.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Quebbster wrote:

I don't know about you, but the covers from drops and rewards add up. Plus the 4 tokens from rewards as well.
  • Quebbster
    DuckyV wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I don't know about you, but the covers from drops and rewards add up. Plus the 4 tokens from rewards as well.
    True dat. I was mostly thinking of finishing matches. You do get tokens in PvE too though...
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Yes, twice already but I started very near of completing level 49
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, did it in 6 days at level 65 but that was mostly thanks to Civil War giving us 60 easy XP every 8 hours for 3 and a half days. In a normal scenario it will be closer to 7-9 days.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I've gone up two ranks, from lv38 to lv40 since it started. I blame part of that on the Civil War event, which provided 15 PvE nodes a day that I could clear in a single run.

Introducing the XP system has also altered my playing behavior a bit. For example, I seem inclined to use legendary tokens instead of hoarding them since the change, which seems weird to me. But the little bit of XP plus the chance to get a cover for one of my (all undercovered) 4*s, and thus some more XP, now seems to outweigh any disappointment of not getting a cover useful to me right now.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Started at 65, nearly at 66.

I would have gotten to 66 already but after the Spider woman event and its awful scaling and worse boosted characters I took time away from PvE.