pve 8days reward=25cp points.pve 4days=25 cp points.no fair

8punch
8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
pve event brotherhood last 8 days. while the end reward is 25 cp points. now a 4 day event reward is also 25 cp points.

why?

you can fit in 2 day story events in a 8 day event. that is 50 cp points (2x 4) days compared to 1x 8 day day event.

so why dont get we like 50 cp points reward for an 8 day event?

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was literally thinking of posting this.

They really need to up the rewards for 7 day PvEs. Have progression equal to two 3-4 day PvEs. Two 2* covers, two 3* covers, two 25CP rewards, two sets of all the ISO and so on. It's a huge imbalance otherwise. You put in the same work for fewer rewards.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    4-day events are bonus double reward events.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    You do get double the amount of iso....
  • Dragon_Nexus
    The return of yet another classic forum meme!

Maybe the "FAQ Project" should be collecting these repeat threads. Obviously they are Frequent Asked Quesstions. Leave a space for dev comment at top of each.

Maybe it keeps getting posted because it's an issue we still want dealing with 8I
  • 8punch

you mean to say, this is the only event were iso rewards are normal icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can start an 8 day pve with four days left and hit the 25 cp. Maybe even later.

Next complaint?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    You can start an 8 day pve with four days left and hit the 25 cp. Maybe even later.

Next complaint?

So how about filling those other 4 days with more progression rewards?
  • The ideal solution would be to have max progression give 5 CP for every day of the event. That would be a bit lower for the 3-4 day events, but higher for 7 days.
  • OneLastGambit
    8punch wrote:

you mean to say, this is the only event were iso rewards are normal icon_e_biggrin.gif

I think of every pve as simply an amount of iso to be earned. Everything else is a bonus to me. Sometimes I don't even bother with the cp at all. My 4* are pretty well covered so cp doesn't mean all that much to me but the iso does
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    That one-time node for 3000 ISO is quite nice though...
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards

Next complaint?
    It's a wonder people get any further when there are those who would not only be happy with keeping things the way they are but down play and disregard any attempts at bettering things.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    8punch wrote:

I think of every pve as simply an amount of iso to be earned. Everything else is a bonus to me. Sometimes I don't even bother with the cp at all. My 4* are pretty well covered so cp doesn't mean all that much to me but the iso does

I mean thats great for you, but cp would give you champion levels which are more iso, and for those of us like me, who are like a majority of the player base, more cp means more covers.

Hmm

I might even be tempted to spend more money on HP if there were more rewards.

Look at the conclusions I can come to by simply thinking in more than one way.
  • OneLastGambit
    GurlBYE wrote:
    8punch wrote:

I mean thats great for you, but cp would give you champion levels which are more iso, and for those of us like me, who are like a majority of the player base, more cp means more covers.

Hmm

I might even be tempted to spend more money on HP if there were more rewards.

Look at the conclusions I can come to by simply thinking in more than one way.

That's why I was specific in saying that this is good for me. I was merely pointing out that not all of us on this forum are forever asking for more no matter how many positive updates we get from d3.

Think positively and you will experience positively, look for flaws and you Will find them. For those which complain about the lack of cp in pve ask yourself this....how hard is it to get the cp?

I can play very very casually and still earn the cp. Can't do that in PvP. Pve is easy to get max progression even for transitioners. So you are effectively asking to be rewarded better for the easiest achievement in the game....

Just though I'd give you some more ways of thinking then you can draw some more conclusions
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    pve 8days = no play
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    As much as everyone wants to complain about this there is an new rewards structure comming out next patch. It might be worth waiting to hear how that looks before you complain about this current system.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    While increasing the amount of CP awarded (25 to 40 for example), a better change to make to these longer events would be to include the 4* essential cover as part of the progression rewards.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if a solution to this would be to standardise points and rewards across subs and events. Make it so every sub of each (non-boss) event allows a set X amount of points (divided comparatively among their diverse amount of subs), then set progression rewards across a common table.

Example:

Each sub is set to give a "minimum maximum" amount of 1000 points, be it an event like The Hulk with its strict 9-nodes per sub or the Hunt with its 12-node average subs. ("minimum maximum" = 4 clears of each node), then make a table like this (common multipliers give the higher reward, and the lower skips):

Every 125 progression points = Iso (100, 100, 100, 250, 250, 250, 500, 500, 500, 1000...)
    Every 250 progression points = HP (25, 25, 25, 50, 50, 50, 100...)
    Every 500 progression points = Cover (2*, 2*, 3*, 3*, 3*, 4*...)
    Every 1000 progression points = Event token
    Every 3000 progression points = 25 Cp

So, for a 3-day event: 100 iso, 25 HP, 100 Iso, 2* cover, 100 iso, 25 HP, 250 iso, Event token, 250 iso, 25 HP, 250 Iso, 2* cover, 500 Iso, 50 HP, 500 Iso, Event token, 500 Iso, 50 HP, 1000 Iso, 3* cover, 1000 iso, 50 HP, 1000 Iso, 25 CP. This is quite similar to the current scheme for all events.

This would not only guarantee that the more subs (days) an event last will see better rewards, progressively, it will also remove the ceiling on progression rewards who currently punishes the people who play the game the most, the "grinders", alleviating somewhat the disappointment of missing placement rewards for those who place just below the "top" cut marks.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Why is this a problem?

4 days - 8 CP from nodes and 25 CP from progression
    8 days - 16 CP from nodes, and 25 CP from progressions

Like you're already getting 8 more CP naturally, not to mention more iso and experience overall (which is a thing now).

I say it balances out.
  • 8punch
    Blahahah wrote:
    Why is this a problem?

Like you're already getting 8 more CP naturally, not to mention more iso and experience overall (which is a thing now).

I say it balances out.

your math does not compute.

4 days event is 8 cp another 4 days event is 8 cp to in total the cp you get for 2 x 4 days story event is same as 1x 8 day event. both equal total of 16 cp from nodes.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    Why is this a problem?

I say it balances out.

Because 16 + 50 > 16 + 25.