Worst solo 5*? (Phoenix?)

Options
2»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

Have you played against both an equal amount? Have they both been high level?
    Aside from the fact that OML is a lot more common in PvP in general (and at lower levels), Phoenix doesn't start to really shine until the higher levels when match damage is starting to go truly insane. Also, OML is relatively easy to manage by denying him black (or failing that, yellow so he at least doesn't pop his claws). It's a lot harder to stop Phoenix from getting 8 Purple AP, and once the Cascade machine gets going things can really go South.
    As I saw someone mention here: Most fights against Phoenix work out just fine. But when things go wrong they tend to do so catastrophically. There's very Little margin for error.

The problem with both is quite similar. They get some strikes out, by firing, PH red (that is usually at least 6 strikes on the board, 4+2), OML black (usually 4 strikes on the board), or by a third character firing powers and triggering OML red (maybe 4 strikes on the board), of course the two first cases are the worst. Then there is a cascade, because PH purple or because the usual AI luck, and then most probably your OML or PH is dead. Then depends on if it was PH or not you might recover or you are done (If it was PH she might come back to save the day icon_razz.gif). Because with the amount of AP the AI got it might also fire some more powers and you might not have to recover.

Anyway, the big problem are cascades. OML almost never transforms, and even when it transforms, I usually win ( with the featured 3 dead most probably, and a very injured PH and OML), but I can still win. But if the AI gets a cascade with the strikes on the board I am done. As I said, just one cascade and one of your 5s is done.

Of course if you have Spidey cascades are not that bad.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phoenix is one of, if not THE best damage-dealing 5* in my opinion. Possibly also the best solo because of the way she self-accelerates. She is DEFINITELY not the worst. That would be Craptain. He's so far behind Phx, BSS, OML, 5IM, GG, BBa, BBo that it isn't even funny. He's even a rung below SS.