2»

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol. 2 waves of 3x level 417.

Fun.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I think a good remedy would simply be the cap the waves at half of boss strength.

That way say if you're on round 4 where he was level 300, the waves would increase to (but never exceed) 150. For 500, 250, and so on.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    I think a good remedy would simply be the cap the waves at half of boss strength.

That way say if you're on round 4 where he was level 300, the waves would increase to (but never exceed) 150. For 500, 250, and so on.

But then people would do the side nodes on one side where the levels were lower, and do the boss battle on the other side.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Orion wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

But then people would do the side nodes on one side where the levels were lower, and do the boss battle on the other side.

Move them up with highest boss strength then.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Thing Invisible Woman, & Patch (which means you cant use OML) at level 360-ish was rough. Final few nodes Gauntlet hard.

A level 360-ish wave node is rough too. That change over from Wave 1 to Wave 2 can destroy you if they get the first turn. I actually almost lost, even with a Level 452 OML. He got stunned by Lady Thor, and things went south from there. I did win though, thanks to OML's OP goodness when he finally unstunned.

I would say it's strange that they still haven't figured out that scaling this way is all types of wrong after running this event several times (as well as Galactus with the same format), but then we've seen baffling design choices before...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man it is super fun having to play with a 70 (or something like that) level storm against 425 level enemies. At least in essential nodes they use correctly the level or the third member, but here it is the PvE hardest node difficulty. It is also fantastic moving to the other team with a 250 level boss, but with those 425 nodes.

And of course now I need to use OML and PH everywhere.

Seriously if Devs think this is fun they have a problem. Again, after two days the event is ruined. It is a shame because I love playing against bosses, but the nodes ruin completely the experience.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP. DEVS FIX THE NODES!!!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    kobu wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

Move them up with highest boss strength then.

Or lock them to their actual event so they could have the early rounds of the second event starting at starter levels when you move over to it.
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    And they were on such a roll, too.

Sigh.

Back to losing like we're supposed to.

I even spent a bit money with intent in spending more tomorrow. Now that's not going to happen.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I've been 0-7 on survival nodes today. Tried different combos, different nodes. No success against any of the 4. Doh! icon_neutral.gificon_cry.gif
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Are most people struggling with these nodes? Mine are 290-297 now, and I got through all 5 in the latest round only using 1 health pack. I'm using a 330 OML and champed/boosted IMHB. IMHB is a beast when boosted. icon_e_smile.gif

Maybe I'm just in a sweet spot for scaling, and one of my best characters is boosted.

The waves and rounds that lock out OML are tougher, but I'm ok with tough rounds when they can only be beat once per 8 hours.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    I've been 0-7 on survival nodes today. Tried different combos, different nodes. No success against any of the 4. Doh! icon_neutral.gificon_cry.gif

I actually spent so long clearing three enemies I forgot I was in a survival node.

Until my nearly tead team had to face three 20k HP heroes. So I gave up.

Fun!
    Orion wrote:

Ditch the idea of clearing one side and bossing the other.
    Also, this awful scaling is in other non-split boss modes, too. It's a problem with bosses in general.

They scale too high. The minion fight should never be harder than the boss it leads into.

I say again, why can't the difficulty simply go up depending on which round you're on?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Pants1000 wrote:
    Are most people struggling with these nodes? Mine are 290-297 now, and I got through all 5 in the latest round only using 1 health pack. I'm using a 330 OML and champed/boosted IMHB. IMHB is a beast when boosted. icon_e_smile.gif

Maybe I'm just in a sweet spot for scaling, and one of my best characters is boosted.

The waves and rounds that lock out OML are tougher, but I'm ok with tough rounds when they can only be beat once per 8 hours.

The way that most people tell everyone to develop their rosters around here is that when you get a high level character, you level them as high as possible immediately, and then hope that you can get and level up other high level characters to join them. Which works great for PvP when you only need to pick 2-3 characters and are probably going to pick the same ones each time, but is and has always been a terrible idea for PvE. If you have more than, say, 7-8 decent characters with 30 or so levels of each other as your highest level characters (including boosts), then you're in a good spot for scaling, PvE-wise.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    I use quake for every node except the boss. Champ boosted 9k AoE damage is so awesome. Pair with GSBW and im40 and its quake and shake all day long.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Figure15 wrote:
    I use quake for every node except the boss. Champ boosted 9k AoE damage is so awesome. Pair with GSBW and im40 and its quake and shake all day long.

Only works when you aren't facing level 430's x 3...all with hp in the 45 to 50k. You just can't collect enough ap to do that 5 to 6 times.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 wrote:
    Figure15 wrote:

Only works when you aren't facing level 430's x 3...all with hp in the 45 to 50k. You just can't collect enough ap to do that 5 to 6 times.

As long as the other side doesn't have someone who deals huge AoE damage, you could. Recharge generates Green. Deceptive Tactics generates green. Resonance Frequency and Pistol helps with cascades. IM40 can add another 3-5K AoE if necessary. It'll take some time to get started, but if you have all three of those champed you could last long enough to do that much damage on a decently consistent basis outside of bad luck cascades.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    vs Cap haven't lost even once but those side nodes are terrible!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Agree, this is GREAT. Best of the day, right here.

And, now TERRIBLE. My nodes went from sub 200 to 360 x 3. Worst of the day, right here. If the nodes were 360's Sunday they'd be bad - they shouldn't be hitting that at the 48 hour mark.

24 more hours and it "only" jumped from 360 to 390 for me - that's not so bad of a jump, wish it had been 260 to 290 though.

Level 7 IM started getting tough, once we beat him I was glad to head to the other side. We're almost into last level of Cap and I haven't had a tough time once...this is why I'm hoarding CP until IM goes into classics side...and this is why D3 put Cap in classic side first. It's quite apparent which one is better - Cap needs a buff!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Agree, this is GREAT. Best of the day, right here.

And, now TERRIBLE. My nodes went from sub 200 to 360 x 3. Worst of the day, right here. If the nodes were 360's Sunday they'd be bad - they shouldn't be hitting that at the 48 hour mark.

24 more hours and it "only" jumped from 360 to 390 for me - that's not so bad of a jump, wish it had been 260 to 290 though.

Level 7 IM started getting tough, once we beat him I was glad to head to the other side. We're almost into last level of Cap and I haven't had a tough time once...this is why I'm hoarding CP until IM goes into classics side...and this is why D3 put Cap in classic side first. It's quite apparent which one is better - Cap needs a buff!

Mine are now 445, and I had serious problems to beat the survival node where they forced me to use Captain Marvel (250 level). I wipe at least once every round since God mode started.

D3 needs to fix how it calculates difficulty for these nodes, because it is not fair at all how 5 players are forced to use 2s or 3s but with the difficulty level set as we were playing wit three 5s.

Then these nodes are much much harder than normal PvE ones. Figthing Iceman, Cyclops, Punisher, Phoenix, etc. at those levels is really HARD. 450 level 4s have really strong powers (Iceman AoE is 25k+, Cyclops red was 40k+, etc.).

And again, casual Alliances have a much tougher time.

I still fail to understand how Devs think difficulty attached to time instead of round or nodes harder than the boss make any sense and it is fun.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed there Polares. They should scale (regular PVE also!) as high as your maximum character: if you are going in with a level 300 Captain Marvel, the opponents should only be level 300. If you are forced to drag along a level 170 Hawkeye - that's how big the opponents should be!

Having the OML/Jean node is just cruel, considering many folks (4* and 5* both!) will have some of their strongest/best characters locked out of that node - but the scaling certainly doesn't reflect that!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine jumped dramatically from round 2 to 3; almost 200 levels.