WE DIDN'T JUMP INTO GOD MODE!

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
More praise to the devs! Huzzah!

Comments

• Second That. I'm running a champed 3-star roster and my nodes went from level 50 to level 110. That is a reasonable difficulty increase.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I was thinking that but didnt want to say anything in case it was a mistake.....
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Give it a little more time.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course it will get up there. The issue was a that enemies went from L40 straight to L250 (or 400 if your scaling is such). Now it looks like the curve has been smoothed out which is all anyone has ever asked.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    It will jump. They jump scaling up when too many alliances get close to clearing a side. No guaranteed 5* people aren't hitting civil war as hard.

So give it some time. Hope I'm wrong though!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh you poor sweet summer children.

It always makes this small jump on the first day. Just wait until tomorrow when they're all level 200. And then sunday when they're level 300.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards

It always makes this small jump on the first day. Just wait until tomorrow when they're all level 200. And then sunday when they're level 300.

Actually, the big jump has always been on the 9AM PT refresh, 24h after the start. It didn't happen this time.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    We probably shouldn't count our chickens yet. It didn't start last time till after end of business on Friday. Last guy out my still turn the server off icon_lol.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor

It was going from 0 to 600mph in 24 hours. No stepping up just stepping on your dreams and morale. I was really dreading this jump but this is a fantastic QOL improvement. They are really listening and doing good things lately. Can I dare to dream for new content? Pretty much my only major complaint left. Need some new PvE content to use this constant onslaught of new toons in, content that does not involve the Dark Avengers.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully they will keep it under control this time, making the nodes too hard just makes no sense, they give few points and limited rewards so why not have the boss fight as the real gatekeeper in each node+boss pair.
  • Dragon_Nexus

Actually, the big jump has always been on the 9AM PT refresh, 24h after the start. It didn't happen this time.

Did it really? Wow, I must have had a more cheerful memory than my personality would normally allow. I seem to remember it taking longer.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree, this is GREAT. Best of the day, right here.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    My ever-happy-to-be-corrected recollection is that they smoothed it out last time.

Maybe they "smoothed" it out a bit last time, but I still saw 70 -> 300 at the 9am PT refresh last run. This time mine went 72 -> 104.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Maybe spoke too soon?
    I've gone from 107 to 190 between refreshes.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Y'all don't think if they were going to change it, they would have announced it?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    It is going up after each refresh or maybe after each round is cleared. It just isn't all at once at the 24hr mark now.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    They announced this change last time they ran Civil War.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=44690

o The surrounding mission pins should have a more gradual ramp in difficulty in this run.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 wrote:
    They announced this change last time they ran Civil War.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=44690

o The surrounding mission pins should have a more gradual ramp in difficulty in this run.

Didn't that turnout to be a lie though?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    And now scaling jumped 100+ levels
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Agree, this is GREAT. Best of the day, right here.

And, now TERRIBLE. My nodes went from sub 200 to 360 x 3. Worst of the day, right here. If the nodes were 360's Sunday they'd be bad - they shouldn't be hitting that at the 48 hour mark.