***** Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) *****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited November 2016 in Character Details
Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) icon_blackwidow.png
5 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 45699 Tile Damage: 63/526/75/592/69/460/4.3x
    Tell Me Everything - 12 purpletile.png AP
    Black Widow finds the enemy’s secrets and dismantles their carefully laid plans. Deals 557 damage and remove up to 3 random enemy Strike, Protect, Attack and Countdown tiles.

Costs 1 AP less for each enemy Countdown tile on the board (minimum cost 7 AP).
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 1086 damage. Level 3: Deals 1615 damage. Level 4: Deals 2144 damage. Level 5: Deals 2674 damage.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 6496 damage. Level 4: Deals 8624 damage. Level 5: Deals 10752 damage.

Acrobatic Takedown - 12 redtile.png AP
    Black Widow turns her enemy’s strength against them and strikes. Deals 2787 damage. If the enemy has at least 12 AP in any color, deal and additional 1505 damage. If this downs an enemy, destroy 4 enemy AP in a random color.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 3233 damage and an extra 1979 damage if the enemy has 12 AP in any color. Level 3: Deals 3428 damage and an extra 2508 damage if the enemy has 12 AP in any color and destroys 6 enemy AP if it downs an enemy. Level 4: Deals 3930 damage and an extra 2815 damage if the enemy has 12 AP in any color. Level 5: Destroys up to 7 random enemy AP.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 13777 damage and an extra 10080 damage if the enemy has 12 AP in any color and destroys 6 enemy AP if it downs an enemy. Level 4: Deals 15793 damage and an extra 11312 damage if the enemy has 12 AP in any color and destroys 6 enemy AP if it downs an enemy. Level 5: Destroys up to 7 random enemy AP.

Red in My Ledger - 10 blacktile.png AP
    Black Widow pays her debts. Deals 2090 damage. If any allies are below 20% health, drain 2 random enemy AP and deal an extra 1588 damage.

(PASSIVE) Whenever one of Black Widow’s allies is stunned, stun a random enemy for 1 turn.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 2592 damage and if ally is below 20% health, drain 2 random AP and deal an extra 1588 damage. Level 3: Deals 3065 damage. Level 4: Deals 3065 damage and if ally is below 20% health, drains 4 AP and deals an extra 2229 damage. Level 5: Deals 3511 damage.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 12321 damage and drains 2 random AP if ally below 20% and deal an extra 6384 damage. Level 4: Deals 12321 damage and drains 4 random AP if ally below 20% and deal an extra 8960 damage. Level 5: Deals 14114 damage and drains 4 random AP if ally is below 20% health, and deal an extra 8960 damage.

Comments

• Quebbster
      Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
      I'm sure someone can volunteer the level 450 stats too, I know of at least two maxed Widows out there...
    • Quebbster
      Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
      Well, look what I found...
      Polares wrote:
      But this is quite neat to check the stats

BW at 451 has
      46053 hitpoints
      purple match damage is 596
      Crit is 4.2

Purple at 5: 10834 dmg removes 3 strike, protect, attack or countdown
      Red at 5: 15915 + 11400 (if enemy has 12AP+ in any given color). If it downs an enemy, then also destroy 7AP in a random color
      Black at 5: 14223 dmg. If ally is below 20%, drain 4 AP random, extra 9030. Passive is the same, ally stunned you stun random enemy

Her powers are expensive but quite strong, specially when the conditions are met. AI usually spends the AP quite fast so I don't know if Red condition will happen a lot.
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
      Quebbster wrote:
      Well, look what I found...
      Polares wrote:
      But this is quite neat to check the stats

BW at 451 has
      46053 hitpoints
      purple match damage is 596
      Crit is 4.2

Purple at 5: 10834 dmg removes 3 strike, protect, attack or countdown
      Red at 5: 15915 + 11400 (if enemy has 12AP+ in any given color). If it downs an enemy, then also destroy 7AP in a random color
      Black at 5: 14223 dmg. If ally is below 20%, drain 4 AP random, extra 9030. Passive is the same, ally stunned you stun random enemy

Her powers are expensive but quite strong, specially when the conditions are met. AI usually spends the AP quite fast so I don't know if Red condition will happen a lot.

I'm so numb to the damage numbers in this tier. Is this strong?
    • Vhailorx
      Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
      Well, my best guess is thinking of it like this.

For 12 red. She can do 26k damage IF the enemy has 12ap. And you get random ap destruction if you kill someone.

For 8 black ap, GG does 23k damage. You do have to baby the CD to do damage again, but he also fortifies the tile.

I don't think she is strong.

25k aoe would be a very strong 4-match power in 5* land (like iceman or rulk levels of strength)

25k single target damage AFTER a contingency for 4 matches is bad.
    • OneLastGambit
      OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
      Too many ifs and not enough control over those ifs.

When does the AI ever have 12ap in any colour? It's programmed to use ap as soon as it can.
    • OzarkBoatswain
      OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
      5* BW + 5* Spider-Man + IM40. Full spectrum of actives. IM40 yellow stuns an enemy which turns Spider-Man invisible.
    • wymtime
      wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
      5* BW + 5* Spider-Man + IM40. Full spectrum of actives. IM40 yellow stuns an enemy which turns Spider-Man invisible.
      Im40 stuns himself. Now if BW stuns someone because of it that would be good. The main item is im40 gives so much AP to the 5*.
    • Vhailorx
      wymtime wrote:
      Im40 stuns himself. Now if BW stuns someone because of it that would be good. The main item is im40 gives so much AP to the 5*.

I think ozark means that im40 on the player team self stuns, which triggers 5bw's passive and stuns an enemy, which in turn triggers bss's passive.

Its a nice cascade, and it would even give 5bw enough red to use Her nuke. But will the ai have 12 ap?. i would rather use some other combo that will result in victory even faster and not require so many contingencies.
    • Jaedenkaal
      Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
      I'd be very surprised if self-stun counts, and if it does today I would not be surprised if they remove that interaction sooner rather than later. It's clearly not the 'intent' of the power.

The ai having 12+ ap in a color may come up more than you'd think considering not all teams have actives in all 6 colors, and if it counts T/U as a color the ai will inevitably collect more than 12 after using the only team up they have.
    • an1979
      an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
      No chance in hell for 12+TU.
      AI will ignore TUs after it throws its own.
      It would take forever.

12+AP will happen practically only when AI will have a passive with no outlet.

What is a chance we will soon get 5* power that feeds AP to AI?
      Like Black Panther or Ares do?
      icon_e_biggrin.gif
    • Cthulhu
      Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
      Sorry for taking so long! Had a sick 2 year old and stayed home from work yesterday taking care of him.
    • Mawtful
      Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
      It seems like the jump between ranks 4 and 5 are much slimmer than other characters. Is there a chance that this was intentional to encourage 5/4/4 builds to alongside Black Bolt?
    • OzarkBoatswain
      OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
      edited September 2016
      Will the extra damage on black go off when an ally has 0% health, i.e. downed?

She has no heal and no self-synergy in her powers. Single target damage only. She has an obvious 5* partner in Spider-Man -- they share no active colors and BW's passive can turn S-M invisible.

I'd go for 5/4/4 or 4/4/5. The last level of red does basically nothing.
    • stochasticism
      stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards

She has no heal and no self-synergy in her powers. She has an obvious 5* partner in Spider-Man -- they share no active colors and BW's passive can turn S-M invisible.

Yes, downed enemies count per KDN.
    • Vhailorx

She has no heal and no self-synergy in her powers. Single target damage only. She has an obvious 5* partner in Spider-Man -- they share no active colors and BW's passive can turn S-M invisible.

But as a pair, I don't know they work well together. The cascading stun/invis chain can be nice, but will only trigger if the ai has a stunning power (or if the 3rd wheel has a self-stun), and other than than that they just offer a lot of single target damage at a relatively high cost. And they have no boardshake or self acceleration at all.
    • Pylgrim
      Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
      Added to the Character Compendium.
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      https://youtu.be/_wuQq1fjors

My latest character analysis video for Black Widow. Her passive stun is useless for Spider-Man. The enemy is stunned on their turn, which means when it becomes your turn, they are no longer stunned. Really stupid design. They should've given it a two turn stun. One time BSS stunned me, and the random stun targeted the BSS that just stunned me, but missed because he was invisible. Pathetic. Her moves are too expensive and conditions both difficult to meet and annoying to keep track of if you want a quick match.
    • KingDreadnaught
      KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
      Here I am. After 4000 Cps to maxed her out I got so moody at first due to confusion to pair or to play her. I rated her 6/10 at first matches.
      Later on, after changed my play style a bit and adapted to her type of powers, I found that she's somehow "GOOD" - "Great" as a true Supporter.
      I think I understand how the team design a character based on her personality in comic and film. She was made to Pair with all, but not on full power with any single one.
      My Suggestion if changes will come to her later on.
      1. Purple. Her damage on Purple is lower than expected and erase ONLY 3 enemy special tiles (Let's called it Special except Invisible)...
      I would suggest to leave her AP Cost as 12 or even increase it to 15 BUT, the reducing cost should be included enemy Strikes, Protects, Attack Tiles down to minimum of 7. Up her based 450 LV damage to 10,000-12,000 wouldn't make her too powerful to cost 7. Look at Silver Surf, 7 Red for 18000 with charged tiles is quite the same.

2. Black, Good the way it is. Powerful actually, I love it. But the Passive Stun is USELESS. She should create 1 Countdown tile that stun the enemy for 2 turns. (A bit overpowered but if you can put 1.5 turns in the system for the enemy to be active again on their turn would be fair to all)

3. Red. Okay but I prefer it to be "Drain-Steal" same as Black but reduce the amount of AP to be 3-5 max.

Here's the Video testing with brother Scott, G-zilla. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/SkJ2kQ1oHsQ
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      Follow up on the question of IM40 - his self-stun does trigger the black passive. That is the only way you will actually get any use out of her black passive.
    • Polares
      Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
      notamutant wrote:
      https://youtu.be/_wuQq1fjors

My latest character analysis video for Black Widow. Her passive stun is useless for Spider-Man. The enemy is stunned on their turn, which means when it becomes your turn, they are no longer stunned. Really stupid design. They should've given it a two turn stun. One time BSS stunned me, and the random stun targeted the BSS that just stunned me, but missed because he was invisible. Pathetic. Her moves are too expensive and conditions both difficult to meet and annoying to keep track of if you want a quick match.

The stun needs to be a mistake on Devs part, I really hope so, because like that I totally agree is useless :S
      1. Purple. Her damage on Purple is lower than expected and erase ONLY 3 enemy special tiles (Let's called it Special except Invisible)...
      I would suggest to leave her AP Cost as 12 or even increase it to 15 BUT, the reducing cost should be included enemy Strikes, Protects, Attack Tiles down to minimum of 7. Up her based 450 LV damage to 10,000-12,000 wouldn't make her too powerful to cost 7. Look at Silver Surf, 7 Red for 18000 with charged tiles is quite the same.

Cof, coff, coff, SS at 450 just does 8k dmg, 18k dmg must be at 550 icon_e_smile.gif

So then 7 AP for 12k dmg + erase 3 special is way better than SS red, this is way it is just countdowns. It is still very good against GG or IM46, meh against any other 5.