Which one will you do? Red Room or legendary.

stark0719
stark0719 Posts: 50 Match Maker
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I did the cheap legendary pack got a miles morales.
don't know if I should get more to open a red room.
stats are 10% 5 star on red room. 15% 5 star on legendary so please tell what you are gonna do.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    10% draw for a lousy 5* vs. 15% draw for a chance at Black Bolt. Do we really need to have this poll?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    These were a ripoff last time and they still are. Unless you are ultra-beluga status there's no reason to pull a token with an increased cost and decreased odds of a 5-star.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clearly there was a typo when they've introduced Red Room token with 10% chance - it was meant to cost 15 CP at best. And I would still not take it...
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Which one will I "do"? ... not exactly sure what you're insinuating here... but...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see no immediate need to chase Black Widow right now.
    If I happened to have a stash of 3000 or so CP I might consider it, but I don't...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    20 cp classics only.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I allotted 2 cp pulls of red rooms. the rest will be used on classics at a later time.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll continue to do classic until I get to a point where I'm anywhere close to not needing those 5*s. So maybe sometime 2018 I'll consider paying more than 20 CP icon_lol.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't even plan to open the red room tokens I will earn from the cw events.

If there is 1 thing my roster doesn't need right now it's a a mediocre (at best) 1-cover 5* sucking up another roster slot
    I need more covers for my existing 5*s.

I will hold on to the RRLT until I get 5bw some other way.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    BW <<<<< BB or IM <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Spidey or GG or OML or PH
  • Vhailorx
    Polares wrote:

you seem quite a bit lower on IM than the consensus. And I thought you had come around on BB's passive?
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I'll gladly use a Red Room token if I earn one but I'll stick with buying Classic Legendaries with my Command Points. I'd far rather chance earning more covers for the five-stars I already have than adding another single-cover'd five-star to my roster.
  • Classics only and i will hold of opening until im46 is added...on Monday.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I opened 10 legendary LTs and got my second green Black Bolt. I might consider opening another 10 before 5BW is added to the draw.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Polares wrote:

you seem quite a bit lower on IM than the consensus. And I thought you had come around on BB's passive?

Oh it was not about quality, it was both quality+price icon_razz.gif

I think both BB and IM are really good, it is just that you have to pay 25 CPs. So 25 CPs for a okish 5, or 25 CPs for a 2/3 chance o very good 5s, or 20 CPs for a 4/6 chance.

Ps: In my particular case also my pull rate for latest is really bad, so more reasons to go with classic icon_razz.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Polares wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Oh it was not about quality, it was both quality+price icon_razz.gif

I think both BB and IM are really good, it is just that you have to pay 25 CPs. So 25 CPs for a okish 5, or 25 CPs for a 2/3 chance o very good 5s, or 20 CPs for a 4/6 chance.

Ps: In my particular case also my pull rate for latest is really bad, so more reasons to go with classic icon_razz.gif

I see, I thought you meant your rankings in absolute terms, but you were just making a relative assesment on the worth of purchasing tokens.

Then i agree with you. The 20% discount on classics makes them a superior deal.

But I will say that I think the currebt value of latest LTs is about as high as it it ever likely to get. Two solid to strong PvP 5*s plus a third that is fun to play and has defensive value (banner). Maybe the early 2016 tokens with oml/Phoenix/bss, or Phoenix/bss/GG were better, but not by much. And 5bw looks to be a step down. So while I wouldn't buy latest LT now, I would say it's not a bad time to spend whatever you have lying around.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I've said it before and I will say it again. If your Old Man Logan and Phoenix are not both cover maxed you should only buy Classic Legendary Tokens. Nothing else makes sense.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    My free Civil War token pulled the Red Room token from the vault, so I was very excited to see this 10% draw rate in action! Imagine my delight when the screen revelead....... a Yellow Mr Fantastic cover. icon_cry.gif

Admittedly it could have been worse, but even so, I'm glad it was free. I certainly wouldn't pay 25CP to roll the dice again, especially when Latest Legends gives you the chance of so many better 5*s for the same price.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    If the 4*s available in Red Room were limited to the boosted 4s for this event or limited at least in a similar fashion, I actually would probably go for the Red Room even though I'm not interested in 5* BW.

As it stands, my 6th Elektra purple from the alliance progression cemented the fact that I have no interest in spending a larger amount on a crummier token.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried one token just to check it out - Drax purple, which is fine by me. I like Drax quite a bit and am looking forward to getting him properly covered (1/3/2 right now).