OMG! The Facebook sharing was COMPLETELY erased!

2»

Comments

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    10,000?

The disparity must be worse than I thought.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have dozens of MPQ friends on my FB account, but I've never gotten more than one or two gifts a day (or, more often, zero), despite hitting send every time I have the option.

While I've never really held a grudge against the folks getting 20+ gifts per day, I have a hard time feeling bad about a feature that was clearly broken and giving some people what ultimately amounts to an unfair advantage.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Konman wrote:
    So you're saying MPQ is no longer unfairly giving bonus gifts to certain groups of players while completely disallowing it for a different group of players? I can see how that would be distressing. Steam players have never even had the opportunity to participate in the facebook gifting, because its complicated.

If this is MPQ finally choosing to remove an unfair advantage, then bravo! If this is just a bug that will soon be remedied, then same ole same ole...Steam players are still getting the short end of the stick.

This, and everyone who up voted this, is a mess.

Steam players have been and continue to be screwed over by this facebook feature. It is a mess. It has been criticized for quite some time now, and the devs told us that nothing will be done because it would be difficult. And based on some of the info in this thread, I should be more ticked off than I am. In previous threads on this topic, the amounts of ISO were downplayed as rather insignificant, that at least doesn't appear to be the case anymore.

When a thread is started complaining that the free stuff pipeline sprung a leak, sympathy is hard to muster when you've never been allowed to partake of said free stuff. Surely its obvious to anyone that a policy of giving freebies to some, but not to all, is an inherently unfair policy, and a certain amount of animosity should be expected from those that a short changed.

I guess you either want all players to have the same opportunities, or you don't. And if its impossible to afford everyone the same opportunity, then maybe you need to remove that unfair advantage.
  • bloafx69
    bloafx69 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    If it means anything, for almost 2 years, I never received one gift. I had a handful of MPQ friends.

Then, I deleted all of my friends and added over 1,000. I started getting gifts pretty regularly.

With the latest update, I haven't seen one gift. I've been sending them out, but have not received. D3 should be addressing this issue icon_e_smile.gif

Maybe I will add another 1,000!
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Konman wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Konman wrote:
    So you're saying MPQ is no longer unfairly giving bonus gifts to certain groups of players while completely disallowing it for a different group of players? I can see how that would be distressing. Steam players have never even had the opportunity to participate in the facebook gifting, because its complicated.

If this is MPQ finally choosing to remove an unfair advantage, then bravo! If this is just a bug that will soon be remedied, then same ole same ole...Steam players are still getting the short end of the stick.

This, and everyone who up voted this, is a mess.

Steam players have been and continue to be screwed over by this facebook feature. It is a mess. It has been criticized for quite some time now, and the devs told us that nothing will be done because it would be difficult. And based on some of the info in this thread, I should be more ticked off than I am. In previous threads on this topic, the amounts of ISO were downplayed as rather insignificant, that at least doesn't appear to be the case anymore.

When a thread is started complaining that the free stuff pipeline sprung a leak, sympathy is hard to muster when you've never been allowed to partake of said free stuff. Surely its obvious to anyone that a policy of giving freebies to some, but not to all, is an inherently unfair policy, and a certain amount of animosity should be expected from those that a short changed.

I guess you either want all players to have the same opportunities, or you don't. And if its impossible to afford everyone the same opportunity, then maybe you need to remove that unfair advantage.

From what I have read in the past, it is the STEAM platform that does not allow the linkage to FB. To be fair, it was about a year ago that I read up on it, and some things may have changed. But I find it hard to understand how it is that you can feel animosity toward one group of players based on the fact that the platform you choose to play on does not afford you all of the perks or benefits that are received by people who play on a different platform.

As I said, it's been about a year since I experimented with STEAM and this game, and things may have changed since then, but if it is still truly STEAM that is the issue, then all of the comments in this thread about how D3 should fix the "problem" are simply a waste of time.

-Croaker
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Chipster22 wrote:
    No sympathy for those of us who have not been receiving gifts for months?

Of course I have sympathy for y'all. And I advocate on your behalf, on a regular basis.

But this "misery loves company" nonsense with people chiming in ONLY to say that they are happy that others are now suffering as they are is just ridiculous. lol.

Especially when ALL OF US CHOSE which platform to play on..........

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Chipster22 wrote:
    No sympathy for those of us who have not been receiving gifts for months?

Of course I have sympathy for y'all. And I advocate on your behalf, on a regular basis.

But this "misery loves company" nonsense with people chiming in ONLY to say that they are happy that others are now suffering as they are is just ridiculous. lol.

Especially when ALL OF US CHOSE which platform to play on..........

In my case I am on Android, but there is a known bug that prevents me from receiving gifts. In February CS said that it was on Facebook's side and they offered no solution. I sent another request to CS just last week and was told again that it was a known issues they were working on. No compensation was offered.

As I stated previously, I would prefer that they would fix it or compensate for everyone, but if they can't then the best solution is to end it for everyone.

It's not that I'm happy others are now suffering like us now, it is that it is unfair that some have an advantage over others. Again, in my case and some others, its because of a bug, not the platform we chose.
  • Sure. End the Facebook ISO sharing for all platforms.

But also take away the visible AP count for Steam please.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chipster22 wrote:
    10,000?

You could almost buy your own ship for that!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chipster22 wrote:
    10,000?

But who would fly it? You?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Chipster22 wrote:
    10,000?

You bet I could! I'm not such a bad pilot myself. C'mon, we don't have to sit here and—
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Chipster22 wrote:
    10,000?

You bet I could! I'm not such a bad pilot myself. C'mon, we don't have to sit here and—

We haven't that much with us. But we could pay you two thousand now, plus...fifteen when we reach Aldera---I mean, Avengers HQ.