OMG! The Facebook sharing was COMPLETELY erased!

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I usually receive AT LEAST forty gifts when i wake up up, every single morning. This morning, I only got TWO. Not to mention the many gifts I get, throughout the day.

I thought it was strange, yesterday, when the system asked me to approve ten friends to send a 1* cover to.....and then again, to send 250 Iso, but I figured maybe they were brand new friends. Or something.

But NOW, I see why. I think that every single friend has been reset / erased.

This is really really REALLY messed up.

Comments

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Welcome to the club.

There's a lot of us for whom Facebook sharing of gifts has never worked.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's the same with me as well. I'm very hopeful that this is a bug. But the timing with the release of SHIELD levels is highly suspect...
  • Chipster22
    How much ISO were you guys getting each day previously?

I always wondered how much I was missing out on.

I'm also surprised there wasn't more of an uproar from those of us for whom it never worked in the first place.
  • mpqr7
    I have hundreds of mpq fb friends, so I probably received at least a few thousand ISO per day, which was nice, being so iso-starved, and even when you play intensely, you still can't get more than a few thousand ISO per day. Now that I'm no longer receiving gifts, I'm making less ISO with the SHIELD levels than I did with the gifts, so this update has actually made things worse.

I don't see why we can't have both SHIELD levels and FB gifts. And I don't mind if other people are receiving the gifts that would have normally gone to me. But it seems like no one is receiving the gifts that would have gone to me, and that doesn't seem right at all.

FB still shows that around 40 people have sent me gifts, yet when I load up the game, there are no gifts.. so where are those gifts going?
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    So you're saying MPQ is no longer unfairly giving bonus gifts to certain groups of players while completely disallowing it for a different group of players? I can see how that would be distressing. Steam players have never even had the opportunity to participate in the facebook gifting, because its complicated.

If this is MPQ finally choosing to remove an unfair advantage, then bravo! If this is just a bug that will soon be remedied, then same ole same ole...Steam players are still getting the short end of the stick.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    It will just take some time for you (and your friends) to come across you again in their FB sharing and allow permission to send to you. I'm sure you'll see the sharing again in not time.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    OMG! If there were only some way to report bugs on the forum, the right people might take a look at the issue and fix it. Alas, there is only a way to throw out Hot Takes on the general discussion thread. Oh wait...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Facebook sharing? How quaint!

*goes back to Steam version with none of the perks.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Gifts? facebook? What? icon_question.gificon_lol.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep...I calculated out even a low estimate of what people were averaging on facebook and asked here in the forum for a million or so missed ISO to be given to me - a steam user.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    I shared multiple times today though?
  • Konman
    Konman wrote:
    So you're saying MPQ is no longer unfairly giving bonus gifts to certain groups of players while completely disallowing it for a different group of players? I can see how that would be distressing. Steam players have never even had the opportunity to participate in the facebook gifting, because its complicated.

If this is MPQ finally choosing to remove an unfair advantage, then bravo! If this is just a bug that will soon be remedied, then same ole same ole...Steam players are still getting the short end of the stick.

Yeah, I keep trying to remember to connect FB to Steam for MPQ purposes.

Remind me how again?

(harhar)

Step 1: Build a Time Machine
    Step 2: ?????
    step 3: Profit!
  • Konman
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Yep...I calculated out even a low estimate of what people were averaging on facebook and asked here in the forum for a million or so missed ISO to be given to me - a steam user.

How'd you spend that million ISO? icon_e_wink.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm kinda hoping this means maybe the Facialbook sharing isn't broken anymore. I added about 250 people for MPQ (I abhor Facialbook, but all that Iso...) however I only had ever really received bonuses from roughly 30. I have heard various reasons for it, but the most credible one was placing the blame on Facialbook. Honestly I don't know and I don't care. It would be nice, however, to get some kind of benefit. :/
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Konman wrote:

This, and everyone who up voted this, is a mess.
  • Chipster22
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Konman wrote:

This, and everyone who up voted this, is a mess.

No sympathy for those of us who have not been receiving gifts for months?

My main account is not even on Steam. I wrote to CS back in February about not receiving gifts and they said is was an issue with the Facebook side of things without offering a solution.

I'd rather we all get extra ISO from gifts or that they would somehow balance things for us who have been doing without. However, if they do not figure a way for the ISO flow to be even across platforms and bug affected players, then the next best thing would be to end the gifting entirely, IMHO.
  • mpqr7
    I don't understand this idea of "some of us aren't getting fb gifts, so none of us should get them."

Shouldn't it be "some of us aren't getting fb gifts, so ALL of us should get them"? For any accounts who have a legitimate reason for being unable to receive fb gifts (steam accounts, for example), they should just automatically receive comparable daily ISO, covers and tokens to what a mobile user would receive, when fb gifts were working.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt highly this was intentional - if it was they would have made an announcement and you would no longer be prompted. This is almost certainly a bug that came with the new level system. C'est la vie, I'm sure they'll fix it in a week or two, maybe a month on the outside.
  • Chipster22
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I don't understand this idea of "some of us aren't getting fb gifts, so none of us should get them."

Shouldn't it be "some of us aren't getting fb gifts, so ALL of us should get them"? For any accounts who have a legitimate reason for being unable to receive fb gifts (steam accounts, for example), they should just automatically receive comparable daily ISO, covers and tokens to what a mobile user would receive, when fb gifts were working.

I agree.

That's why I said if they do not figure out a way to make it even, only then should it end for everyone.

[Edit] I wonder how hard it is to determine the amount of ISO to even things up. I imagine some people have put minimal effort into Facebook sharing and are getting only a hundred or so ISO per day, while others have fine tuned their friends list and it sounds like they are getting thousands. How would it be best to account for that?
  • mpqr7
    For Steam users, they should provide a daily bonus of 10,000 ISO and 10 regular tokens (you don't really need the 1 star.png covers, as you'll just convert them to ISO anyway).

For all users where FB gifts work, it's up to the user themselves to add in as many friends as they want. And yes, they should improve the algorithm so that each player can send gifts to all their FB friends. Currently, I have hundreds of mpq FB friends, but it only allows me to send gifts to around 50 of them.