R108 FaceBook Save Issue

freakygeek
freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
edited September 2016 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
Something for people to watch out for and hopefully for D3P to fix for real this time. Twice over the last 12 hours my iOS MPQ has turned off Facebook save. I switched it back on the first time last night and it was off again this morning. I caught it so all is well for me. My Android one did not disable but I will be watching it.

I have seen this behavior before, mostly around hotfix updates and not full updates, on both Android and iOS and usually on Fridays. I have not seen it after a major patch in several months. Twice in 12 hours is scary though.

Comments

• MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    This is also happening for me, on iOS. Every time the app is closed when I go back in, the game is no longer connected to Facebook. This has been happening when I'm in other apps and iOS is automatically closing MPQ; I also just re-created it by force-closing MPQ, going into settings and seeing that the Facebook save is no longer checked.
  • freakygeek
    You nailed it Daywalker, I force closed on iOS and it was disconnected again on restart. Still no issues on Android.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have an Android, and now when I start up the game, I need to manually tell it to back up to FB instead of it happening automatically.

Also, FB tells me I have many gifts waiting, but I'm not receiving them in the game.
  • freakygeek
    I have now seen some of MPQR7's issue as well. Started game this morning on Android after using iPad overnight. It loaded the Facebook save (phew) but then unchecked the Facebook save setting as well.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    iOS here, and it's doing the same thing. When the app is closed for whatever reason, when the app is reloaded, it does not have the facebook save enabled. So whenever I open the app after a hot fix, or if I close the app, the first thing I have to do is turn on facebook saving... hopefully we get a fix for this. I believe this to be a big contributor to the multiple Rank Reward claims and the facebook friend rewards sharing issues.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tested 3 times. Every time the app force closes on iOS, you have to sign into Facebook again. This also includes restarting the phone.
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    It is the same on my android. Every time it is closed it unchecks the facebook save. I am also not recieving my facebook gifts any longer even though i have notifications that i have them waiting on facebook.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been disconnected for me for a few days, but it syncs fine between my phone and my ipad.
    So I think the functionality is still there.

But why why WHY is facebook sync a thing that regularly breaks after patches?
    Dozens of other games have no problems with it.
  • evanbernstein
    evanbernstein Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I realized today that I had not been receiving presents from facebook friends and I noticed that I have this bug too.

I'm particularly worried because tonight I'm taking my phone in to get repaired and will have a loaner. I'm not sure I'll be able to play the game and/or I have unsaved progress.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    This needs to be solved asap. My android device doing the same, save remains always unchecked.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    We appreciate the reports everyone. The devs having been looking into this and QA is working on reproducing the issue and trying to sort out why it may be happening.

Not sure yet whether this is a bug on our side or new Facebook functionality after various updates.

Please open a ticket with Support if you haven't yet, describing how the issue occurred and what device (s) you are using.

www.d3go.com/mpq-support

Thanks very much.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]We appreciate the reports everyone. The devs having been looking into this and QA is working on reproducing the issue and trying to sort out why it may be happening.

Not sure yet whether this is a bug on our side or new Facebook functionality after various updates.

Please open a ticket with Support if you haven't yet, describing how the issue occurred and what device (s) you are using.

http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support

Thanks very much.
    Thanks for escalating this and continually reading the forums, David icon_e_smile.gif
    It's a thankless job, but someone has to do it.
  • mpqr7
    I have submitted a ticket. IGN Soce2. Don't hesitate to have the devs reach out to me via the ticket if they have further specific questions for me that could help them replicate and resolve the issue.

Thanks again.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Hi everyone,

A quick update. The developers are hopeful they have a fix in place for the Facebook issues set to arrive with the R109 update planned for next week.

Please note the word "hopeful." More work may need to be done beyond R109, but an attempted fix is arriving soon.

Thank you.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    R109 fix hasn't worked unfortunately
  • freakygeek
    Also not working for me with new patch.
  • mpqr7
    Still not working for me either. FB rewards were probably one of my favorite features of the game, so it's been tough to no longer have them.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Hi,

We've seen player reports that the attempted fix for Facebook may not have worked for everyone post-R109. The dev team are continuing to look into getting this corrected and will keep working on the issue.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I've lost my save completely now after this FB save debacle. I have 2 FB accounts and I had succesfully had my game saved on my one account just for MPQ. After 108, the game kept asking me to save and I accidentally attached it to my personal account. Tried fixing it after 109 and when I tried attaching my save to my MPQ FB account via my tablet, it rolled back to the tutorial. When I tried to force the save from my phone to my personal account ( to make sure I at least had one save of my current status) my MPQ FB account was already logged in and it overwrote my game save on my phone. There was never the "this account already has a game save associate with it" warning.

I've already submitted my ticket to D3 hoping they can rollback my game save but now I'm missing out on Gauntlet and whatever else.
  • Meesters77
    Meesters77 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Androids here, (Samsung Galaxy S4, Asus Memopad 7), both not connect to FB, since that time the gameplay sucks...........very slow gameplay (specially my asus), and sometimes the game will freeze for couple a sec.
    Not fun to play anymore like this...........icon_e_sad.gif