So does SHIELD rank make you more likely to champ 2*'s now??

2»

Comments

• JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    It doesn't make me more likely to Champion star.pngstar.png characters because I'm already doing the whole roster-Champion-sell-repeat thing. I'll appreciate the XP every time I make a Champion and level them, though. icon_e_smile.gif
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I think the only arguement against this process now is not having roster slots.

It was a personal preference thing before they net you experience points, but now they build towards extra paydays (plus whatever future benefits roll out) it's pretty safe to say that if you can roster them you should be recycling them.
  • insound0
    insound0 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I am more than happy i decided to do this. I had 11 going already and after yesterday i got some hp and rostered the other 2. Now theres a seemingly constant trickle of xp coming through plus the other stuff.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    It's changed my mind. I've been slowly phasing out my 2*s, because I needed more space in my rosters. I might consider selling a couple of my 3*s with only 2 covers, since I'm not going to be using those any time soon anyway. I haven't decided on that yet though.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was already doing a full two-star farm, and I'll keep doing it. My only regret is not starting sooner.
    For all those worried about not affording the roster spots I have to Point out that each two-star champion also nets you 375 HP (250 from champion rewards, 125 from Selling), and when you have a full farm up and running you will get a lot of HP in short order. The initial investment may feel like a lot, but IMO it's well Worth it.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    At least Ms Marvel has an AoE. I would think that Bagman, Cap and Bullseye would be the worst.

And I just flipped Ares. He's the first one that I've flipped twice.

On more than one occasion I've had to beat it with just a level 94ish Magneto. That's probably still easier than that trio, but either case you can lean on TUs to get through.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Calnexin wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    If I can win with that, you can survive without Stormento.

Speed is a factor. I'm sure I won't lose with constant cycling, but if I have to spend an extra ten minutes between those nodes I might not be able to finish the DDQ before work.

I recently swapped Thor for Ares and it hasn't made a lick of difference. Storm seems like a bigger deal. That windstorm turns the 2nd tier node 2 into three taps, and with a favourable board makes the 3rd node much faster. Mags is just there to boost Storm, but it's been handy in a speedy way frequently.

Forget Storm and go with Hawkeye x/x/5 and pair with Magneto and then create 5* match and let the speed shots eat through everyone in super fast time. Add in Bullseye to protect on purple matches, or Wolverine to give those speed shots an extra kick with attack tiles out. Storm is good, but Hawkeye is much much better. Give it a try and see how it goes icon_e_smile.gif
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Quebbster wrote:
    I was already doing a full two-star farm, and I'll keep doing it. My only regret is not starting sooner.
    For all those worried about not affording the roster spots I have to Point out that each two-star champion also nets you 375 HP (250 from champion rewards, 125 from Selling), and when you have a full farm up and running you will get a lot of HP in short order. The initial investment may feel like a lot, but IMO it's well Worth it.
    This is me in a nutshell too. It's just so valuable. In the end, you sacrifice a little bit of ISO in exchange for 375 HP, 5 CP, 5 Heroic Tokens, and 3 Covers. Now, you get the bonus of some XP, so it feels like a no-brainer. The ISO dump we just got allowed me to champ 7 more of the 2-stars I had max covers for. I've already championed all of the 3* characters. So, I'm basically in a mode where I'm trying to build my 4* roster to be able to win DDP matchups first, and then it'll be on to getting them to the point where they're competitive in PvP. Pretty good spot to be in right now as I've only lost 3 DDP matches in the current round.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I was farming only my three DDQ 2* characters.

Before I only had three 2* characters Champed for DDQ and I was farming only those three.

The way I have been doing it is:

1. Get a 2* to 144.
    2. Roster a Duplicate 2*.
    3. Build up 13 covers on that Duplicate 2*.
    4. Sell the Max 144 2* and immediately Champ the duplicate.

By doing it in that order I'm never out a big batch of ISO and I always had a team of fully maxes 2*s for DDQ.

With my Shield ranking bonus I have now leveled all the 2*s to 144. I see it as a one time investment now they have all become almost ISO neutral to Champ. Every single 2* cover I get now gains me XP plus the champ level reward (ISO, Token, Cover, HP) and I won't be out any more ISO to do it.

Time will tell but I think, with farming them all, the HP will be enough for me to keep up with D3s new character release schedule.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eichen wrote:
    I was farming only my three DDQ 2* characters.

Before I only had three 2* characters Champed for DDQ and I was farming only those three.

The way I have been doing it is:

1. Get a 2* to 144.
    2. Roster a Duplicate 2*.
    3. Build up 13 covers on that Duplicate 2*.
    4. Sell the Max 144 2* and immediately Champ the duplicate.

By doing it in that order I'm never out a big batch of ISO and I always had a team of fully maxes 2*s for DDQ.

With my Shield ranking bonus I have now leveled all the 2*s to 144. I see it as a one time investment now they have all become almost ISO neutral to Champ. Every single 2* cover I get now gains me XP plus the champ level reward (ISO, Token, Cover, HP) and I won't be out any more ISO to do it.

Time will tell but I think, with farming them all, the HP will be enough for me to keep up with D3s new character release schedule.
    There are 13 two-star characters available in Heroic tokens. Each fully championed two-star nets you 375 HP once sold and restarted, so a full rotation nets you a bit over 4000 HP. That's two months worth of roster spots for new releases.