Feature Info: S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank Is Here!

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    The update went live on Google Play sometime in the last 15 minutes.

45 minutes later and it's still not visible for me. Maybe there's a geographical component to the release.

:edit: 48 minutes later, and it's there. I should have waited a couple or three more minutes. Yay, level 65 and 867k ISO. Wolveroach was level 56 and 650k.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Maybe there's a geographical component to the release.

:edit: 48 minutes later, and it's there. I should have waited a couple or three more minutes. Yay, level 65 and 867k ISO. Wolveroach was level 56 and 650k.

It didn't display on the update list but when I opened the game page in the store it said "update".
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    You will receive all previous Iso-8 rewards that you would have gained if the S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank system had been in place since the beginning.

Can we delete this from offucial announcemnet since it is only partially true due to 65 cap?
  • Hyphenmoore
    Hyphenmoore Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I dropped most of my 1 star.png characters. I wonder if recruiting them again will give me xp or if the game remembered I had them and grandfathered them into my rank.

With the increased sell price of 2 star.png I also sold quite a few to champ some 4 star.png characters. Will leveling/recruiting them again give me more xp or will my initial rank suffer for the underleveled characters.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you level up a character such as Elektra why don't you get XP points for your Shield rank?

You only get SHIELD rank XP for adding new covers to a character (including a champion character) or championing them -- not for leveling them up with ISO.
    Has anyone tried out retraining a non-champion character? Does that provide XP?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I'm so happy with this patch :')
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    When you level up a character such as Elektra why don't you get XP points for your Shield rank?

You only get SHIELD rank XP for adding new covers to a character (including a champion character) or championing them -- not for leveling them up with ISO.
    Has anyone tried out retraining a non-champion character? Does that provide XP?

Yes. I started making two stars again. I don't remember if adding them to my roster a second time gave me xp, but I did get xp for adding covers to level 15 2 stars.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I should have been more clear, I meant re-speccing a character.

But thanks for that answer too!
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    First off - this is fantastic...getting extra rewards for the stuff I do anyway. No complaints here.

I was wondering, it says earn XP for opening cover packs. Does this also include standard tokens? I opened one and didn't see the pop up, but I might have just missed it too.

Thanks again though! Really happy with this latest addition...
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    The developers did an outstanding job here. You deserve every penny.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Great job, awesome new feature. Finally we are being rewarded for playing the game!!!! Thanks a lot guys,

My father and me will resub VIP tomorrow, as a "thanks you" gesture.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to congratulate MPQ on finding a way to get retired players such as myself to return to the game. I reactivated my account and I have a Level 50 SHIELD rank.. not bad considering I have not played since end of January.

This is def the best change since the implementation of Deadpool Daily Quest! Punisher is officially back.. at least casually icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    I want to congratulate MPQ on finding a way to get retired players such as myself to return to the game. I reactivated my account and I have a Level 50 SHIELD rank.. not bad considering I have not played since end of January.

This is def the best change since the implementation of Deadpool Daily Quest! Punisher is officially back.. at least casually icon_e_biggrin.gif

We might be able to find you a spot in your old alliance. icon_e_wink.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    GrimSkald wrote:

Hopefully they'll use this framework to give events with level-appropriate rewards. For example, another way to earn 5* other than random chance - won't that be nice? Clearly the main intention for this is to set things up for the future, rather than any immediate effect. That, I suppose, and to encourage people to finish the prologue before they dive into the rest of the game...

You're the first poster to mention "framework,"and I think it's definitely key to game dev's plans for the future. I can see a rework of scaling based on SHIELD rank. In addition, the rewards system can be reworked based on a player's SHIELD rank; for example, a rank 65 reaching cp progression in the upcoming heroic pve event may get an adjusted 40 cp rather than 25. And this would be a fair reflection of the challenge that a higher ranked player face in navigating a heroic event. I also see a possibility of elite tournaments, such as pvp events requiring minimum SHIELD rank to enter.

Basically, game devs are looking to move away from a one-size-fits-all approach and toward a customized player experience.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:

Basically, game devs are looking to move away from a one-size-fits-all approach and toward a customized player experience.

And praise be to RNGesus for that!!!!!

its a huge chunk of iso thats probably meant for people to fix and gussy up their rosters. Soft cappers may find themselves in a real pickle in two weeks when the the shield levels are reviewed.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Well this is just terrific so far, so thanks for that. Eager to see how SHIELD clearance levels will stack with this.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I also just resubbed vip as a thank you. Black Kate cover.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very nice addition. I'm sure the forums will be back to rage, rage, anger, anger soon enough but it is nice to see everyone happy for at least one day.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards

It's been nearly 4 months since I last played and looks like I could be a regular player again. Seeing xp being earned is a good way to see personal progression that isn't tied to pure randomness.

When logging in I noticed I had 26 cp so thought I would open another LT, got Peggy Carter so that puts my LT total at 1/113 5* pull rate icon_e_smile.gif
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Woke this morning to level 65 and 860 odd k iso. Thank you. Nice addition. Champed a few 4 stars I had waiting and champed bag man in your honour. Cheers