Feature Info: S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank Is Here!

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Where is it ? I've been playing most of the day and no update
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    DELICIOUS ISO

Now I need more covers icon_e_sad.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    turbomoose wrote:
    Where is it ? I've been playing most of the day and no update

Seems Google Play is being slow with the patch.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Cmon google play, I'm ready to see mah rank!
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Anyone got any insight on when the Play store will reload?

I presume it does all apps in batches...
  • CrimsonHulk
    CrimsonHulk Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I keep checking the Play Store every 10 minutes, the wait is killing me. Not sure whether I should champ a a couple of 4*s or attempt to finish champing my remaining 3*s.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Since it isn't available in the Google Play Store I thought I would check the Amazon App Store and see if they had it. It shows that R108 is the newest release and it is available. However I can't do an update from it. Back to waiting...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chill folks - at this point all it will get ya is a whole lot of Iso. That's cool, to be sure, but the Iso will be just as sweet tomorrow as it is today, I promise ya. icon_e_smile.gif

Hopefully they'll use this framework to give events with level-appropriate rewards. For example, another way to earn 5* other than random chance - won't that be nice? Clearly the main intention for this is to set things up for the future, rather than any immediate effect. That, I suppose, and to encourage people to finish the prologue before they dive into the rest of the game...
  • Celebane
    Celebane Posts: 14
    edited August 2016
    Eichen wrote:
    Since it isn't available in the Google Play Store I thought I would check the Amazon App Store and see if they had it. It shows that R108 is the newest release and it is available. However I can't do an update from it. Back to waiting...

I was able to update directly from the Amazon App Store rather than wait on an update to get pushed to me. If you originally got the game through Amazon, just go to the app's page and the buy/download button "should" say update. Press it and you should be good to go. If you got it through Google Play, you'll probably have to wait. It's one of the few times I've seen Amazon get something before Google.
  • CrookedKnight
    Supposedly gated reward tiers is the point of the "Clearance Levels" coming in R109. Hopefully it pans out.

(Also, I have a bunch of tokens I'm waiting to pull until I can get XP for them!)
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Chill folks - at this point all it will get ya is a whole lot of Iso. That's cool, to be sure, but the Iso will be just as sweet tomorrow as it is today, I promise ya. icon_e_smile.gif

Yeah but see I'm an addict.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    So recruiting spiderwoman before patch = less xp for rank 65 veteran?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    GrimSkald wrote:

Hopefully they'll use this framework to give events with level-appropriate rewards. For example, another way to earn 5* other than random chance - won't that be nice? Clearly the main intention for this is to set things up for the future, rather than any immediate effect. That, I suppose, and to encourage people to finish the prologue before they dive into the rest of the game...

I'm actually hoping the next thing they add is alliance tasks like in Gems of War where members of the guild can donate to something and everyone in the group gets the reward.

I imagine it'd be like you get some kinda special currency every time you earn a certain amount of points in PvE/PvP and everyone dumps that currency into the alliance task to complete it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Supposedly gated reward tiers is the point of the "Clearance Levels" coming in R109. Hopefully it pans out.

Agreed, I still see no method to 5* transition with the new rewards. Hopefully that's phase 3.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    turul wrote:

That's what I stupidly did this morning - added spiderwoman and a 2* (don't know if the 2nd copy would have given me XP) and got nothing extra for it. Edit: Also ran the PVE nodes, where you get XP for clearing them now.

However, in the larger scheme of things it looks like XP->level will be a long-term thing, so I don't think the little drips you miss at the beginning will matter much.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2016
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    turul wrote:

That's what I stupidly did this morning - added spiderwoman and a 2* (don't know if the 2nd copy would have given me XP) and got nothing extra for it.

However, in the larger scheme of things it looks like XP->level will be a long-term thing, so I don't think the little drips you miss at the beginning will matter much.
    Yeah, I did everything I could to get Howard as high as possible during his event and then stopped spending any ISO, opening any tokens, or claiming any rewards until after the patch is live.

On Android so still waiting.......
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great update! You guys have been on a roll lately. Thanks for the much needed ISO! Can't wait for phase 3!
  • CrookedKnight
    The update went live on Google Play sometime in the last 15 minutes.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got it! I'm very happy to have all the additional ISO. It's nice to know that all the stuff I'm doing is worth something. Thanks again!

I imagine I'll be able to get up to lv 100 relatively quickly.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    The ways to gain XP seem to correlate pretty well with incentives for playing. The numbers are fairly small considering the difference between L65 and L66 is 2125XP, but I do appreciate the 10XP for green-checking a mission, for example. Most of this is stuff I'm doing anyway (at least on new release PvE's) so essentially this is an injection of "free" ISO into the economy for the players who need it the most.

And it looks like this'll actually amplify the rewards for farming 2* characters, as rostering them, adding covers to them, championing them, and adding champ levels to them will all generate XP.

The Xp for sending teamups will be a pretty big deal for organized alliances.