Gaining XP Techniques and Values

Options
2»

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    We need to start running the full numbers to see if it really is worth it in terms of iso flow to remake 2 stars that don't give covers for good 3 stars. We get to add 50 champion levels to a 2 star, which means 4 x 50 = 200 xp for one 2 star champ maxed. Obviously, that 200 xp is worth different amounts depending on what shield rank you are, both because rewards go up, and xp required to level up increase. But just to simplify matters, we can use at rank 65 you get 30k for your next level up for around 2k xp. So, that means your 200 xp / 2000 is 10% of 30k iso, or 3k iso. So basically, looking at really simplified and not necessarily consistent numbers, you get 3k per 2 star you remake and champ. If anyone can find the old calculations people did showing your total return on 2 star champs, that would be very helpful. I believe the old calculations said it was a net iso loss, but you got hp and command points instead, so it depended what you wanted more. I think the net loss was around 7k, so it would be helpful to be able to see the numbers again and determine what the new system changes.

It's a net loss compared to selling, it's still a net gain on Iso.

You gain 7976 either way by cycling through 63 2* covers

Then you either get 7774 iso (by selling), or you get HP/CP/etc (Championing).

The XP just reduces the 'opportunity loss' even further.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    ok I confirm that recruiting 1* gives you nothing. Recruiting a 2* I think gives you 2xp. I am not sure because when I recruited, I didn't see my xp go up. However when I rechecked my xp after recruiting the 2*, it looks like I gained 2xp.

So that's good news. I get a lot of 2* that I sell because they are useless. I hate moonstone and refuse to recruit her. But now I may recruit her and toss her to the curb once I am finished with her.

Edit: Adding a 2* cover for sure will give you 2xp. So it's the same as recruiting so no point of keeping someone around you don't want at all after using them up for the 2xp.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Compared to selling 63 covers of a 2*.

EDIT.
    -7.779 ISO to get 350 HP, 5 CP, 3 3* covers and 5 heroics tokens and 13*2XP+50*4XP+20XP=246XP

EDIT2
    As noted below you will get some more XP from opening tokens.

I rostered Bagman and he too gave me 2XP icon_e_wink.gif

Now
    49 to 50 level 1400XP - gives you 22,500ISO
    50 to 51 level 1450XP - gives you 22,500ISO
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's 10XP per prologue node checkmark, if you're like me and still haven't finished it. Win!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You get the 10 XP for the green checkmark, regardless of how many clears it required -- including one-time nodes, even the DDQ fights. So that's 50 free XP per day, 60 on Crash Of The Titans days.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    an1979 wrote:
    Compared to selling 63 covers of a 2*.

-7.779 ISO to get 350 HP, 5 CP, 3 3* covers and 5 heroics tokens and 63*4XP+20XP=272XP (?)

(?) - Unless the first cover has different XP value - I rostered Bagman and he gave me 2XP icon_eek.gif

Now

Plus the XP from opening the heroic tokens, and the XP cascades for whatever covers/levels the tokens give you.

Basically, 2* farming was profitable before and is even more profitable now. (And perfect timing, as I just opened up my final slot to farm every 2* character.)
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    an1979 wrote:

Now

Feel there is some work to collect this info for the wiki/tips

46 to 47 level 1275XP - gives you 20,000ISO
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think we need a separate post calculating the iso gain from champing 2 stars now. It is too complicated to throw in with everything else here. It needs a whole page to show the different iso gain for each rank.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll still keep champ-cycling 2*s. Even if it's better not to, it's just more fun to keep doing it.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With XP gained from champing 2* I get about 1/7th of a level. (When I'm on 50th - might be different on higher/lower ones)

So if from those 5 heroics tokens I will get only 2* (and sell them) there still will be slight ~1,500 to 1,000 ISO "loss".
    "Loss" because I will still be gaining 350HP and 5CP icon_cool.gif
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    Yup, I consider the loss in iso, the exchange rate for hp. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,578 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You gain 1 XP for adding a cover to a 1*, but no XP for recruiting that character (unless it's the first time you've recruited this one).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    I think we need a separate post calculating the iso gain from champing 2 stars now. It is too complicated to throw in with everything else here. It needs a whole page to show the different iso gain for each rank.

I ran numbers real quick.
    XP gain from going from non-rostered to max championed 2* (not including the bonus reward covers) is 246 XP.
    26 XP from applying 13 covers.
    20 XP from championing.
    200 XP from 50 champ levels.

For covers the best possible (this is assuming that every 3* cover you get is usable for a champ level and you get all 3*s usable for champ levels from heroic which isn't likely) is 80 XP
    That's 10 XP per 3* champ level x 3 for the guaranteed 3*s
    Plus 10 XP per 3* champ level x 5 if you lucked out and got all 3* from HTs.

So if that were the case total would be 326 XP.

It's not a huge amount, especially for the time and effort involved overall. My guess most people who didn't think it was worthwhile before, will continue to think that and those that did will enjoy the extra boost.