Has anyone pulled a Ulvenwald Hydra yet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    This is the third post where people seem to like Day's Undoing. I mean, the card is decent, but every time I've run it it seems to help the opponent out way more than it helps me out because it gives them a new hand.

Can someone explain to me why it's so good and how people are using it?

FYI I only have Jace for blue.

I suppose you could run a deck with 3 and under cast cost stuff and just run the game for like 10 minutes each time it's your turn, but that would get boring, and be kind of useless.
    From the perspective of my posted deck list, Day's Undoing is awesome. Sure, it refills my opponent's hand--but my hand consistently being full between Day's Undoing and Prism Array is all that I care about. Day's Undoing lets me dig for answers in a pinch and I generate so much mana and have answers to virtually everything between Exert Influence, Engulf the Shores, and Ulvenwald Hydra.
  • Squirreljester
    Squirreljester Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Feagul wrote:
    From the perspective of my posted deck list, Day's Undoing is awesome. Sure, it refills my opponent's hand--but my hand consistently being full between Day's Undoing and Prism Array is all that I care about. Day's Undoing lets me dig for answers in a pinch and I generate so much mana and have answers to virtually everything between Exert Influence, Engulf the Shores, and Ulvenwald Hydra.

Is that how you deal with full hands when you're using Engulf the Shore? That's one issue I'm having when I'm building blue is that there's a lot of bounce and a lot of mana draining, but neither does you any good if they manage to get something out and their hand is always full.
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    Feagul wrote:

Is that how you deal with full hands when you're using Engulf the Shore? That's one issue I'm having when I'm building blue is that there's a lot of bounce and a lot of mana draining, but neither does you any good if they manage to get something out and their hand is always full.
    EngulfTheShore.png

Is this what you're thinking of? Engulf the Shore ignores hand size AFAIK.
  • Squirreljester
    Squirreljester Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ah yeah sorry, I'm dumb and didn't read the card right the first time I looked at it (I don't own it), I thought it bounced back to the hand.

That's a better but more expensive version of GoneMissing.png