Forum Thread

2»

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 covers now. would be 10+ if they'd have told me he'd be featured in-season - I'd have kept him. guess I better work on dino too just in case they get another wild hair.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/2/3.

I bought one token every day he was in the vault and every day he was in the PVP tokens and didn't pull any extras...so I pulled the entire total amount of Ducks that were available to me otherwise....TWO.

WAHHH!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made it up to 11 covers!! I hit 1000 in pvp. Yay!

I hope to champion him the next time duck season returns! Maybe a special reward for shield clearance levels or something!!! and Dino too!
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Proud owner of a level 273 champed Howard here. I had 9 after duck-season, and a first place finish in The Simulator gave me the 4 more I needed to max him. 1 more from alliance rewards, 1 more from Webbed Wonder, and 1 more from the Fowl Play 1k progression, and here we are.

I champed him as a sort of trophy, but he was doing WORK in his featured PVP. Boosted up to level 395, his Duck, Duck, Loose does 4000 per turn with all the tiles out. Not too shabby. 32,000 health was nothing to sneeze at either. His green was also pretty great with 4*Deadpool's countdowns in Webbed Wonder, especially if the enemy's strongest color was green.

It was a lot of iso to sink into a character I probably won't use very often, but I don't regret it. Like I said above, it's a sort of trophy for me. Some people have champed 5*s, I have a champed Howard the Duck.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is 5/3/3 level 147. Enough to win a DDQ if he has to. I'm sure next time Duck Season rolls around I'll be able to max-cover him, but I doubt I'll ever champ him.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Went from 1/0/1 to 1/1/1, I think it was a guaranteed blue one that I got from the PVE? I kinda suck at PVP and didn't luck into one from the tokens either. Meh.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Mine went from 1 0 2 to 3 1 3.
    1 Green & Purple from PVE Progression, 1 Blue from the Webbed Wonder node reward, 1 Green from 1K PVP Progression.
    Not so bad, and at least I'm not sitting on 5 of a color so I get RNG screwed the next time this comes around.
    He can win a 4DDQ when it happens at least (he did last time at much lower covers), so that's probably good enough.
    I have much higher ISO priorities.

Prolly should have bought a Webbed Wonder token or two just to try and get more Howard covers. I've got 3 of the PVP tokens, but waiting to open them until after the Shield Rank update goes live.
    Ever since they removed the ability to use HC to buy covers, I don't have anything to spend HC on. I have more than enough banked for Roster slots, and I very rarely use PVP Shields.
    It kind of boggles my mind they would take away an option to spend money. HC is much more purchasable than CP. I probably would have bought about 5 to 6 4 star covers with HC by now if it were still an option. CP are way too valuable to waste on buying specific covers, since they are the only way to get 5 stars.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only earned one cover the first time around so I sold him. Figured it would be pointless to hold onto him as a useless 1-cover for who-knew-how-long.

So this time, of course, I drew one from a token, which kind of compelled me to roster him, since I got the second cover from the story. So that's where mine sits. A mostly useless two covers until who-knows-how-long icon_razz.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Mine went from 3/2/2 before the recent Howard-week to 5/3/3 now, level 229. I really hope they make him a regular addition to the token pool so I can finish him off without CP! He's one of my favorite characters in the game (and Marvel comics in general), and I had a blast in "Fowl Play" experimenting with different group combos for him.

I'm definitely hoping to champ him someday, for all the same reasons johnnyzero mentioned above. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/5/4. Could have made him 5/4/4 by getting the 1k reward in PVP, but since the one I really want at 5 covers is purple (and that was impossible, since there was only 1 purple cover to be earned in the string of Howard events), I didn't bother. I like the character so I'll champ him eventually, but he's so low priority right now that it is likely that he will be rewarded again in events and I can get a 5th purple from there before I champ-respec him.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    0/0/0

Didn't have room for him before and doesn't look like I'll have room for him now. Though right now I have him, IW, MR. Fantastic and Star Lord in my queue and barring a really lucky hp pull from the ddq vault I'll only be able to roster one. Talk about Sophie's choice! icon_rolleyes.gif All that's missing is cho
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Got my 14th cover from one of the PVP tokens so champed him today with the bonus ISO.
  • Shemhazi
    Shemhazi Posts: 28
    I have 0 cover for Howard, as I have never managed to get a cover for him.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    13. max and champed him after the shield rank iso bonanza and added an extra cover to get the first champ level reward