aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Forum Thread
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Got my 13th in PvE, now 4/5/4. Will get another green, but need a purple to re-spec to 3/5/5. And I'm not championing him.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have him at 3/2/3. Use him every day in DDQ because I love the character. Bought two ten packs from the Webbed Wonder vault but didn't draw him, wasn't a total waste though because I got a Peggy cover and a legendary token that yielded a Nova yellow.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    At 2/2/4 now, and still have the cover from Fowl Play left to do. Was at 4 covers before this set of events.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where is "13+ and will probably champ him when we get our shield level iso"?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Currently 2/2/4, planning to get the PvP cover tomorrow. After Duck Season he was 1/1/2, so I am quite pleased.
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Got Howard fully covered after PVE and now a tough decision. I have 2 extra Howard covers and 200K Iso saved. I can either champ Howard to 272 or go after my 1 extra Kate cover that expires in 10 days. I can do one or the other, not both .... unless Monday brings a boatload of ISO rewards.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is 3/5/4 and dupe at 2/0/0. Think he was 3/3/3 before recent run. Took first in Sim, tried to tank WW, so didn't get blue cover. Was really hoping purple would be in WW like last time, but it didn't happen. Pulled 16 things from WW vault, but didn't get the purple from there. I already took him to 199 from 160, and will take him to 200 when I get that last purple.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is sitting at 5/4/4 level 135, with 2 covers in my queue, (3 if I decide to play the Howard PvP). I might champ him, depending on the rank rewards on Monday. I still have about ten 3*s left to champ. But every time I get enough iso to champ one, I miraculously get 3 or 4 covers for a 4*. If it is just a single cover, I sell it. But not 3 or 4. So I champ them instead. Like now. I have a pretty decent stash of iso, but I've got 2 Howard covers. So do I champ him or my 3*s ?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had one cover for him by the end of the previous event. I got two more this time. Couldn't hit 1000 in PvP because none of this week's 4*s were usable for me so I had to make myself an easy target with Thor/IM40. No luck from tokens either.

I very much doubt I'll ever get anywhere with Howard.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    From 9 covers I got Top 5 in the pve to fully cover him, then got two more covers from pve final node and pvp 1k.

Maxed and champed him without any hesitation. Howard's pretty good boosted! It's a shame he's only boosted in his events and he's not part of the weekly boosted rotation.

Also for a limited release character, it was pretty disappointing that his champ rewards are the same as every other 4*. IMO feels like they missed an opportunity to reward completing him, or at least give an incentive for players to get him.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    11 covers, none in queue. Specifically 3/4/4, which I suppose is a fairly decent position since nothings capped at rank 5. That means if/when he's up for grabs again, it doesn't really matter what order the prizes are in.

However, I'm not really in a position yet where I'm willing to divert ISO into Howard; so I don't know if I'll champ him. It's more than likely that Devil Dino covers will come back into availability at Anniversary 3, and I'm already at 13 covers there.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is sitting at 5/4/4 level 135, with 2 covers in my queue, (3 if I decide to play the Howard PvP). I might champ him, depending on the rank rewards on Monday. I still have about ten 3*s left to champ. But every time I get enough iso to champ one, I miraculously get 3 or 4 covers for a 4*. If it is just a single cover, I sell it. But not 3 or 4. So I champ them instead. Like now. I have a pretty decent stash of iso, but I've got 2 Howard covers. So do I champ him or my 3*s ?

I would do the 3*.

Since you have a few champed 4* you can benefit from any other covers that drop, especially if you can champ the 3* that rewards that cover..

But it will be close to spring time before they consider rerunning web wonder. I don't think it will show up again with anniversay coming up, Dr. Strange and other themed holidays.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 2/0/2 Howard made the epic climb to 2/1/2. Look out, MPQ World, here I come...

That being said, my Howard/Ares/Squirrel Girl team won more points than it lost on defense in his PVP event (which I believe is the first time ever that one of my teams has been a net-positive on defense), so maybe that one cover really did make the difference icon_e_smile.gif
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    1/1/1 and glad to have 'em.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    I can't afford to keep him rostered right now, I only have 75 roster slots and every single one has to go to a character I can get via tokens.

Same with Devil Dinosaur. I just got three covers as my 1-year shield resupply gift. I guess 3000 iso is not too bad icon_neutral.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DTStump wrote:
    I can't afford to keep him rostered right now, I only have 75 roster slots and every single one has to go to a character I can get via tokens.

Same with Devil Dinosaur. I just got three covers as my 1-year shield resupply gift. I guess 3000 iso is not too bad icon_neutral.gif
    Devil Dino should be let out to play in October for the third anniversary, so it might help if you could hang on to those covers until then. Then again, it shouldn't be that difficult to get at least one then...
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is 4\2\4 now and lvl 206.

His skills I think make great tus. Would like to have someone with a 5\5\3 duck send me some tus.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/2/1 after his event, and I wish I had more. I really like him as a complement to Logan/Phoenix.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was 3/3/3 after the first Duck Season, now 5/4/4 with two covers in my rewards queue.
    Depending on how much ISO I'll get tomorrow, I might champ him. Green was a lot of fun with OML/PHX.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Where is "13+ and will probably champ him when we get our shield level iso"?
    This fits me as well. He's covermaxed, with an extra in the queue, and I'll champ him once I have the ISO.