Fun Discussion: What Power Would You Like to See?

2»

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alter Reality: - Undoes all the affects of last enemy turn so that they have to re-do it with new results (ie re-fire any powers, re-select a gem match, re-roll random gem falls / CD placements etc etc).

Basically an anti-**** power for when the AI gets those insane cascades icon_evil.gif

KGB

P.S. This is easy to implement because game would just need to keep a snapshot of how things are at the start of each players turn so it can be rolled back (minus the AP needed to fire the Alter Reality power).
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love to see a power-steal ability with some nasty side effects. Psylocke's **** blue is a perfect candidate for re-purposing:

Bewilder - Blue 10 bluetile.png
    Psylocke steadies and channels her telepathic power, reaching into the minds of the enemy to steal their abilities and inflict them with a crippling psychic breakdown.
    When cast, replaces this power with a chosen power of the enemy target and stuns that target for two turns. Enemy target's chosen power is replaced by Mental Breakdown.
    Mental Breakdown (passive):
    At the start of the turn, if not stunned, chance to become stunned for 1 turn, chance to deal xxx damage to fellow team-mates, chance to destroy xxx friendly AP, chance to replace enemy team's Psylocke's stolen power with Mental Breakdown and regain stolen power.

Probably it would be a coding nightmare, but it sounds like a fun ability!
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    I've always envisioned Rogue as a character who would flat out steal enemy abilities.

She'd have only 1 skill unlike traditional characters and it would have 13 covers. At 13 covers:

Absorb Power: 5 Green: Prevent the use of one random enemy skill and add it to Rogue's set of powers until Rogue is knocked out. This skill can be used 3 times per battle. On the 3rd use Absorb Power is replaced with the 3rd enemy skill stolen. When Absorbing a skill, Rogue deals _____ damage and stuns for 1 turn.

*The damage would scale based on number of covers.
    ** You could also make the stolen powers less effective based on Rogue covers. So at 6 covers she steals the power but it only deals 50% of the total damage if it's a damage skill.

Given the unique nature of this character I'd make her into a 5*. I don't actually think she'd be all that great but the fun factor of a skill like that would be great. Imagine stealing OML's means of transforming with Surfers immunity to stun and Goblin's pumpkin bombs. Chaotic fun!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pick a character - choose a character not to see in your MMR queue.

NO MORE 85% OML?!? YES PLEASE.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    been mentioned on these forums before; a health regeneration tile that gives health every turn. like a reverse attack tile.
  • KGB
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Pick a character - choose a character not to see in your MMR queue.

NO MORE 85% OML?!? YES PLEASE.

Instead of a single character I'd like the option to filter out all teams that contain any 5* character when I'm doing my skips.

As someone who is mid way in the 3* transition there is nothing more disheartening than seeing team after team that contains a single cover 5* character that you know is going to wreck you with match damage before you can kill him icon_e_sad.gif

KGB
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I've imagined a character that can un-stun friendly characters.
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Status effect powers.

Use an overlay similar to stun or fastball special and tie it to a countdown. So for example say add Morbius and and give him an ability that deals X damage and places an X turn countdown tile in play that weakens target character (characters match damage strength is reduced by X%).
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    The ability to negate passive effects. Not sure what character might have it, but I think it would certainly be interesting.

Maybe Hercules and his power is "Battlelust" to where only actives can be used while he is above so much HP (kinda like Peggy).
    You could use this to counteract certain powers that affect the flow of a match, allowing certain meta shifts to take place.
    OML no longer able to heal or generate tiles, Jean no longer able to resurrect, Bruce no longer able to transform or Bolt able to make charge tiles...

Even as a 4*, this character would make a good addition to just about any team.
  • KGB
    Blahahah wrote:
    The ability to negate passive effects. Not sure what character might have it, but I think it would certainly be interesting.

Rogue

It would be a passive skill for her. At start of turn she could select an enemy character (visible).

1 cover - Negate all passives for that character
    2-4 covers - Drain X health where X increases slightly per cover
    5 covers - Rogue gains the enemy passive(s)

KGB
  • TheAlphateam
    TheAlphateam Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I'd like to see specific tile swaps. Moonstone has that will swap a special tile sort of thing, but where it goes is random.

Where you pick a specific tile and have it go to a specific location.

Level 1: Swap 1 pair
    Level 2: Swap 2 pair
    Etc..
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like to see specific tile swaps. Moonstone has that will swap a special tile sort of thing, but where it goes is random.

Where you pick a specific tile and have it go to a specific location.

Level 1: Swap 1 pair
    Level 2: Swap 2 pair
    Etc..
    The problem with those kinds of powers is that they can be used to fuel infinite turn combos (winfinites), so either they have some limitations or are very expensive...

Quicksilver blackflag.png (Idle Hands) - swaps two basic (including tutile.png ) tiles. Initially it cound swap 2 pairs of tiles at level 5, but it got nerfed before he was even released.
    Bag-Man purpleflag.png (Switcheroo) - can swap up to 2 pairs of coloured tiles, but costs a lot. Like, really a lot.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    How about a counter to star lord's yellow as a new power for a new character.

Purple 8 - Once this power is activated, it becomes a passive. Gain 1 ap of the color of the coundown tile at the end of the turn for every enemy countdown tile on the board.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like a positive buff power not tied to countdowns. More like strang5 purple but can put multiple down.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Luck. You know, like Longshot or Black Cat.

Black Cat blackflag.png(Passive) Black Cat's uncanny luck potentially hinders her foes and helps her allies. Whenever a new tile falls, there is a 20% chance it is your team's strongest color.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    As others have said, the ability to use an opponents power would be awesome.

I would also like to see more characters have Deadpool point powers. Superkills that you would need to save up for. Squirrel Girl I'm looking at you....

Someone mentioned taking control of countdown tiles....may have skipped over it, but that was Moonstone's original power. Too bad it broke the game. Having a deadly shot tile turn around and blast a sniper was fun.