Fun Discussion: What Power Would You Like to See?

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So just a fun discussion here... What power would you like to see introduced into the game? And what character would allow that to happen?

Like.. I was thinking a character who had a passive or active 3*falcon-blue-match-like debuff for a random number of strike/shield/attack tiles.

Who could do this: Rogue. She could nimbly fly over, touch a character, and weaken said tiles (and maybe even simultaneously buff team tiles).

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    The power to increase ISO flow.....on the rumored Dev character. I know, wishful thinking.....
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    A chance to pause count down tiles, not just pause the number but to pause any affects of those tiles.

A power that destroys trap tiles.

More ways to steal AP from opponents or else prevent them from gaining AP.

Block power attacks from a certain color for a certain amount of turns.

These would be great for certain annoying pve enemies.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I think they should have a "I win" power. It's a 5* deadpool character with purple. It costs 30 purple ap. And also there is a draw back. Every turn, you lose 1 purple ap in exchange for ap in other colors. If no purple ap, no gain in other color ap. Kinda like galactus but a player controlled power.

So at 1 purple cover, costs 30ap and is instant win power. But drains 3 purple ap per turn, but gives 1 red, yellow, and blue
    at 2 purple covers, costs 30 ap and is instant win power. But drains 2 purple ap per turn, but gives 1 red, yellow and blue
    At 3 covers, costs 30 ap and is instant win power. But drains 1 purple per turn, but gives 1 red, yellow, and blue
    At 3 covers, costs 29 ap and is instant win power. But drains 1 purple per turn, but gives 1 red, yellow, and blue
    At 3 covers, costs 28 ap and is instant win power. But drains 1 purple per turn, but gives 1 red, yellow, and blue

Kinda like 3* deadpool's whales but without having to get the deadpool points to use it.

Would totally counter old man logan.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to see something like Rogue or Xavier steal powers. An ability where you can use the enemy teams abilities against them.

For example, say I was using Cyclops, Jean Grey and Professor X. against Venom, Daken and Moonstone. Prof. X. can take control of a random enemy, say Daken. Then he will use his blue Chemical Reaction power against Moonstone or Venom.

It would cost Xavier 5 blue ap to take control, and then use 5 of a random color of the enemy ap for Daken to do it. Or it would cost 11 red for Xavier to take control Moonstone, then 11 random ap of the enemies for her to use her Photon Blast against Daken or Venom. Or it could be something like a team up from an enemy.

Or just a power where you take control of an enemy with a cd tile. While cd tile is on the board, a random enemy is under your control. All match damage and abilities done by that character while cd is active hurts the enemy team.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I would like an AOE that would increase in power if there are no longer 3 enemies on the opposing team.

for example, the power does 3,000 AOE damage.
    if 3 enemies, 1,000 damage on each
    if 2 enemies, 1,500 damage on each
    if 1 enemy, 3,000 damage

maybe call it "pool damage" or something?
  • Jam_Adams
    I would like to see something like Rogue or Xavier steal powers. An ability where you can use the enemy teams abilities against them.

For example, say I was using Cyclops, Jean Grey and Professor X. against Venom, Daken and Moonstone. Prof. X. can take control of a random enemy, say Daken. Then he will use his blue Chemical Reaction power against Moonstone or Venom.

It would cost Xavier 5 blue ap to take control, and then use 5 of a random color of the enemy ap for Daken to do it. Or it would cost 11 red for Xavier to take control Moonstone, then 11 random ap of the enemies for her to use her Photon Blast against Daken or Venom. Or it could be something like a team up from an enemy.

Or just a power where you take control of an enemy with a cd tile. While cd tile is on the board, a random enemy is under your control. All match damage and abilities done by that character while cd is active hurts the enemy team.
    this would be pretty bad ****
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    I would like an AOE that would increase in power if there are no longer 3 enemies on the opposing team.

if 1 enemy, 3,000 damage

Like Punisher MAX green?
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Some sort of self destruct. Don't know who could use it, but I think it'd be interesting (and already exists in goons)

example= Deals X AOE damage (Massive amount for character level), downs the hero

Or some sort of self sacrifice to gain AP (again, don't know who)

Example= -6 (Whatever color) AP, - Health (substantial), +6 AP in all other color
  • Jam_Adams
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:

if 1 enemy, 3,000 damage

Like Punisher MAX green?
    sort of I guess. doesn't punisher max do damage to the target only? he is very undercovered for me and therefore I don't use him or have much knowledge of his abilities. I looked it up though, and it reads like it only damages the target.

what I proposed is AOE. so in a sense I guess the power would function the same, only instead of targeted damage, it would be AOE (until there is one left)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards

I had a similar thought for Rogue. I was thinking of a power like Colossus' "Fastball Special", but it targets an enemy character and Rogue (either immediately, after a countdown or after leaving the board, al la fastball special) fires one of their powers for "free".
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, Rogue having an "enemy" fastball special would be a good one.

I'd also like something to dupe special tiles. Think Hive Mind for Ultron Prime. I don't know who would be best. Someone like Forge or The Maker. Or heck, just add Ultron Prime to the list of winnable characters. If duplicationse every turn is too overpowered, you could have it trigger every match of a specified color, similar to Falcon.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker

You mean like a certain VILLIAN named Absorbing Man?!?! icon_twisted.gif
  • Piro_plock
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:

if 1 enemy, 3,000 damage

Like Punisher MAX green?
    sort of I guess. doesn't punisher max do damage to the target only? he is very undercovered for me and therefore I don't use him or have much knowledge of his abilities. I looked it up though, and it reads like it only damages the target.

what I proposed is AOE. so in a sense I guess the power would function the same, only instead of targeted damage, it would be AOE (until there is one left)
    Punisher MAX green skill, Merciless Charge, is AOE. If there are no downed enemies, it's a pretty weak AOE. One downed enemy makes it much stronger AOE. Two downed enemies and it's a massive single target damage attack:
    Stuns allies for 2 turns and deals 639 damage to the enemy team plus 574 for every downed enemy.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2016
    Well, mostly its not "what power" but "what color".
    You know, most of heals are yellow. Most of AoE dmg are green. Most of stuns are blue. I would like to see a change - red heal, black stun, yellow AoE etc.

But back to powers. What i would like to see is:
    - The ability to "wake up" stunned characters
    - The ability to steal an enemy, or
    - The ability to mimic an enemy´s powers (similar to mistique, but original hero could use skill of the target)
    - Countdown tile that would reflect all damage dealt by enemy while at the board
    - Skill with changeable cost - like f.e. Power that would cost 5 red or green APs
    - Power powered/charged by crit boosts (so they may become useful again)
    - Reviving teammate at the cost of health of caster/another teammate.
    - Shield ability - simply said its a health burst that adds temporal HPs over maximum amount
  • Piro_plock
    edited August 2016
    veny wrote:
    Well, mostly its not "what power" but "what color".
    You know, most of heals are yellow. Most of AoE dmg are green. Most of stuns are blue. I would like to see a change - red heal, black stun, yellow AoE etc.
    Well, there are some skills that break away from the stereotypical colours assigned to the effect. Here are some examples off the top of my head.
    Stuns:
    blackflag.png 3* Cap Marvel
    greenflag.png 5* Spidey
    purpleflag.png Mystique, Gwen
    redflag.png Thing, Miles Morales
    yellowflag.png Nick Fury or 5* Cap
    Heals (most of them passive, but hey, it counts)
    blackflag.png Daken
    blueflag.png OBW
    greenflag.png Phoenix
    redflag.png X-23
    AOE:
    blackflag.png Black Panther, 3* Punisher, 2* Ms Marvel
    blueflag.png 2* Storm, IM40, Quicksilver
    purpleflag.png 3* JG, SW
    redflag.png Carnage, Sentry
    yellowflag.png OML
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    How about a Good Luck power for a character like Domino. When activated, the power adds up the numbers on all countdown tiles (enemy and allied), then replaces them all with random numbers that add up to the same total. Like She-Hulk's blue, there's a bias toward lower numbers for the friendly tiles.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    There are some really good suggestions here. Maybe MPQ can have a contest that lets player submit powers they want in the game. At the end of the contest, MPQ chooses one to add and that player who suggested it get a prize for their efforts!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I could just about write a book on this.

I'd love to see any power that really changes the default mechanics. Something that I think is missing is a power which changes how tiles are added to the board - for example, a countdown tile that "swaps gravity" so that tiles float up from the bottom of the board.
  • HossDrone
    HossDrone Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Someone who calls a goon to your team if you have teammate down. Fire it, computer gives you a list of possible goons, choose one. They start doing all the annoying tinykitty they do but for you.

Same as above but just a random character you have rostered.

Someone who straight batteries team up ap like im40 but team up ap only.

Drain all your ap of a color of your choice, get an equal amount in another random color.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    A power that moves a large number of tiles on the board in a non-random, pre-determined way would be nice. For example, move the tiles on the inside of the board to the outside and the outside to the inside. Tons of ways to implement similar things and I think they could have a lot of flavor. Surprisingly, other than Devil Dino, sorta, this isn't really something they've done that I can think of. I think you could do something like that for 6 purple AP pretty reasonably.

I would like it if they could design some powers that get stronger (or cheaper) the more AP your opponents have. The AI getting stupid cascades is one of the most frustrating things in the game because there's so little counterplay involved; there really ought to be abilities that are designed to deal with that situation, especially if it was good as a team up.