Patch Notes - R108 (08/29/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ R108!

Spider-Woman is here, love or fear her!

What’s Changed:
    - S.H.I.E.L.D. Ranking part 1 and 2. - The Roster button now indicates how many covers are in the Rewards Cache. - She-Hulk’s Furious Charge no longer drains Team-Up AP. - Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)’s Sonic Boom at levels one through 4 no longer attempts to drain Black AP if there isn’t any left from activating the power. - Nova’s Rocket Man now deals the correct amount of damage. - Jean Grey (Phoenix)’s levels can be increased from Black Bolt’s Silent King power after she’s been revived by From the Ashes. - Black Bolt’s The Silent King is now Team-Up eligible. - After using Colossus’ Fastball Special: passives that activate when a power is activated no longer fire a second time. - The game will now display players correctly after joining an Alliance. - Tapping the top of the Champion Reward list will no longer go to the Resources screen. - Board will now reshuffle after all possible board actions are resolved. - Training characters is now present for non-active, damaged characters in Training Screen. - Championed character’s Star rarity colors in the roster of opposing players display correctly.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank preview screenshot
MPQ_SHIELD_Rank_August_2016.jpg

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    What’s Changed:
      - S.H.I.E.L.D. Ranking part 1 and 2.

Really interested to see what this is and how it works since it ties into the future game updates. Hopefully this comes with a good explanation for how the ranking system works and how you are ranked and can improve your ranking.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Board will now reshuffle after all possible board actions are resolved.

I seriously, seriously hope this finally works correctly and never has to be fixed again.

KGB
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Ranking part 1 and 2.

I'd be excited, if I understood how it worked.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

- Nova’s Rocket Man now deals the correct amount of damage.

Yay!
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Added a S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank preview screenshot.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Added a S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank preview screenshot.

That's a lot of iso! Hope the lower levels are generous also!
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Existing players will be granted a level based on their current roster's characters, including levels and covers. You will receive a popup after logging in for the first time after updating that indicates your new level and rewards received for it.

Would be awesome to see people's rewards! Take a picture and post it!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Existing players will be granted a level based on their current roster's characters, including levels and covers. You will receive a popup after logging in for the first time after updating that indicates your new level and rewards received for it.

126540-I-Got-A-Rock_zpsgbohvek9.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm very excited for these updates! Next week can't come soon enough!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    This is just the beginning!!!!!
    :+D
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I'm trying to temper my excitement based on that screenshot. 30k iso is a lot, which is awesome, but I'm assuming getting xp is going to be a slow process. 123 is a very exact number.

I'm hopeful. It just seems like it's always one step forward, 3 back with the game sometimes.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    sorry if i sound like pessimist, but i think it would have been better implement this during off season. i only hope doing this during first week of a season doesn't cause mpq to crash with bugs; this potentially can generate if not properly tested.

We saw what happened when they made all sent TU's 5 covers.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Cthulhu wrote:

126540-I-Got-A-Rock_zpsgbohvek9.gif

Is rocks your word for critical boosts and Totally Awesome Hulk covers?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    sorry if i sound like pessimist, but i think it would have been better implement this during off season. i only hope doing this during first week of a season doesn't cause mpq to crash with bugs; this potentially can generate if not properly tested.

We saw what happened when they made all sent TU's 5 covers.
    R109
    Corrected a bug that caused all players to lose their rosters when they were started a SHIELD Rank 1. Players will receive 5 free Critical Boosts as compensation.

R110
    Corrected a bug that caused players to return to Rank 1 after using their 5 Critical Boosts. The 2 players this affected will have their Critical Boosts refunded.

R111
    Added a feature to the forum that removes posts with negative statements about Critical Boosts.

R112
    Critical Boosts now automatically selected when starting a mission.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Hng, too much awesome....stroking out.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there a list somewhere with the rewards for each rank? It would be really really nice to know (and it would probably need a new post in the guides section)

Please please pretty please let there be some 5 covers as rewards for the higher ranks
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:

Will people get all the preceding level rewards as well as the one they are granted based on their current roster?
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Crowl wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

Will people get all the preceding level rewards as well as the one they are granted based on their current roster?

Yes, they will get all the preceding level rewards:
    All existing players will be grandfathered in starting at the very least at level 5 which grants access to all the in-game features (Versus mode, Alliances, etc). Maximum players will be grandfathered into level 65 and gain all the rewards they would have gained the day they log into R108!
    http://marvel.com/news/video_games/26637/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_spider-woman
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds interesting.

Would a dev please post what is required for the automatic placement levels? I'm past day 900 of play, have 16 champed 4*s, all characters, and about 20 champed 3s. I'm not including 2s in this as I'm in the middle of recycling them.

Is this enough to grant me level 65 status? If not, what is?

Also, I'd assume the star tier of character affects the points given towards SHIELD tier, right?

When will we know more about how the various rank generating points are assigned/earn rates?

Thanks!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    Sounds interesting.

Would a dev please post what is required for the automatic placement levels? I'm past day 900 of play, have 16 champed 4*s, all characters, and about 20 champed 3s. I'm not including 2s in this as I'm in the middle of recycling them.

Is this enough to grant me level 65 status? If not, what is?

Also, I'd assume the star tier of character affects the points given towards SHIELD tier, right?

When will we know more about how the various rank generating points are assigned/earn rates?

Thanks!
    I'm just going to use KingDreadnaught as a measuring stock. That guy will probably be level 65. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    With that standard, I'll be happy if I get past level 50 at launch...
  • lockvine
    lockvine Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2016
    Would it be possible to get a post of the levels and their corresponding rewards?

Even better would to also get exp per level and actions that grant exp with amount earned per action?

Update:
    No change to my requests but reading through the forums some more it looks like grandfather levels will be determined "only" by current roster and not include previous buys. I understand the mechanics of pulling every accounts previous transactions and adding exp is probably significant so I agree with this choice. I hope this doesn't cause you to not want to post the answer to my second question. Do to fear of lots of customer support complaints on Monday because someone has done the math on all the various ways to earn exp and thinks they are low.

Just be clear in your post that for grandfather levels your roster earns exp this way. After the update all these actions, buying included, earn you exp this way. Additionally I would say that the community will suss out all of this information on their own after the fact. Please just post it upfront hear the feedback before it goes live. Hopefully spread out the needed customer support instead of it all hitting in one day.