Webbed Wonder Progression Goal

tanis3303
tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This seem...idk, crazy high to anyone else? I cleared sub 1 till the timers started on all nodes, then didn't touch it again. Cleared sub 2 to start all the timers, and I'm just barely halfway up the progression ladder. What gives? Unless sub 3 is worth literally double the points, I'm not going to make it. Am I jumping the gun here, or should I dig out my pitchfork? Anyone know how much extra effort I'm looking at to hit that CP prize? Will grinding sub 2 (and 3??) down to 1 point even get me there, or since I didn't grind sub 1 to dust, am I boned?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    You need to clear beyond just starting the timers. I did a Quick calculation yesterday, and four clears of each regular node and two clears of each wave node will only net you around 47000 Points, 7000 Points short of the CP.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Under this new system, 4 clears on each sub has been more than enough to reach progression. Strange that they would make it so much higher for this one. Especially with Howard as an essential, which a lot of people don't have.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    You need to clear beyond just starting the timers. I did a Quick calculation yesterday, and four clears of each regular node and two clears of each wave node will only net you around 47000 Points, 7000 Points short of the CP.

So am I boned since I didn't do this for sub 1? Or can I make up 7,000+ points by grinding the other 2 to dust? If I'm boned, I'd like to know now so I can just snag the Howard cover at the end of sub 3 and not bother with it past that...
  • Quebbster
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

So am I boned since I didn't do this for sub 1? Or can I make up 7,000+ points by grinding the other 2 to dust? If I'm boned, I'd like to know now so I can just snag the Howard cover at the end of sub 3 and not bother with it past that...
    I Think one extra playthrough of each node in the last two subs after the Clock has started will net you the extra Points you need to reach the final progression. It's just an off-the-cuff calculation though. The more the Points can regenerate Before that final playthrough the better obviously.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    This happened last time with webbed wonder as well. I played like crazy but didn't hit top progression. So it looks like they haven't adjusted at all to make it any easier. Oh well! At least hopefully the Howard cover is easy enough to score. That will bring me to 10 Howard covers! And then hopefully I win more in the PVP! I can't wait to champion him in a few years!!!!!!

!!!
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I put this up in the Webbed Wonder thread in the Events section, I'll throw it here too. It isn't perfect. I don't know the value of the 2* essentials for the last two days, this is using the old, higher values.

Ignore the ''3 clears only" and 3 clears + grind" lines, those were for the old system.

This only shows what you get for doing the full clears - 4 for normal nodes, 2 for waves and 1 for the first nodes as the timers start as soon as you finish it the first time. And without howard as I do not have him. I didn't look at this until I had done the clears for day 1, I think I will skip the rest as it seems to require too much grinding / optimal play which I can not do due to the time I have available to play. And I don't really want to grind anyway. icon_mad.gif

If any numbers seem off, let me know and I can update it. Happy to be proven wrong that I could actually get the CP without grinding.

4pwqScm.png

If I put in 4 clears for each 4* Essential, the red required cell shows 9540 still to earn, which would be doable with extra clears.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    not going to even bother on this one, joined the slice (5,v) this morning and it was at 985 players already.

Nope. Oh and I don't have a howard. No chance for me.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in s1.

I joined late, did my initial clears, fell asleep after a couple essentials last night (woke up to the longest fight pause ever), then finished my 5th clear (3rd for waves) and ended up at 15k.

I just finished my initial clears in sub2. That gave me 16k. So estimating around 19k total.

15 + 19 = 34k

Final progression at 54k - 34k = 20k.

I can see the third sub easily being worth that, so as long as you have all essential characters, you are not hosed.

However, I will agree that the progression points for this one are a lot tighter. In the new system, I've easily hit progression sometimes days before the last sub on 4-5 clears only. I don't grind. Ever.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Thanks, wasn't going to bother with this one because of my lack of duck. I didn't know about the howard cover though, so I will snag that also.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good to bump this over here in case devs aren't looking at events.

I'm S1. I do my normal thing, hit everything 4x (for rewards, this clears all the waves this time) and all trivial 6x.

Sub 1: 13K
    Sub 2: 18K (1.4x as much)
    Sub 3: 25K? (if 1.4x as much)
    Total 56K (54K progression total)

Through two subs with 4x+ hit on everything I'm at 32K, it has to be HUGE points in Sub3 for me to even hit progression!

Along with this, scaling seems to be tougher than usual. Last PVE I had max/buffed Iceman/HB (HB my highest level 4*). This PVE I have max/buffed XF/DPXF - scaling should be same? But last PVE nodes were ~350 (Essentials) and ~370 (final nodes) - this time they are 378 (essentials) and 393 (! Hello there huge Hood, yikes!).
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    It doesn't seem to fit the new style of PvE play.

BUT...

I'm so happy to be doing something for only the second time! It even has unique backdrop art! And it's well written!

WORTH SACRIFICING THE NEW BETTER GAMEPLAY STYLE!
  • Quebbster
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Good to bump this over here in case devs aren't looking at events.

I'm S1. I do my normal thing, hit everything 4x (for rewards, this clears all the waves this time) and all trivial 6x.

Sub 1: 13K
    Sub 2: 18K (1.4x as much)
    Sub 3: 25K? (if 1.4x as much)
    Total 56K (54K progression total)

Through two subs with 4x+ hit on everything I'm at 32K, it has to be HUGE points in Sub3 for me to even hit progression!

Along with this, scaling seems to be tougher than usual. Last PVE I had max/buffed Iceman/HB (HB my highest level 4*). This PVE I have max/buffed XF/DPXF - scaling should be same? But last PVE nodes were ~350 (Essentials) and ~370 (final nodes) - this time they are 378 (essentials) and 393 (! Hello there huge Hood, yikes!).
    The second sub only has one survival node while the last sub has two, both worth big points. I don't think it's quite so bad as you make it out, but you do need to put in serious work to get the CP.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    deadtaco wrote:
    I put this up in the Webbed Wonder thread in the Events section, I'll throw it here too. It isn't perfect. I don't know the value of the 2* essentials for the last two days, this is using the old, higher values.

Ignore the ''3 clears only" and 3 clears + grind" lines, those were for the old system.

This only shows what you get for doing the full clears - 4 for normal nodes, 2 for waves and 1 for the first nodes as the timers start as soon as you finish it the first time. And without howard as I do not have him. I didn't look at this until I had done the clears for day 1, I think I will skip the rest as it seems to require too much grinding / optimal play which I can not do due to the time I have available to play. And I don't really want to grind anyway. icon_mad.gif

If any numbers seem off, let me know and I can update it. Happy to be proven wrong that I could actually get the CP without grinding.

4pwqScm.png

If I put in 4 clears for each 4* Essential, the red required cell shows 9540 still to earn, which would be doable with extra clears.

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering what I was going to have to do since I was at 9446 (like you, no Howard) and didn't know how points would scale the last two days.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this make sense? Last PvE was a Heroic, so those big 5* characters were locked out, and general forum noise indicated that scaling was adjusted appropriately. It seems right to me that if you have your 5*s available, scaling should be a little worse depending on how covered/leveled they are (and you have a 450 Phoenix if I'm not mistaken).

I agree though that this progression goal is way out of control under the current PvE system. I don't remember what I got last time in Webbed Wonder, but I was 6th overall. I think somewhere in the low 60k range. 54k with fewer points available in general is stupid.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this make sense? Last PvE was a Heroic, so those big 5* characters were locked out, and general forum noise indicated that scaling was adjusted appropriately. It seems right to me that if you have your 5*s available, scaling should be a little worse depending on how covered/leveled they are (and you have a 450 Phoenix if I'm not mistaken).

Sorry, I may be mistaking which was last - I meant the last non-Heroic I guess. I don't often track exact numbers, but the last nodes just seemed a bit tougher this time and I couldn't really see a scaling reason for it. It's not much, but it matters more when it seems you have to grind those maximum nodes!
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    It's higher than expected, but still reasonable if you have Howard.

I'm doing an average of 5 clears. That's 4 clears on tough nodes, 6-7 on the easy nodes, and probably 4 on all of the waves. I don't play at the most efficient times, and I got 15k in round 1, 20k in round 2, and expecting 25k in round 3. That's 60k total, well above the 54k progression.

Then again, that play would normally get me close to double progression...
  • DFiPL
    Pants1000 wrote:
    It's higher than expected, but still reasonable if you have Howard.

I'm doing an average of 5 clears. That's 4 clears on tough nodes, 6-7 on the easy nodes, and probably 4 on all of the waves. I don't play at the most efficient times, and I got 15k in round 1, 20k in round 2, and expecting 25k in round 3. That's 60k total, well above the 54k progression.

Then again, that play would normally get me close to double progression...

I don't have Howard; had about 13k in the first sub, am at 13.4k after 4x clears in the second sub (27k overall). That first sub was with 5+ clears on each node (I think I went 6 for trivial, 5 each for the hard) on everything. Same plan for sub 2 before it closes. So...we'll see.

I figure I'm gonna need 25k without Howard to even have a chance.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    At that pace I think you can get it. Save a roster spot for Howard for the 3rd round, even if you don't plan to keep him.
  • DFiPL
    Pants1000 wrote:
    At that pace I think you can get it. Save a roster spot for Howard for the 3rd round, even if you don't plan to keep him.

I don't have the HP to add a roster spot, but I can drop my one-cover Nova, I suppose. I value the CP more than I value that cover.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Pants1000 wrote:

I don't have the HP to add a roster spot, but I can drop my one-cover Nova, I suppose. I value the CP more than I value that cover.

I'd keep the Nova and drop a 2* that you could easily level back up in a couple of weeks. Or even better your 1* that you use to beat the DDQ 1* node. You can pick up 1* covers super fast and have your Juggs or IM back up and running in a couple of days.

Nova is pretty sweet.